TSN: Scott Howson Fired as GM of the Blue Jackets - Jarmo Kekalainen hired as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Looks that Fin guy.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: "@jhiitela: Jokerit will hold a press conference today. 9.30am ET. #cbj"/ Well, now, comes as no surprise. Jarmo Kekalainen's FIN team.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Howson made many mistakes, but as incoming GM (whoever it will be) gets a nice gift to work with.

3 1st round picks in this years draft, which is pretty deep. You could do all kinds of things with those picks to make your team better.

Don't see Burke turning up in Columbus. I think he will GM in the NHL again, but not for a while.

As far as Howson goes, what he was asking for Nash, and what he got for him later, still makes me shake my head.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think Burke would fit well there. Burke is bold and isn't afraid to shake things up. They also have 3 1st round picks this upcoming draft. That's a potential for a quick rebuild.

Or a really stupid trade.

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Jackets have finally got it together....

Jarmo will be a great drafting GM and is a lock that Barkov will be drafted by them along with 2 more 1st rounders! With a chance that he adds another 1st at the TD.

Giving Jarmo 3/4 1sts in a deep draft if just what the Dr ordered for the jackets.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
About time he got fired. For a team that consistently gets picks in the top 10- what player do they have to show for it?
Voracek, Filatov, Johnnson, etc no one making an impact in NHL outside of Nash.
Coururier could have been there instead of Carter, now they have a pick that will probably be in the 20's come play off time.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
CBJ needs a steadying presence at the helm, as this is probably the turning point in the young organization's history. Good to have a guy like Kekalainen.

And we're discussing it because it's about hockey, in our league. Not every topic is Leaf related. Why would you waste all that time coming in to post that, when it was easier just to ignore it?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Weird that they chose to do it now. The least talented club in the league traded their best player away and then their defenseman of the future got injured. They are exactly where they are supposed to be except now they have some heart. They outshot the Oilers the other night 40-13 although Dubnyk stole the game. I would have axed Howson last summer or waited for the next off season to make the change.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Weird that they chose to do it now. The least talented club in the league traded their best player away and then their defenseman of the future got injured. They are exactly where they are supposed to be except now they have some heart. They outshot the Oilers the other night 40-13 although Dubnyk stole the game. I would have axed Howson last summer or waited for the next off season to make the change.

CBJ´s draft record with Howson as a GM is pretty bad. I guess with 3 1st rounders they wanted some one new in. Give that guy a better chance to rebuild the team.

deuce457

Nov 28, 2010
why keep howson through the summer and let him deal Nash? if you are going to fire the guy 5 months later, or 8 or whatever it is

they had to see this coming so why not just axe the guy in the summer and let the guy you want making the moves trade your franchise player, to bring back the pieces and picks he wants moving forward.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
why keep howson through the summer and let him deal Nash? if you are going to fire the guy 5 months later, or 8 or whatever it is

they had to see this coming so why not just axe the guy in the summer and let the guy you want making the moves trade your franchise player, to bring back the pieces and picks he wants moving forward.

Davidson was hired as president few months after the Nash trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad