Scouting report on top 10 for 2010 draft

PinchedNerve

From http://www.grossmisconduct.ca:

Taylor Hall - Forward, Windsor Spitfires - Amazing on ice speed and agility...

Kirill Kabanov - Forward - Russia - An amazing talent, one of the best talents from Russia since Malkin and Ovechkin...

Brandon Gormley - Defense - Moncton Wildcats - This two way defender is able to play very good defense where he uses gap control...

Cam Fowler - Defense - USA NTDP - Maybe the best skating d-man in the draft, he is super fast and explosive on the ice...

Mikael Granlund - Forward - Karpat - He is the best all around forward Finland has produced in some time, and people liken him to a healthy Saku Koviu...

Teemu Pulkinnen - Forward - Jokerit - your typical Euro Forward, he needs to work on his strength a lot but his offensive skills leave a lot of players in awe...

John McFarland - Forward, Sudbury Wolves - An amazing skater, he is a incredibly fast with great agility and acceleration...

Evgeny Kuznetsov - Forward - Russia - very exciting and electric, he is the typical russian forward, but with a VERY high skill level...

Mark Pysyk - Defense - Edmonton Oil Kings - One of the premier d-men for his age; this guy can do it all on the ice and he is the smoothest d-man around...

Tom Kuhnhackl - Forward - Germany - Excellent size and raw skills, the future looks bright for this German player...

Last edited by a moderator:

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Looks like it's going to be a very good draft, at least in terms of top end talent. Another name that isn't on that list, but is on others, is Erik Gudbransson.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
For those who have seen them play, who is better defensively: Gormley or Fowler?

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Terrific write-ups... in depth and tells us a lot about players, besides some numbers and the typical chatter. No cons listed, which hurts a little, but always great to see some in-depth reporting. Thanks for posting.

Jonathan Toews

May 23, 2008
wait hold up am i reading this right, a germany top 10 player woah no offence to germany but i thought i wouldent see that in a long time

NHL33*

Terrific write-ups... in depth and tells us a lot about players, besides some numbers and the typical chatter. No cons listed, which hurts a little, but always great to see some in-depth reporting. Thanks for posting.

Yeah. I have no way of telling it's accuracy, but great read. I really, really wish it had delved more into the players' weakness beyond a few allusions.

Lutzinho

May 25, 2008
Germany/Freiburg
wait hold up am i reading this right, a germany top 10 player woah no offence to germany but i thought i wouldent see that in a long time

just watch for tobias rieder in '11. he is also a great german prospect. and has better stats than künhackl had at the same age. but still rieder has to prove that he can play against man.
and for künhhackl, i played against him a few times and i have to say he really deserves to be up there.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Mikael Granlund - Forward - Tampara

Say what? :laugh:

For the Finns I'd say that's a fairly accurate description, though I'm not so soure about Pulkkinen's lack of strength. He's fairly well sized (around 178-180cm and 78-80 kg) and might still grow some height. He didn't look so "weak" in the games I saw at the U-18 WJC.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
They're will be a change in that list early next year...You can add Jared Knight's name in there.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Huh? Aren't there usually ten kids in the first ten slots?
I need to place a tongue-in-cheek smiley here. I think it's funny how posters say things like, "Wow, there are some great prospects for (name absolutely any year here)". Yup! Some of these great prospects are so good they might even go top five in the draft! That's how good they are! OK- Enough tongue-in-cheekness. Please continue.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Tom Kuhnhackl sounds he would be a great fit playing in Berlin....errrrr Kitchener for a cpl years!

Nice breakdown of the various players and yes I believe Gudbranson will be in the top 10!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I have to think Fowler will challenge Hall for 1st overall. He should have a tremendous OHL season and be a standout on the U.S. WJC team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->