Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread - SPOILERS Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
His face looked f***ing amazing. To me, easily the most realistic CGI face I have ever seen on screen. The voice was just a little wonky at times.

There are definitely times when the lip-syincing isn't dead-on, but this is largely masterful. Much better than re-casting.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
His face looked f***ing amazing. To me, easily the most realistic CGI face I have ever seen on screen. The voice was just a little wonky at times.

It was overdubbed to absolute f*** :laugh: The face didn't look bad, but it's also almost impossible to suspend your disbelief and see it as real. It's not a big deal either way, unless they run it into the ground moving forward, which I doubt they will do.

Reactions: Rebels57

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
would you like to relive the horrors of you youth? Let me help you.

A lifetime of someone you know is but a moment for you with your long lifespan, so let me give you 5 minutes to make potentially the biggest decision of your life while your essentially a toddler. A blink in your lifetime should be more than enough time for you to decide.
Holding onto things of the past can lead you down the dark side, that’s why I’ve held onto my masters lightsaber. (To be fair, you don’t just throw away something that powerful)
The voice almost seemed like a ventriloquist act.
Timothy Olyphant better not die
I have no idea who the blue fish dude is but I’m on board.
The mods need to go in the worst way.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
would you like to relive the horrors of you youth? Let me help you.

A lifetime of someone you know is but a moment for you with your long lifespan, so let me give you 5 minutes to make potentially the biggest decision of your life while your essentially a toddler. A blink in your lifetime should be more than enough time for you to decide.
Holding onto things of the past can lead you down the dark side, that’s why I’ve held onto my masters lightsaber. (To be fair, you don’t just throw away something that powerful)
The voice almost seemed like a ventriloquist act.
Timothy Olyphant better not die
I have no idea who the blue fish dude is but I’m on board.
The mods need to go in the worst way.
Cad Bane. A notorious bounty hunter from The Clone Wars series.

Cad Bane | Wookieepedia | Fandom

With Filoni on board just assume that random characters that appear like that are from him.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm not truly bothered like some SW fans are, but I really do like this modified version of Cad Bane better than the one we got.

If they took the skin color of the one we got and used that (for aging & realistic purposes) with Bane's modified face shape & wider hat, I'd think it's perfect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I'm not truly bothered like some SW fans are, but I really do like this modified version of Cad Bane better than the one we got.

If they took the skin color of the one we got and used that (for aging & realistic purposes) with Bane's modified face shape & wider hat, I'd think it's perfect

I’m just impressed at how smooth that edit is. That’s insane.

Also, am I the only one annoyed that his teeth don’t open as often as his lips do? It looks like someone talking through gritted teeth.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I’m just impressed at how smooth that edit is. That’s insane.

Also, am I the only one annoyed that his teeth don’t open as often as his lips do? It looks like someone talking through gritted teeth.
I'd have to go back and watch again, but I'm pretty sure that's similar to how he talked in the cartoon.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I'd have to go back and watch again, but I'm pretty sure that's similar to how he talked in the cartoon.
Thanks. I have no frame of reference on how someone with teeth like that would talk. That’s probably the issue.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
67E0FC21-3D0A-4BF3-B0D6-7B8FFF707A2B.jpeg

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
enjoyed the Boba finale and oddly nothing overly..surprising seemed to happen

overall though I think I would give the series as a whole a C average..the best episodes, of course, has Din in which really makes one wonder..why have a Boba spin-off at all

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
enjoyed the Boba finale and oddly nothing overly..surprising seemed to happen

overall though I think I would give the series as a whole a C average..the best episodes, of course, has Din in which really makes one wonder..why have a Boba spin-off at all

To flesh out Boba Fett. I quite enjoyed learning that Boba has evolved after his dive into the Sarlaac Pit. Learned the meaning of family again and creates his own "family" in Mos Espa that he can settle down with (like he did with the Tuskens until they were slaughtered).

I think a *lot* really happened and it was an enjoyable story. Din's episode was the best, but to be fair: The Mandalorian is the best thing Star Wars has put out in a decade (maybe more) - so that's a high bar to clear.

I wish Cad Bane lived longer (though I don't think he's dead), but happy to see a long-standing storyline have resolve between Boba and Cad. Wish it was a longer fight, but I think they established for casual fans that Cad is:
1) Old mentor of Boba
2) A badass
3) A survivor, so he may come back

Grogu jacking Luke's X-Wing is wild. I actually was hoping they'd reveal Grogu's chainmail shirt by having him get shot, scaring the audience, and then Din pulls back his little cloak to see he had the beskar armor on (indicating he chose Din, officially). It's overkill of course since Grogu showed up and that pretty much tells us all we need to know, but it would've been a spot of nice drama

The whole time the Fett army was pinned down, I said "So they're gonna need a WMD basically...who will it be? I mean, Luke looking for his X-Wing? But how would he get there if Grogu took his freaking X-Wing?

Then a big Rancor popped up and that solved it, heh.

Love the after credits scene. Setting up a Cobb Vanth show with that f***ing male model Danny Cordray getting some cyborg modifications.

Anyway, I give the series like a 7.5/10 - I didn't expect it to be great, but I knew I'd enjoy some Star Wars. I'm a big wrestling fan (well, sort of) and I typically end most shows content and saying "I was sports entertained"...and that's basically my answer: "I was entertained by some Star Wars"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad