GDT: Scoreboard Watching! Boston vs. Tampa

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I wish we had dmen who could move (and shoot) the puck like Carlson :(

Edit: Lol Nisky scores.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I follow all the Russian players and just noticed Galiev is making his NHL debut for the Capitals. Very good player in Hershey, I guess they have some injuries up front.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Wow trotz is working miracles.... i just watched ovy make a great backcheck and break up a good scoring opportunity.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Wow trotz is working miracles.... i just watched ovy make a great backcheck and break up a good scoring opportunity.

He looks really good defensively. Not so good offensively.

But it's only natural that the one time I'm rooting for him to score, he can't :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
"Young players are going to come in and yeah they'll turn the puck over, but you gotta let them work through it, and you gotta put them in a position to have success" - NBCSN

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
I want a Washington win with no points for OV. Backstrom's already got 2 though. Hopefully this scoreline holds...

YinzAintBurgh*

"Young players are going to come in and yeah they'll turn the puck over, but you gotta let them work through it, and you gotta put them in a position to have success" - NBCSN

Did he give a timetable tho? Those 4 years in the league young players :sarcasm:

YinzAintBurgh*

Wow.. Ovi on the bench at the end of the game with PP. Seems like him and someone else have swapped.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
That couldn't have worked out better for me. Bs lose, which is great for us. OV goes scoreless, taking himself out of the Ross race, which is good for Sid. Holtby gets the SO, which almost guarantees me a win in my pool this year!

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
So if we get 1 point vs. the Islanders tomorrow we are in?

We don't play till Friday. But if one of Boston or the Senators lose in regulation tomorrow, we can clinch with the Isles game (1 point if the Sens lose, we'd still technically need 2 points with the Bruins because if they win in regulation against Tampa, we'd no longer have the tie breaker unless we won one of our last 2)

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
So if we get 1 point vs. the Islanders tomorrow we are in?

No...

Boston: 95 pts, 2 GR, max 99
Senators: 95 pts, 2 GR, max 99
Detroit: 97 pts, 2 GR, max 101
Islanders: 98 pts, 2 GR, max 102
Pens: 96 pts, 2 GR, max 100

If we get 1 point, we could still end up fifth from that group. 3 points is enough, because we hold the tie-breaker over the Senators. Anything less, and we need help.

Thankfully, we should know beforehand what we need to do. (Not like it helped against the Senators, knowing a regulation win would put us in...)

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
No...

Boston: 95 pts, 2 GR, max 99
Senators: 95 pts, 2 GR, max 99
Detroit: 97 pts, 2 GR, max 101
Islanders: 98 pts, 2 GR, max 102
Pens: 96 pts, 2 GR, max 100

If we get 1 point, we could still end up fifth from that group. 3 points is enough, because we hold the tie-breaker over the Senators. Anything less, and we need help.

Thankfully, we should know beforehand what we need to do. (Not like it helped against the Senators, knowing a regulation win would put us in...)

We don't play the Isles till Friday. Technically at that time we might only need one point to clinch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad