GDT: [SCP R1 GM1] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames - 9:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well, kinda went about as expected.

You could probably count the legitimate scoring chances for Dallas on one hand

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Completely outclassed in the first period.

Better defending and possession the 2nd and 3rd periods, but generated almost no scoring chances of note. Markstrom didn't have to make any difficult saves.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
What a pathetic performance. Wouldn’t be surprised we get shutout a couple more times this year. Not even enjoyable to watch. If this is the system we play next year I might have to tune out until Bones is gone.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pretty good game

Can’t win them all. Clearly some nerves from Robertson, and Calgary shut down the rest pretty well. Markstrom did get tested several times and played very well.

Gotta be happy with the defensive effort. Gonna need more energy and a much faster start in the next few games though. Calgary took the momentum fast and never really let it go for too long.

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
Conaidering how overplayed we were, the score is favourable.

Heiskanen played almost 30 minutes, but yay, he looks average to me. He can be much better than he showed tonight.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Guri was better than Radulov, by far.
I disagree completely. Radulov was hard on the forecheck and won a lot of battles in the offensive zone. Gurianov looked like Benn floating around and dumping the puck in every time he touched it.
Post automatically merged:

Lol

Reactions: Johno and DieselPig

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I disagree completely. Radulov was hard on the forecheck and won a lot of battles in the offensive zone. Gurianov looked like Benn floating around and dumping the puck in every time he touched it.

Lol

Guri had the 4th highest xG on the team, Radulov was 1 above "all others," then descended into "all others."

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Lol

I actually thought Gurianov had a decent game. Created that Suter chance, was strong in his own end.

Dumping the puck in is a team thing. It's what they're told to do, and its especially told to him I'd imagine cause they're afraid he will turn it over.

I thought most of the depth guys were okay tonight. I don't expect anything from them, we know they aren't great. Benn, Seguin, and the top line were all really bad. I thought Radulov was noticeable. Didn't look as bad as regular season Radulov

The good thing is the top line seemed to calm down towards the end (Robertson in particular seemed nervous to start) and started making plays. Could be cause the Flames started sitting back a bit but idk. They'll settle in. Every game will have to be tight and low scoring if the Stars are gonna win any. Could see the Flames getting a blowout win at some point, maybe next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad