GDT: Scoreboard Watching! Boston vs. Tampa

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I'm glad the 3 going for the Ross are who they are. I want Sid to win it, but I won't be too mad if Benn or Tavares do.

I hope sid brings his beast mode tonight

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
They scratched Seguin from today's game for being late to practice (the sheer absurdity), so Benn's chance's have taken a hit. Shame - If Sid doesn't manage to win the Ross, I want Benn to win it.

And yeah, it would have been heartbreaking if the Sens hadn't managed to make the playoffs. The way they - and MVP Hammond - have been playing has been just incredible.

I actually fist pumped when Stone got the back breaker. It would have been criminal for them to not make it.

Their record is eerily like DB's record after he took over in '09.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I actually fist pumped when Stone got the back breaker. It would have been criminal for them to not make it.

Their record is eerily like DB's record after he took over in '09.

I admit, I turned into a closet Sens fan today against Philly. There's just something about a team that wills their way into the playoffs, beating the odds makers who said it was near impossible for them to do it.

Maybe I'm just craving a team that shows some heart, hustle, and pride because I'm used to this joke we've seen too often this year from the Pens.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Go Canes! Because that´s our only chance... I don´t see a difference between making the playoffs and facing the Rangers, other than avoiding EDM winning a lottery from our pick. If the Canes beat the Wings(who are icing an awful lineup tonight) then we have a chance to avoid the Rangers still.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I wish there was a way to put this down in 140 characters.

The Sens lose Alfie and trade Spezza. Then Anderson (vet), Neil (vet), Phillips (vet) all go down with injuries. The Sens are forced to play their kids and go on an epic run. Youth is served.

Meanwhile, our stupid franchise with its gaggle of GM's decides to go backwards, with retread after retread because "experience", not talent, skill, speed, or youthful enthusiasm wins games.

Honestly, **** off to everyone in management and ownership.

Sens GM Murray said, it was hard for him to accept but this league is a young man's game now. He said that even if Philips and Neil were ready to come back he wouldn't put them in the lineup.

Pierre, when asked about this, said he agrees because when they took the red line out they took away the older players ability to be effective because they couldn't just hang in the neutral zone and grab onto and wait for players at center red. He said if you try that now you get burnt with speed. I think they are both spot on.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Sens GM Murray said, it was hard for him to accept but this league is a young man's game now. He said that even if Philips and Neil were ready to come back he wouldn't put them in the lineup.

Pierre, when asked about this, said he agrees because when they took the red line out they took away the older players ability to be effective because they couldn't just hang in the neutral zone and grab onto and wait for players at center red. He said if you try that now you get burnt with speed. I think they are both spot on.

Someone should get that memo to Pens management/ownership.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Our organization must be reading from a guide book on how to build your roster that's a decade or more out of date.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
I wish there was a way to put this down in 140 characters.

The Sens lose Alfie and trade Spezza. Then Anderson (vet), Neil (vet), Phillips (vet) all go down with injuries. The Sens are forced to play their kids and go on an epic run. Youth is served.

Meanwhile, our stupid franchise with its gaggle of GM's decides to go backwards, with retread after retread because "experience", not talent, skill, speed, or youthful enthusiasm wins games.

Honestly, **** off to everyone in management and ownership.

Haha I think the key there is that we were forced to play the younger players because of injuries. MacLean was canned in part because of his fetish for vets, Cameron got lucky that all our old/terrible players got hurt.

Good luck tonight, a pens rangers series would be entertaining as an outsider

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Haha I think the key there is that we were forced to play the younger players because of injuries. MacLean was canned in part because of his fetish for vets, Cameron got lucky that all our old/terrible players got hurt.

Good luck tonight, a pens rangers series would be entertaining as an outsider

Heh... it won't. Unless you like sweeps. But thanks and best of luck to the Sens! What a fun team to watch.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Milan Lucic would be the Penguins second-fastest forward. Think about that for a minute.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
That hit probably wasn't a penalty. I don't know that McQuaid can make a play on him there that doesn't result in Namestnikov getting killed.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm really interested to see how Boston responds to Tampa's goal. Some rookie scored, first goal first point.

Edit: Apparently really well

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Well, looks like it's down to Tavares and Benn. That sucks to get pretty much nothing out of this year, cuz we aren't winning the cup.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Nikita Nesterov. Never heard of him. Or the Beachamp guy that scored earlier, whatever his name was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad