25. Austin Watson
26. John Merrill
27. Guillaume Asselin
28. Maxime Clermont
29. Martin Marincin
30. Nino Niederriter

I did this from memory i bet i missed someone LOL

No Tyler Toffoli?

I also thing Mark Psysk is potentially a top 10 pick, I would definately take him over Connoly, who I am high on, but think he belongs in the 15-20 range.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
No Tyler Toffoli?

I also thing Mark Psysk is potentially a top 10 pick, I would definately take him over Connoly, who I am high on, but think he belongs in the 15-20 range.

i think,toffoli is a very early 2nd round pick late 1st round...bit imo i think more early 2nd so far.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
My Top 30 for this draft:

Few thoughts:

- I admit that I know next to nothing about goalies, but I'm surprised that you don't have Jack Campbell in your top30. Is there something that I'm not seeing?

- I think that Tarasenko should be ranked in the top-10, I would also place him above Granlund and Pulkkinen.

- Viktor Öhman didn't make the Sweden's U18WJC team and played 3 games with the U17 team against Finland, result: 3gp 0g+3a=3p. Not the kind of numbers that top prospects usually post against players of their own age. IMO Öhman still has a lot to prove in the international level, so 13 might be a bit too high for him at this point.

- Tom Kühnhackl didn't play that well at the U18WJC's, so I think that he's ranked way too high. I would also place Nino Niederreiter above him at the moment.

Anyways, thanks for the list.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
My Top 30 for this draft:

1. Taylor Hall
2. Kirill Kabanov
3. Brandon Gormley
4. Cam Fowler
5. Mikael Granlund
6. Teemu Pulkkinen
7. Evgeny Kuznetsov
8. John McFarland
9. Stanislav Galiev
10. Erik Gudbranson
11. Tom Kuhnhackl
12. Brett Connolly
13. Viktor Ohman
14. Johan Gustafsson
15. Mark Pysyk
16. Ryan Martindale
17. Vladimir Tarasenko
18. Joey Hishon
19. Jordan Weal
20. Sergei Barbashev
21. Tyler Seguin
22. Ben Duffy
23. Stephen Silas
24. Jared Knight
25. Austin Watson
26. John Merrill
27. Guillaume Asselin
28. Maxime Clermont
29. Martin Marincin
30. Nino Niederriter

I did this from memory i bet i missed someone LOL

Yes, I think you missed Adam Pettersson. He needs to be more consistent and fill out. But other than that the boy has no weaknesses. He actually reminds me a lot of Zetterberg. He can check, pass, score and skate with the best of them.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Yes, I think you missed Adam Pettersson. He needs to be more consistent and fill out. But other than that the boy has no weaknesses. He actually reminds me a lot of Zetterberg. He can check, pass, score and skate with the best of them.

OH right i did forget him...im correcting that now LOL

IronMike

Mar 22, 2008
Russian Top Ten 2010:

1. Kirill Kabanov
2. Vladimir Tarasenko
3. Evgeny Kuznetsov
4. Stanislav Galiev
5. Maxim Kitsyn
6. Sergei Barbashev
7. Alexander Burmistrov
8. Vitaly Zotov
9. Alexander Gogolev
10. Daniil Apalkov

Also notice:

Sergei Ilminsky
Roman Berdnikov
Evgeny Grigorenko

pouskin74*

I'm surprised you have Granlund ranked so high. The kid is tiny and reminds me an awful lot of Rajala. I don't quite understand why Rajala is a 2nd round pick (at best) in 2009 but Granlund will be a top 5 pick in 2010. Seems to me that everything that went against Rajala in '09 should also go against Granlund in '10.

At least Pulkkinen, the other highly-touted Finn, has the height advantage. If he can fill-out (which I am sure he will a bit), I can see him going in the top 10, maybe even top 5.

i think Rajala should be at least top 15 on this year draft.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It seems Pulkkinen did have surgery on his knee after the U-18 WJC. Helsinki Jokerit introduced their team for next season yesterday evening and Pulkkinen was seen hobbling around in crutches. He apparently said that he might not be ready to play at the season's start in September. Makes you wonder what he could have done at the WJC if he had been fit...

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
it is not about size with Rajala, it is his willingness to play in traffic, his strength and his ability to play in his own zone...on that hand i think you will see Rajala go in the first round though...but that is the difference with the two..Granlund is well rounded, strong, leader, goes to the net and fights along the boards.

You're 100% correct. I saw four or five Finland games at the WJC and Rajala shied away from traffic and the corners....this was even more pronounced when Finland played stronger teams like Sweden and Russia. Granlund, on the other hand, is fearless.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You're 100% correct. I saw four or five Finland games at the WJC and Rajala shied away from traffic and the corners....this was even more pronounced when Finland played stronger teams like Sweden and Russia. Granlund, on the other hand, is fearless.

Are you talking about the U-20 or U-18 WJC? Because Finland didn't play Swden at the U-18. And like Kyle Woodlief said (and scouts have noted), Rajala has improved on that aspect of his game, he didn't shy away from traffic and corners at the U-18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad