GDT: [SCP R1 GM5] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames - 8:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't know why this comes to my head every time we lose in the playoffs, but if Jim Nill wasn't useless and got us a half decent goalie in 2016 we might be Champions over the last decade.

Reactions: DieselPig

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Blame Gaglardi. He wanted two or three playoff home games more than he wanted future assets.
Well he needs to sell the team then. Since he got his money do us fans a favor and get rid of Nill and some of these ugly contracts.

Where do you play hockey here in the Austin area; Ice or rollerblades?
I play ice at The Pond right off Burnet.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don't know why this comes to my head every time we lose in the playoffs, but if Jim Nill wasn't useless and got us a half decent goalie in 2016 we might be Champions over the last decade.
Or you know, ever addressed the lack of secondary scoring at any point since

Reactions: Henderson33

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Let’s be honest. We know Benn and Seguin are going to be shit. But Hintz has been awful. Miro is not playing like he is paid to play like either. No defender is stepping up offensively. The coach’s are the dumbest in the history of the game. How they have not fixed this PP is mind blowing. How they can come out in the 3rd with no effort. This dump and don’t chase crap has to end yet they do it all game. It’s as if they are more concerned about getting off the ice instead of having the puck.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
It’s painful to watch other teams do what Dallas needs to do. With 3 minutes to go Johnny hockey circles back with the puck and maintains possession and they go back in to attack. Every star player would have dumped the puck in and ran to the bench giving the puck back over. These are professionals. They all can’t be that dumb to listen to this coach who is clearly more concerned about time on ice management than puck management.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Let’s be honest. We know Benn and Seguin are going to be shit. But Hintz has been awful. Miro is not playing like he is paid to play like either. No defender is stepping up offensively. The coach’s are the dumbest in the history of the game. How they have not fixed this PP is mind blowing. How they can come out in the 3rd with no effort. This dump and don’t chase crap has to end yet they do it all game. It’s as if they are more concerned about getting off the ice instead of having the puck.

That seems to be their game plan, so long as Calgary isn't in the middle of the ice in our defensive zone we are winning. So, if Calgary cycles they are happy and don't want to break it up. If we flip the puck out of the zone and give it right back to them we are happy. If you dump the puck in and don't chase it we are happy.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I really really hope our next coach isn't afraid of benching or scratching veterans.

Also I know it's a longshot and never gonna happen, but sure would be nice to see Harley get some playoff experience here before ya know...

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I really really hope our next coach isn't afraid of benching or scratching veterans.

Also I know it's a longshot and never gonna happen, but sure would be nice to see Harley get some playoff experience here before ya know...
He will probably put Sekera in and put Radulov back in.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Well he needs to sell the team then. Since he got his money do us fans a favor and get rid of Nill and some of these ugly contracts.

I play ice at The Pond right off Burnet.
Definitely looking into it. Had just got back to skating on ice with a new pair of skates before the pandemic shut everything down.

When are open days to go out skating with a stick?

Reactions: starsfan86

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This is really hard to listen to lmao. Bowness says Calgary elevated their game in the 3rd and that's why they won (no shit they're down 1-0 in a massive game - basically saying they wanted it more), and it appears his gameplan was 100% to win the game 1-0 because they did it before and knew they could.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
This is really hard to listen to lmao. Bowness says Calgary elevated their game in the 3rd and that's why they won (no shit they're down 1-0 in a massive game - basically saying they wanted it more), and it appears his gameplan was 100% to win the game 1-0 because they did it before and knew they could.

COINFLIP HOCKEY BABY

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
People need to start boo'ing Bowness in the lineup introductions.

Game 3 was a lot of cheers. Game 4 less cheers. Time for the boo birds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad