Scott suspended two games

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
sharks should pay him a bonus for the games missed. i have no issue with the 'play'.

I like what he has done so far honestly, but this is still addition by subtraction.

Last edited:

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
All Scott had to do was skate toward the puck before going after Jackman and he wouldn't have gotten suspended.

That's true, but honestly I felt like the Ducks players did the exact same thing multiple times in that game, they just decided to attack someone mid-shift instead of while they were on the bench. It's not splitting hairs, so much so there is a specific provision against it in the rules, but it still looks like a duck (no pun intended).

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
So did Scott knock out Jackman twice? The Camera angle was pretty poor.

I'll take the 2 games. He did his job. I didn't watch the entire game - was watching the Giants game - but the Ducks acted like cowards going after our non-fighters.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Quick Wilson bring in Doherty convert him to forward and tell him to watch Scott highlights and emulate to save our season. :nod:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Awaiting on a press release from DW.

tumblr_lt199jVjbC1qapgsdo1_1280.jpg

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Didn't Clowe get two games for this a few years back? At least they're being consistent for once.

Not quite consistent unless I recall incorrectly Clowe was not a repeat offender.

If I heard correctly Scott admitted that he didn't try and play the puck and maybe they went easy on him because it was obvious the Ducks were gooning it up.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Not quite consistent unless I recall incorrectly Clowe was not a repeat offender.

If I heard correctly Scott admitted that he didn't try and play the puck and maybe they went easy on him because it was obvious the Ducks were gooning it up.

Yeah usually honesty is the best policy. He knows why he's employed. Look at the Duck's bench reaction after Jackman jumped Vlasic and TMac put Scott on the ice. They were whining about it to the refs.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's how I was calling it last night :laugh:

Funny how he does it right after his talk with Scott on the bench.

He knew Scott wasn't going to get any pp time so he took his shot while on the pk.

I doubt Scott would have done anything different than what he did last night, but Perry bailed anyway.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
He knew Scott wasn't going to get any pp time so he took his shot while on the pk.

I doubt Scott would have done anything different than what he did last night, but Perry bailed anyway.

Yeah, Scott would've been a fool to go after Perry, but I'd like to think that Perry didn't know that :laugh:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
It looks like Player Safety blew the call on suspending Scott.

1- Clearly Jackman takes his gloves off first to start the altercation.
2- Rule 70.2 does not require the player to skate towards the puck which is unreasonable. Players cover opposing players. Who does Player Safety expect Scott to cover, the fastest Duck or the slowest?

If you notice in the video review of their suspension, they never mention that Jackman threw down his stick and gloves first. Shanahan always pointed out anything that would be inconsistent with his ruling and why he did not consider it.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
It looks like Player Safety blew the call on suspending Scott.

1- Clearly Jackman takes his gloves off first to start the altercation.
2- Rule 70.2 does not require the player to skate towards the puck which is unreasonable. Players cover opposing players. Who does Player Safety expect Scott to cover, the fastest Duck or the slowest?

If you notice in the video review of their suspension, they never mention that Jackman threw down his stick and gloves first. Shanahan always pointed out anything that would be inconsistent with his ruling and why he did not consider it.

Scott admitted to leaving the bench to start an altercation. That kind of defeats your argument right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad