Confirmed with Link: Scott Hannan Signs 1 Year, $1m Contract

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
BLECHHHURGHHHGROSS

Wilson described Hannan, 35, as a "great mentor for many of the younger players on our roster," a group that would include the 24-year-old Tennyson. When asked if it was a tough adjustment to accept his new role on a team going through a rebuild, Hannan said he was happy to help out in any way but challenged the premise.

"I'm coming here with the anticipation of playing, and we'll see where it goes from there," he said. "And I think we have a great shot at winning this year -- for everything."

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_26125178/sharks-re-sign-scott-hannan

gtfo with that **** scotty.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
BLECHHHURGHHHGROSS

gtfo with that **** scotty.

You didn't honestly believe that an NHL player would sign a contract with a team as an extra d-man and mentor did you?

Of course he expects to play and unless the coaches have changed their ways a bit, there's a decent chance he will.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I like Hannan and would be fine if he was a mentor, but Todd doesn't know how to make a lineup. He's worse than DeBoer when it comes to playing youth over veterans.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Love Hannan's words. There is no doubt he'll accept being scratched with class and humility because that's the type of guy he is. He also still has that competitive edge a player needs. He knows the team wants the young guys to earn a top-6 role in camp and preseason, but he's going in with the mindset that he has a chance, and that's the only way he will.

Love his confidence in the team, too.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I like Hannan and would be fine if he was a mentor, but Todd doesn't know how to make a lineup. He's worse than DeBoer when it comes to playing youth over veterans.

Except not. TMac is one of the few that will roll with young players over vets.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Except not. TMac is one of the few that will roll with young players over vets.

Do you honestly think that McLellan will play Irwin over Hannan when he has shown no willingness to do so now? He's obsessed with Hannan. I fully expect Hannan to be in the top-4 to start the season.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Do you honestly think that McLellan will play Irwin over Hannan when he has shown no willingness to do so now? He's obsessed with Hannan. I fully expect Hannan to be in the top-4 to start the season.

Top-10 pick in strong draft secured if he's in the top 4.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

They both suck so if they are in the top 4 it won't matter. How is he obsessed with Hannan?

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Maybe but that would be a situation with a lack of better options, which Irwin hasn't been a better option. Last season the Sharks rolled their pairings at even strength and I suspect they will do so again.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
They both suck so if they are in the top 4 it won't matter. How is he obsessed with Hannan?

Irwin isn't good but he was CLEARLY a better option than Hannan on the bottom pairing with Boyle.

Maybe but that would be a situation with a lack of better options, which Irwin hasn't been a better option. Last season the Sharks rolled their pairings at even strength and I suspect they will do so again.

I'm talking about matchups, not TOI, and Irwin is definitely a better option than Hannan.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Not to mention Irwin has shown he could be some one on the point of a PP so long as he's not the one tasked with any kind of zone entry responsibility lol

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Just so he'll hit the milestone, I'll expect Hannan to get those required games in early. Then the ceremony and the kids will get more time.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I'm talking about matchups, not TOI, and Irwin is definitely a better option than Hannan.

Based on what? Irwin has been heavily sheltered since he made it to the NHL. They guy is just too slow to take on top competition. Hannan is by far the superior skater.'

Sure in sheltered situations Irwin may provide some offense.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Irwin played more games than Hannan last season and Hannan was scratched multiple times for Irwin. Rolling Hannan in the playoffs instead of Irwin was actually a pretty smart choice. Hannan did well.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Didn't realize he's been here for a few years blowing ass at lineups.

I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic here because they keep talking about Robinson taking general control of the defense. On the other hand...Colin White, Kent Huskins, Nik Wallin.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back

Yeah, hannan will just take time away from the youngsters,,,,the mentor comments are silly from DW/Vlasic and Braun and Burns will be much better mentors, by far. Should have saved these dollars for resigning Demers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad