3 Least Shit Performances

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
So who gets the blame in the end?
The coach, GM or the players?
To be honest, I don't think anybody can walk away from this and not take the blame. What bothers me is the lack of accountability among the players to fold their tent instead of matching the intensity that Carolina is bringing to the table. I don't care if we win or lose to be honest, I think it's way to early for PO hockey in NY. But since we are there, we need to step it up and show something in the topic of character.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I’m conspiracy minded too so I always question my intuition, but that’s what this feels like to me as well. Hank may have lobbied hard for his last hurrah, and having Shesterkin back him up would just look too bad.

Not sure if people have been discussing this, but coronavirus may be playing a significant role. Hank’s desire to stick around may not be what it was five months ago. NYC, mad really America as a whole, probably not looking all that appealing to someone who is completely set for life. It will not shock me at all if we find out the team came to an agreement of some sort with him.
I kind of feel this way too. Saves face for the team and gives Lundqvist one last "hurrah". Bet you he starts tomorrow too.

Reactions: McSauer

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Basically

Its cause everyone talked themselves into believing the Rangers were better than they were the last few weeks of the season and then hyped themselves up for the return of sports into making this series mean more than it did.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I feel like this describes Fast, not Howden.

Howden isn't "he could stand to play less" bad. Howden is "seeing him on my tv makes me wanna hurt the tv" bad.

Well Fast is liked. And Fast isn’t a kid. Howden sucks, but he’s played constantly for some reason, as if Quinn knew his mom once upon a time, roughly 22 years ago. If Howden played Gauthier minutes he’d just be some meh kid. He’s hated because he’s used like he’s 30 year old Dom Moore or Brian Boyle. That’s not his fault. Not saying it would make him better. Just saying, the reason for hate is the minutes. If he played 6 minutes he’d just be a ho-hum footnote.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Julien Gauthier was drafted #21 overall in 2016. Brett Howden was drafted #27 overall in 2016.

One averages 14:01 per game so far in their NHL career, the other averages 8:17.

So far in the playoffs, one averages 14:30 and one averages 8:15.

Aside from having the edge in experience (all of which has been GIVEN to him since being acquired by NYR), there is really no reason for this kind of discrepancy. Howden has been gifted minutes by Quinn and he really won’t reduce Howden’s minutes, nor give anyone else minutes, regardless of their pedigree.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Its cause everyone talked themselves into believing the Rangers were better than they were the last few weeks of the season and then hyped themselves up for the return of sports into making this series mean more than it did.
Bullshit. Its not about losing to a better team. Its about the pathetic effort they put forward. By far the worst of all 24 teams in the bubble. You don't think the Rangers are as good or better than teams like Montreal or Chicago?

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Remember when this was just going to be some experience? A bonus when they weren't going to be in the playoffs? No one really expected them to go far. I thought they could beat Carolina based on the regular season, but either way, a learning experience.

Wait. You guys REALLY thought they were going somewhere in this tournament? I mean, the anger, the angst, the hyperbole.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Remember when this was just going to be some experience? A bonus when they weren't going to be in the playoffs? No one really expected them to go far. I thought they could beat Carolina based on the regular season, but either way, a learning experience.

Wait. You guys REALLY thought they were going somewhere in this tournament? I mean, the anger, the angst, the hyperbole.

The anger in here is crazy, I’m as frustrated as anyone else but we need to remember where we are. With the analysis and comments going on in we’re you’d think we really were a true cup contender but Lundqvist alone is tanking us.

The blaming it almost fully on him is bad enough but the conspiracy shit is just flat out ridiculous.

Not to mention the idea that if Igor plays we’re a cup contender is ridiculous. We’re just not there as a team yet. I believe in him as much as anyone else and think he’s an elite goalie and will carry us going forward but I’m sorry the team needs to show up too. And the idea that bc Igor has barely lost any games in the last 100 he’s played total or whatever means he’s not going to lose going forward, think about that for a second. Do we really all think he’s going to have a W-L ratio like that for his NHL career? Bc if he does he’s literally going to have like a 750-75-5 record and win 10 straight cups.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
The anger in here is crazy, I’m as frustrated as anyone else but we need to remember where we are. With the analysis and comments going on in we’re you’d think we really were a true cup contender but Lundqvist alone is tanking us.

The blaming it al almost fully on him is bad enough but the conspiracy shit is just flat out ridiculous.
That fun run during the season really inflated a lot of sense of what this team is for a lot of people

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That fun run during the season really inflated a lot of sense of what this team is for a lot of people
Yeah that’s for sure. Plus some of us need to remember that hot streak in a season is a lot different than the playoffs. The same opponent best of 7 (or 5 in this case) is a lot different than a run of games vs different opponents with a myriad of variables (injuries, schedules, quality of opponents, lineups faced etc).

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don't think anyone would care if we couldnt win this round if Panarin, Zibanajad, Kreider(especially after reupping), Strome, DeAngelo and Fox played like they should be. It's one thing to not have the horses but when your only positives are a 20 year old kid and Buchnevich on a team with the league leader in goals per game and the hart trophy nominee on it it's not fun.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don't think Quinn has been particularly good in this series. The question is whether this is part of his learning curve.
Was thinking this too. I am just hoping everyone grows from this experience.
Also, it’s a bit hard to blame the coach too much in this situation. It’s possibly just part of the evolution process.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don't think anyone would care if we couldnt win this round if Panarin, Zibanajad, Kreider(especially after reupping), Strome, DeAngelo and Fox played like they should be. It's one thing to not have the horses but when your only positives are a 20 year old kid and Buchnevich on a team with the league leader in goals per game and the hart trophy nominee on it it's not fun.

To me, it’s a question of preparation, which is more organizational than anything. Almost every single team seems to have come out with their guys looking ready. Win or lose, their big names are playing like their big names. For me, guys like DeAngelo and Fox maybe struggling a bit, with Fox being a pure rookie and ADA apparently nursing some sort of minor injury is whatever, given their experience level but total no shows from Kreider, Zib, Bread to me indicates a cultural or coaching problem in how we prepared.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
People questioning starting Hank most have a short memory forgetting his numbers vs the Canes this season and his career.

If you are solely relying on your goalie to bail you out for your transition game then this team isnt going anywhere. They are failing as 5 man units.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
it absolutely blows my mind that so many people think that this is quinn's fault...did people actually think we were going to win this series or that carolina wasn't the better team?

going into this series most felt that carolina was the better & deeper team but we had a shot because our goaltending and top 6 was superior. well the hank has let in some softies and the top 6 has been complete no shows and thats on the coach?

is the coaching perfect? of course not but we are getting completely dominated by a better team, their best players are dominating, we are a top heavy team and none of our top players have shown up and the take away is we could have won if quinn play gauthier more? seriously?

i think if you want to make any changes based on these 2 games it should be to cancel any work orders to have a C sewn on anyone in this lockerroom's jersey.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I think ultimately the fault is Quinn's. The Rangers are pretty clearly the worst prepared team of the 24 out there, and that falls on him. Arguably Henrik shouldn't even be out there, given that he was the 3rd best goalie on the team all season. But again, that falls on Quinn as well.

even the Dynasty Isles and Oilers failed in the playoffs with so many young players and those teams, more talented than these Rangers, never had almost a 4 month break between games.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
To me, it’s a question of preparation, which is more organizational than anything. Almost every single team seems to have come out with their guys looking ready. Win or lose, their big names are playing like their big names. For me, guys like DeAngelo and Fox maybe struggling a bit, with Fox being a pure rookie and ADA apparently nursing some sort of minor injury is whatever, given their experience level but total no shows from Kreider, Zib, Bread to me indicates a cultural or coaching problem in how we prepared.

Or maybe they didnt stay in shape over the summer, to me it looks more like that, none of our top guys have the speed they usually play with, and I'd say the fact we swept Carolina in the season meant they made sure they came in shape.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We lost this series the minute we found out Shesterkin wasn’t going to play. Like I’ve said we weren’t a playoff team until he came up and we aren’t now without him. Elite goaltending is a must and we don’t have it without him

Reactions: McSauer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad