GDT: [SCP R1 GM2] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames - 9:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Here's the shift chart for the curious: ShiftChart - Hockey Shift Data Visualization

I had a tough time parsing it though. Seems like neither coach was matching or Sutter was exploring different matchups and never found one he liked.
I was watching on Sportsnet and at the beginning of the game they talked about how Sutter has said that he doesn't match lines. He is confident in any of his lines playing against the top lines of other teams.

Reactions: hairylikebear

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That is a bit hard to follow, but I appreciate the effort. It passes my eye test that a variety of players were out there against their top line. Maybe that is a good thing because we did shut them down.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I was watching on Sportsnet and at the beginning of the game they talked about how Sutter has said that he doesn't match lines. He is confident in any of his lines playing against the top lines of other teams.
I wonder if he'll change his mind after his 4th line cost him the game by losing coverage on Pavelski.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I think whatever yields only one goal allowed in 120 minutes of play (not counting the empty netter) is working pretty well. He might be more concerned with also only putting up 1 goal in the same amount of minutes, or maybe he also thinks offense just takes care of itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad