TSN: Scott Howson Fired as GM of the Blue Jackets - Jarmo Kekalainen hired as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydChristmas*

IF Burke signs there, then wow... Talk about going from the crown jewel franchise to the bottom of the barrel.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Maybe if Burke is hired Nonis will be able to get a good deal on....

....wait a minute its Colombus

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Craig Patrick is an internal candidate apparently. Brian Burke, Pierre McGuire (every team looks at him for some reason) Rick Dudley, will all get looks probably.

Don Cherry :sarcasm:

LloydChristmas*

Craig Patrick is an internal candidate apparently. Brian Burke, Pierre McGuire (every team looks at him for some reason) Rick Dudley, will all get looks probably.

Don Cherry :sarcasm:

Seriously? I can't imagine who in their right mind would want Pierre Mcguire to be the leader and face of their franchise. That said I would love to see it.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I think Burke would fit well there. Burke is bold and isn't afraid to shake things up. They also have 3 1st round picks this upcoming draft. That's a potential for a quick rebuild.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seriously? I can't imagine who in their right mind would want Pierre Mcguire to be the leader and face of their franchise. That said I would love to see it.

I don't know either, but it seems every who hires a new GM, Pierre McGuire is in the mix. I don't get it. But I would laugh.

Ryan Murray, 1st (CLB), 1st (NYR) and Boone Jenner for Dion Phaneuf?? :sarcasm:

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
It was only a matter of time before he got the boot.

Burke would trade Columbus' two 1st rounders and their 2nd for Kessel at the introductory press conference as his first move.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
IF Burke signs there, then wow... Talk about going from the crown jewel franchise to the bottom of the barrel.

Meh, it's a great opportunity. Columbus will love him, he will make them a winner, and he will have his time to do it. Larger than life personality in a small market that actually has a hardcore fanbase is a great fit. It helps that he's American and works for USA Hockey as well, people there will identify with that.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

Columbus has a decent fanbase actually, just have had piss poor managment for years.

Burke isn't afraid to make some risky moves and has made some solid trades, he's a good fit.

plus he has 3 1st rounders in a deep draft this year, that's a great start.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Howson's firing was a long time coming, but you have to feel for the guy. He was let down by his amateur scouts and pro scouts. He only traded for Carter because the fans demanded a 1st line center. No one could have predicted his depression except for maybe the scouts that get paid a lot of money to figure that stuff out.

Pre 2011:

Columbus has only picked Top 10 and outside Nash no one has turned into a top line talent, maybe a couple top 6 players, but no huge impact players.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Howson's firing was a long time coming, but you have to feel for the guy. He was let down by his amateur scouts and pro scouts. He only traded for Carter because the fans demanded a 1st line center. No one could have predicted his depression except for maybe the scouts that get paid a lot of money to figure that stuff out.

Pre 2011:

Columbus has only picked Top 10 and outside Nash no one has turned into a top line talent, maybe a couple top 6 players, but no huge impact players.

Everyone predicted Carter in Columbus would be a massive failure. I dont feel for him, hes been a massive failure. If his scouts let him down, then he should have fired them. But he kept on trucking.

FireEverybody*

Burke would be great for the Jackets IMO.
Very good GM plus brings the Burke style that demands attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad