Post-Game Talk: SCQ #2 - 8/3/20 | RANGERS @ hurricanes

3 Least Shit Performances

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think there's this memory that the Rangers were really on a roll when play stopped, and the truth is that even with better play, we were essentially a .500 team in our last 10 games, sitting 18th in the league standings, with a schedule that could've seen us drop to 21st or even 22nd.

Some of it could be prep. Some of it could also be this team just not having momentumn and being in one of their down stretches.
Yeah, this team could have come out and win this series decisively imo. Obviously it didn’t happen that way but if the top players came out decent and we had a full healthy lineup it would be entirely doable.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Plus the first time Gauthier got off the bench in the 3rd period was to skate to the box to serve ADA's penalty. I could see if we were protecting a lead, but Quinn has no excuse to staple him to the bench when he was one of the few guys who seemed to have some success breaking through Carolina's lockdown in the neutral zone.

He was hurt earlier in the game maybe he wasnt feeling so good.

Reactions: McSauer

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Not that it matters much now. But likely considering Another 4 month break incoming, I would like to see This lineup starting the game tonight (barring injuries). DQ can irrationally do his random line mixes a bit later in the game...

Kreider - Zib - Buch
Pan - Strome - Kakko
Lemmy - Chytil - Krav
Digi - Howden - Gauthier (If he can play - Otherwise Fogarty)

Smith - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Hajek - ADA

Czar
Georgia

No depth for a run here. Peter Worrell. where art thou? Have you perhaps kidnapped @RangerBoy and are holed up somewhere playing a marathon run of NHL-20 living off Papa Johns takeaway specials? I worry...

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We are all asking where our impact players are. It may be worth noting their previous postseason records:

Zibanejad
Seasons Active: 9 Postseasons: 4 Series Won: 2

Panarin
Seasons Active: 5 Postseasons: 5 Series Won: 1

DeAngelo
Seasons Active: 4 Postseasons: 1 Series Won: 0

Trouba
Seasons Active: 7 Postseasons: 4 Series Won: 2

Maybe our impact players aren't showing up in the postseason because they aren't impact players in the postseason.

DeAngelo never played in the play offs until this year.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Coming in peace...even thought it is still war and there are battle(s) ahead.

The rangers forum somehow turned rangers to be (for some even absolute) favourite of the series.

Just remember, canes dropped last the defending champion. Also swept the team that won tamba. I remember several other forums to talk how last year was only a lucky cinderella run for canes.

You ain't reach conference finals with pure luck. You are actually playing against very good team. For some reason our goaltending was doomed a horrible by many. That was clearly based on limited observations.

Series is far from end but if it will end like i hope, dont just look reason from rangers side. Losing canes nowadays doesnt mean that you have been bad. If you will still turn the series, it mean you have played very well.

Good luck but not too good.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He included this years playoffs for all of them even though they’re not over lol

I guess this is where the confusion starts :laugh:

upload_2020-8-4_10-45-21.png

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
if howden scores off the mckegg feed or zibanejad scores on his semi-breakaway completely different game. Mrazek is playing well but is/will be the hurricanes biggest weakness. Canes completely outplayed the rangers in the 2nd and 3rd but it still doesn't feel like it's over

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
DeAngelo never played in the play offs until this year.
Ok? He’s been active four seasons, this is his first postseason, and he’s won no series. Wheres the issue? His previous postseason record includes his seasons active where his teams did not appear in the postseason.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
You were talking about previous post-season records and then included the current post-season in those numbers.
His previous active seasons not appearing in the postseason count as previous post-season record. The point of the post is that our impact players lack playoff experience. Not appearing in the playoffs is a lack of playoff experience. If you're focused on finding an error, you might miss the point.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
His previous active seasons not appearing in the postseason count as previous post-season record. The point of the post is that our impact players lack playoff experience. Not appearing in the playoffs is a lack of playoff experience. If you're focused on finding an error, you might miss the point.

I get your point. Doesn't mean your post wasn't confusing. But hey, carry on

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You know exactly who could get the chance. But they won’t because they’re not “playing the right way” whatever the f*** that means. Or maybe his “heart rate isn’t high enough.”
No, tell me. Who is being prevented from playing in the spots that players like Buchnevich or Strome are holding down?
These youngsters get written off with absolutely no leash.
WHO?
Tell me how a team like Chicago is able to seamlessly integrate young players into their lineup? It’s because they’re not afraid of putting a Kubalik or a Dach on a Johnny Toews or Patrick Kane line. You have to give them runway to try and to fail and try again instead of saying right away that someone is not ready.
And yet the Rangers managed to ice the youngest team in the league somehow. If they were the youngest, then how did young players not get integrated?
How do you think we ended up with Kakko playing on the third line all year?
Because that is where his level of play showed where he belonged. AT BEST.
If Kakko has been the best player, why is he not getting a chance on the first power play in Stromes place ?
Because he has been not the best player. Not even remotely close.
People like to harp on Kakko, but he would have had at least 20 more points this year if pretty boy left him and let him grow on the power play. This man’s stubbornness will cause the downfall of potential players before they even got a chance.
Please explain what subborness? Or do you believe that stubbornness means not simply not handing out spots to players that you the fan wants to see more of for their own selfish reasons?
It doesn’t matter they’re still rebuilding. That’s an excuse if the young players are actually given a prominent role. So if they’re not being given a fair shot, and you decide you’re going to go with the fasts, do Giuseppes, Fogertys, etc, you better have the effort to show for it. But nope, we got one of the poorest excuses for effort in years from this hockey team. You can’t have your cake and eat it. Play the f***ing kids and get rid of the scrubs.
Aside from ranting virtually incoherently, do you have a list of players that should have been playing in 1) place of Buchnevich and Strome and 2) playing on the bottom 3 lines?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kravstov should def get a look today, but Quinn is as white bread and safe as they come so I'm sure it'll only be Lemuiex inserted into the lineup and we'll be forced to watch McKegg and Howden stink it up again

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
it absolutely blows my mind that so many people think that this is quinn's fault...did people actually think we were going to win this series or that carolina wasn't the better team?
Did you really expect any different? The one particular troll was dead silent when the Rangers were winning in February and March. Then not a word for the the last 5 months. Then at first opportunity, here he comes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad