Player Discussion: Scott Mayfield

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Thoughts ahead of NHL free agency: Latest on O'Reilly, Reaves and Kane

Maybe so and take it for what it is worth but Elliotte Friedman had this line in the article

One team that hoped to talk to Scott Mayfield believes he is all but re-signed by the Islanders. Hopefully, it will be announced before Christmas.

I would love him back but really would want it to be no more than $4M (I hope for $3.5M and hope given the league wide cap situation that can happen but maybe unrealistic). Any more than that, I would want to look at other alternatives.

I just keep wavering.

I mean, I know he loves it here and I can see Lou doing the patented long-term contract where he's paid in years as opposed to a big sum.

Then again, at his age and on this market, he could be in for the biggest payday he'll ever see. Why pass that up?

We'll know soon enough.

Reactions: 19 in a row

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I just keep wavering.

I mean, I know he loves it here and I can see Lou doing the patented long-term contract where he's paid in years as opposed to a big sum.

Then again, at his age and on this market, he could be in for the biggest payday he'll ever see. Why pass that up?

We'll know soon enough.
All the comparables seem to be coming in at 3-4mil. Considering his age, and that he is a better option seems like 5/6 years at under 4. Hopefully closer to 3.5 at that length.

Many of the similar d-men signed thus far will end at that amount and the same age as Mayfield when the above deal is over.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I just keep wavering.

We'll know soon enough.
There’s also the know what you are getting on both sides. Lou takes care of his players, in the worst situation to date, he got Bailey what he wanted - freedom and the Isles got cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad