Scrap the whiteout

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I agree. Also stop cheering. And get rid of the organ guy. It's hockey, not some spectacle. Vegas made the finals last year and would never pull crap like that.
ohforsuregordtext75.gif

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
There's nothing wrong with the Whiteout. It's something the whole city gets behind and looks awesome on TV when the arena is filled with everyone wearing white along with all those outside the building. It's something positive that the fans can rally around to show their support. Just because the team has lost the home games in this series doesn't mean we need to discard the tradition. It sets us apart from any other fanbase around the league.

:jets

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If the Whiteout is actually responsible for this team losing, then the players, coach, GM, and whole organization has far more problems between their ears than what happens on the ice.

Whiteout doesn’t forget that there are timeouts in the NHL

Whiteout doesn’t forget Schiefele can’t win a faceoff

Whiteout doesn’t forget that the Lowry line is the Jets best defensive line!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Either way it doesn't matter, but not just True North loves it but the NHL does too. In 2015 I was somewhat weirded out at the fact it was brought back, but thought whatever and went with it. But what I think I'm trying to say that True North will advertise the hell out of it no matter what so it's very likely it's going to be here... forever (insert Spongebob meme here).

I think if anything we could move to Blue only, or whatever the home jerseys are in the future. I love the Whiteout, but more people have home jerseys and it almost shows how much of a cash grab the Whiteout is because people don't want to pay for a jersey so they buy a white t-shirt or if they're willing to go the extra mile a white jersey. But maybe if for some reason or another the NHL makes all home jerseys White then bring it back.

The Polar Storm might be a good name for our new Whiteout.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Either way it doesn't matter, but not just True North loves it but the NHL does too. In 2015 I was somewhat weirded out at the fact it was brought back, but thought whatever and went with it. But what I think I'm trying to say that True North will advertise the hell out of it no matter what so it's very likely it's going to be here... forever (insert Spongebob meme here).

I think if anything we could move to Blue only, or whatever the home jerseys are in the future. I love the Whiteout, but more people have home jerseys and it almost shows how much of a cash grab the Whiteout is because people don't want to pay for a jersey so they buy a white t-shirt or if they're willing to go the extra mile a white jersey. But maybe if for some reason or another the NHL makes all home jerseys White then bring it back.

The Polar Storm might be a good name for our new Whiteout.

I like your post but the name suggestion Polar Storm is very insensitive as it will trigger bipolar people. We don’t want to offend and should make the term inclusive.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We did pretty well last year with the WHITEOUT - knocking off the Wild in 5 games and Nashville in 7. The whiteout is a tradition and fun thing for fans, and should be part of our identity. If people are blaming that for losing--it's a bad excuse.

Would you rather have a "Mustard Out" , and have those puky yellow shirts like Nashville has--no thanks. The Whiteout is fine with me.

The white out didn't cause us to give up 3 goals in the 3rd period -bad play, and execution did.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I've never really liked it going back to the 90s. It was copying Calgary for one thing. And they called it "Charge of the White Brigade" at first. History buffs will know that the Charge of the Light Brigade was a military disaster from the Crimean War which gave rise to Alfred Lord Tennyson''s poem. I wore blue to the last playoff game I attended and i'lI wear it to the next I attend as well.

JetBrett

May 18, 2018
A bunch of other teams have crowds wearing one colour who are going crazy for their home team and it doesn't seem to have hurt them.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I've never really liked it going back to the 90s. It was copying Calgary for one thing. And they called it "Charge of the White Brigade" at first. History buffs will know that the Charge of the Light Brigade was a military disaster from the Crimean War which gave rise to Alfred Lord Tennyson''s poem. I wore blue to the last playoff game I attended and i'lI wear it to the next I attend as well.

Cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad