Scott suspended two games

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
So those fights that happen after guys step out of the penalty box aren't the same thing?

Whatever. It's pointless to try and use logic with the NHL.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Apparently not...

He had Jackman pissing until he had to drop his gloves, then Scott punched him to the ice.

He did his job. He clocked a guy who took liberties with a skill player. A 2 game suspension is meaningless.

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Two games sounds about right. I don't completely agree but whatever, those Ducks fans wont be crying as much now that a suspension happened.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Well its a brand new era in the NHL. If you couldn't tell from that game, fighting is being phased out. As Scott said "those who know hockey know there is a place for fighting" well that was only true because it was allowed to have a place and that time has passed. In my opinion its about time. This of course makes acquiring Scott even more foolish.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
The best part about this is during the phone interview Scott basically said....Yea I did it...**** that guy.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Krieder did the EXACT same thing against Columbus and got nothing. Suspension is a joke.

Scott HAS been "good" for us this year. I like having him. (so far)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Krieder did the EXACT same thing against Columbus and got nothing. Suspension is a joke.

The Sharks haven't gotten the benefit of anything marginal since Wilson publically complained about Torres suspension on the Stoll hit.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Not like it really matters. Chances are they were going to bench Scott for these two games anyway. I think he may have gotten in for the Avs for Cody McLeod but Desi can take care of him if he gets out of line.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011

The reality is Scott would have been suspened in any other sport. It was a joke that in the past Scott wouldn't have been suspended for what he did. Utterly ridicoulous and indefensible.

Well I can forsee a status quo where the NHL will not allow him to do much of anything. Those days are gone. Self policing is being replaced by actual policing.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The reality is Scott would have been suspened in any other sport. It was a joke that in the past Scott wouldn't have been suspended for what he did. Utterly ridicoulous and indefensible.

Well I can forsee a status quo where the NHL will not allow him to do much of anything. Those days are gone. Self policing is being replaced by actual policing.

Utterly ridiculous is a guy punching a non-fighter 4-5 times when he hasn't even dropped his stick and the offender not having to pay the price.

I would have been pissed if Scott didn't pound that tool. If the refs actually policed the game properly, they would have given Jackman a 10-min misconduct since there was a shade under 10 minutes left when he started punching Vlasic.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Utterly ridiculous is a guy punching a non-fighter 4-5 times when he hasn't even dropped his stick and the offender not having to pay the price.

I would have been pissed if Scott didn't pound that tool. If the refs actually policed the game properly, they would have given Jackman a 10-min misconduct since there was a shade under 10 minutes left when he started punching Vlasic.

He was given a double minor/4 minute penalty for that which lead to a goal. The refs didn't allow the Ducks to effectively muddy the waters and kept them offbalanced throughout all of the game.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He was given a double minor/4 minute penalty for that which lead to a goal. The refs didn't allow the Ducks to effectively muddy the waters and kept them offbalanced throughout all of the game.

The price in this context is not a penalty. The price in this context is something physical to pay him back for what he's doing to his teammate. I'm not a fan of guys like Scott and believe his use is becoming closer to extinct than people care to admit but the idea of his purpose has merit but it needs to be incorporated within the group of guys that can actually play the game of hockey.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
KKurzCSN 11:36am via TweetDeck
John Scott on Tim Jackman: "I think it’s kind of gutless to go after a guy like [Vlasic] when you’re a tough guy.” #SJSharks

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

The Sharks scoring put the game further out of hand and upset the Ducks even further.

Scott is here to deter cheapshots on star players. The look of fear in Jackman's eyes as Scott skated towards him and the punch to the mouth he took will make him think twice about going at players like Vlasic again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad