Scrap the whiteout

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not only should the white-out be kept forever the Jets should tell the league they are wearing white for all their home playoff games and they wear the Heritage classics as well . We went how many years without a playoff game in Winnipeg and now that we have made the playoffs 2 years in a row , we need to get rid of it ? Unreal .

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
No only should the white-out be kept forever the Jets should tell the league they are wearing white for all their home playoff games and they wear the Heritage classics as well . We went how many years without a playoff game in Winnipeg and now that we have made the playoffs 2 years in a row , we need to get rid of it ? Unreal .

Yes, that's a terrific idea. :thumbu:

:jets

Reactions: Jets 31

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The Jets are 5-9 at home in the playoffs since they came back from Atlanta with the whiteout.

I think home ice advantage isn't an advantage when you can barely hear your fans. Montreal has home ice advantage, there's a buzz in the building come playoff time. Boston has it. Winnipeg's richest people aren't even hockey fans, I would say, and peasants that are hockey fans can't be heard anymore, because $500 for a hockey game, is about half to a quarter of a pay cheque for a lot of working class heroes that are True hockey fans.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Not only should the white-out be kept forever the Jets should tell the league they are wearing white for all their home playoff games and they wear the Heritage classics as well . We went how many years without a playoff game in Winnipeg and now that we have made the playoffs 2 years in a row , we need to get rid of it ? Unreal .

Yeah, good luck in selling that to Bettman and the NHL suits

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
What are you talking about? Fans began wearing white as soon as they made the playoffs for the first time against Anaheim in 2015.

No the Jets made the NHL playoffs for the first time in 1982. The whiteout was started in 1987. The notion was the whiteout makes the jets play poorly at home. The reality is they played poorly at home, prior to the whiteout too.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
No the Jets made the NHL playoffs for the first time in 1982. The whiteout was started in 1987. The notion was the whiteout makes the jets play poorly at home. The reality is they played poorly at home, prior to the whiteout too.

Thanks for clarifying that you were including Jets 1.0 as part of the overall record. I vote to keep the whiteout simply based on how much fun it is for the fans.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
The Whiteout is a tradition. I think we should keep it but the fans need to be really loud like we were in previous years and like are for the Islanders in the playoffs. Speaking of tradition, maybe we should also change the team name to the Winnipeg Victorias. Then we could say that we have won the Stanley Cup a few times.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I think home ice advantage isn't an advantage when you can barely hear your fans. Montreal has home ice advantage, there's a buzz in the building come playoff time. Boston has it. Winnipeg's richest people aren't even hockey fans, I would say, and peasants that are hockey fans can't be heard anymore, because $500 for a hockey game, is about half to a quarter of a pay cheque for a lot of working class heroes that are True hockey fans.

I wouldn't qualify someone clearing $2 grand per pay as working class.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I wouldn't qualify someone clearing $2 grand per pay as working class.

Can’t speak for other fields, but I know most nurses are clearing that bi-weekly. Just your standard RNs as well, not nurse managers or NPs who would be making more. They’d be considered working class, no?

Last edited:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Can’t speak for other fields, but I know most nurses are clearing that bi-weekly. Just your standard RNs as well, not nurse managers or NPs who would be making more. They’d be considered working class, no?

Well there's no set definition of working class, but I wouldn't consider a nurse working class. In a lot of cases working class is referring to those with no post-secondary education working generally manual labour. The median income for someone aged 25-54 in Winnipeg is like $40k. To get $2k clear a pay you're probably looking at over $80k a year. Hardly working class imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad