GDT: [SCP R1 GM2] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames - 9:00 PM CT (BSSW)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He lost twice at 2-1, and let in 4 in game 7 when they broke down, and 5 in OT in game 1. Hardly crapping the bed.

But please continue your high level commentary on all things Stars without bothering to check ......
Edit-deleted. Just not worth getting into this discussion with you of all people

Last edited:

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Without Oettinger standing on his head, we were toast last night
I hope he keeps doing it and maybe we can get a bit of a boost playing at home

it just makes me wonder how another set of systems and some better coach decision-making would empower some of our cooked?/stifled? players
it makes me glad to see oettinger have success but its hard to watch him get hammered repeatedly through the game

takahchuk taco truck toe ketchup

Last edited:

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Without Oettinger standing on his head, we were toast last night
I hope he keeps doing it and maybe we can get a bit of a boost playing at home

it just makes me wonder how another set of systems and some better coach decision-making would empower some of our cooked?/stifled? players
it makes me glad to see oettinger have success but its hard to watch him get hammered repeatedly through the game
Otter was great but the team did a good job of forcing the flames to shoot from the outside and allowing Otter to see the shots.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
two games in and this is reminding me of the Vancouver series in 06-07

Turco stats in a series loss in game 7
Capture.JPG

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
two games in and this is reminding me of the Vancouver series in 06-07

Turco stats in a series loss in game 7View attachment 541580
I already mentioned this, and 5 of 7 games with 2 goals or less against (one in OT), 3 shutouts, two games where he let in 4 goals - game 1 that they lost in OT and game 7, which they lost 4-1, but I haven't gone back to see how many of those Van goals were empty netters. Basically, other than JSG winning the Conn Smyth from the losing team (Ducks) it was (I think) regarded as one of the best goalie runs in the era.

One response was that Turco crapped the bed in the games he didn't win. The poster didn't like me pointing out his selective......ah.....won't go there. As I have mentioned before, I think this board tends to overly crap on almost everyone and everything related to the Stars. One turnover and Seguin has the worst contract in the NHL, in general, nearly every player has been called "trash," sometimes after one bad play, etc.

I get it, we're fans and tend to be a bit overly emotional, especially on playoff game day threads where we live and die by each shift. It's not like the other guys aren't just as good and want to win just as much, so yes, there are times when they dominate the Stars.

I thought they looked pretty good last night. Sometimes I just get the feeling they are going to lose, sometimes, despite tight games, it looks like they can hang on to the one goal lead. While the first game definitely looked like CAL should win, last night seemed like the Stars "should" without any bad breaks, hold on to win a game played to their strengths.

Holding their top line to one PP goal in two games is pretty good for a "crap" team like ours.

Seriously, did anyone chart which line was playing against their big line? It didn't seem to be Faksa, at least all the time, and CAL had last change, so they may have tried to get their line out against others.

Reactions: bilah

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I already mentioned this, and 5 of 7 games with 2 goals or less against (one in OT), 3 shutouts, two games where he let in 4 goals - game 1 that they lost in OT and game 7, which they lost 4-1, but I haven't gone back to see how many of those Van goals were empty netters. Basically, other than JSG winning the Conn Smyth from the losing team (Ducks) it was (I think) regarded as one of the best goalie runs in the era.

One response was that Turco crapped the bed in the games he didn't win. The poster didn't like me pointing out his selective......ah.....won't go there. As I have mentioned before, I think this board tends to overly crap on almost everyone and everything related to the Stars. One turnover and Seguin has the worst contract in the NHL, in general, nearly every player has been called "trash," sometimes after one bad play, etc.

I get it, we're fans and tend to be a bit overly emotional, especially on playoff game day threads where we live and die by each shift. It's not like the other guys aren't just as good and want to win just as much, so yes, there are times when they dominate the Stars.

I thought they looked pretty good last night. Sometimes I just get the feeling they are going to lose, sometimes, despite tight games, it looks like they can hang on to the one goal lead. While the first game definitely looked like CAL should win, last night seemed like the Stars "should" without any bad breaks, hold on to win a game played to their strengths.

Holding their top line to one PP goal in two games is pretty good for a "crap" team like ours.

Seriously, did anyone chart which line was playing against their big line? It didn't seem to be Faksa, at least all the time, and CAL had last change, so they may have tried to get their line out against others.
Raffl-Benn-Guri seemed to be out against their top line more than any other line at even strength.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad