GDT: [SCP R1 GM2] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames - 9:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

2022 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS
ROUND 1 – GAME 2 – 5/3/2022 – 9:00 PM CT – BSSW
Scotiabank Saddledome

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Calgary Flames
0-1 ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 1-0

UPCOMING PLAYOFF GAMES

DATE
TIME (CT)
#1 Calgary vs. #WC1 Dallas
Networks
Thursday, May 5​
9 pm​
Dallas at Calgary​
BSSW​
Saturday, May 7​
8:30 pm​
Calgary at Dallas​
BSSW​
Monday, May 9​
8:30 pm​
Calgary at Dallas​
BSSW​
*Wednesday, May 11
TBD
Dallas at Calgary
TBD
*Friday, May 13
TBD
Calgary at Dallas
TBD
*Sunday, May 15
TBD
Dallas at Calgary
TBD

MATCHUP HISTORY

2020-08-11 - Flames 3 - 2 Stars
2020-08-13 - Flames 4 - 5 Stars
2020-08-14 - Stars 0 - 2 Flames
2020-08-16 - Stars 5 - 4 Flames
2020-08-18 - Flames 1 - 2 Stars
2020-08-20 - Stars 7 - 3 Flames

PLAYOFF STATS

nsAMteG.jpg
e9df8fW.jpg

vsV97aH.png

:stars

HF stars GDT roster.png

GVlFiFk.png

350dNtm.png

:flames

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Backlund - Toffoli
Dube - Jarnkrok - Coleman
Lucic - Lewis - Ritchie

Hanifin - Andersson
Kylington - Tanev
Zadorov - Gudbranson

Markstrom

iug5VMR.png

Last edited:

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
interesting.. in that interview bownes said twice in the first 30 seconds that the players need to hang on the the puck longer. doesn't sound like the dump and chase instructions were top down. (or he's just throwing the players under the bus)

• Haha
Reactions: DieselPig

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
interesting.. in that interview bownes said twice in the first 30 seconds that the players need to hang on the the puck longer. doesn't sound like the dump and chase instructions were top down. (or he's just throwing the players under the bus)
He is probably throwing them under the bus. That’s a Bowness move. I do hate how they dump the puck in and than all change. You watch the puck possession teams and instead of dumping it in the player will circle back get the change in and hand off the puck which keeps possession. Dallas just gives up the puck way too much.

I am curious to see what changes are made. That PP better look different. At this point I will accept any change. Not sure why namestnikov and kiviranta don’t get looks on the PP. Radulov has to sit out the PP. Miro needs to go on the top unit with klingberg. Load up one unit. Stop spreading the talent. That just leads to 2 units that don’t score.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
you'd think theyd wanna bring in Studenic for at least a little more speed

Also funny that Hanley is still playing over Harley lol. Im fully expecting a repeat of game 1, likely with similar shot totals too. Think Bowness is planning for it as well, he clearly liked the way they played in game 1.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Not sure how you can watch that last game and think that no line-up changes are necessary...

I'm assuming the plan is to put Harley in at home where he can be more easily sheltered. I'm gonna be pissed if he doesn't get any experience out of these playoffs.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I think this will be a different game. Stars will come out with more urgency. Benn will show up tonight. Robertson will score. This will be a little more high scoring game than game 1. I think Dallas will take a 4-3 win back to Dallas to follow it up by losing game 3.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease

He is probably throwing them under the bus. That’s a Bowness move. I do hate how they dump the puck in and than all change. You watch the puck possession teams and instead of dumping it in the player will circle back get the change in and hand off the puck which keeps possession. Dallas just gives up the puck way too much.

I don't believe him.

JWB

I'd be more inclined to believe this is Bowness just doing his usual "say whatever nonsense to the media" routine if not for the fact that Monty said the exact same thing. He desperately wanted the players to carry the puck in more, but they just wouldn't do it. :dunno:

It's too late to fix it now, but that's something the next coach will have to drill over and over throughout the season if he hopes to break the habit.

Reactions: eartotheground

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I'd be more inclined to believe this is Bowness just doing his usual "say whatever nonsense to the media" routine if not for the fact that Monty said the exact same thing. He desperately wanted the players to carry the puck in more, but they just wouldn't do it. :dunno:

It's too late to fix it now, but that's something the next coach will have to drill over and over throughout the season if he hopes to break the habit.
I always imagine that Bones tells them to carry the puck in more but then adds a bunch of criteria that the situation has to meet for them to do so.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
That might honestly just be him trying to learn from his mistakes. They were probably too used to their old habits in game one and he regrets not emphasizing that to his players. He probably didn't recognize it until after game 1 anyway.

It's also important to consider that he could be giving meaningless coachspeak for the media. It's not like it would make sense to reveal any real tactical ideas.

Reactions: eartotheground

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
That might honestly just be him trying to learn from his mistakes. They were probably too used to their old habits in game one and he regrets not emphasizing that to his players. He probably didn't recognize it until after game 1 anyway.

It's also important to consider that he could be giving meaningless coachspeak for the media. It's not like it would make sense to reveal any real tactical ideas.
Interesting to assume Bowness has tactical ideas :sarcasm::laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hairylikebear

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It sucks when I don't even really look forward to watching a Stars playoff game.. sigh.

Its hard to get excited when no one on this team does anything. No hits, no energy, no emotion. Flat as a f***ing wall. I thought players got amp'd up for the playoffs, but Dallas (outside of like 2-3 guys) played like it was Thursday night November 28th in Anaheim.

They hung on for dear life, then sat back and stablized and created nothing for 60 minutes. Even if the offense isn't popping and you aren't generating many scoring chances, you could at least put in some effort in other parts of the ice?

It's the playoffs, when the puck is under Johnny Gaudreau you go f***ing digging for it, scrum, play, don't just stand there in a circle and f***ing stare at him. Very aggravating to watch.

Reactions: DieselPig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad