Confirmed with Link: Schultz signs 1yr/3.9M

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC · 17s18 seconds ago
EDM and Schultz settle one year at $3.9M

I assume this is a way to create a productive relationship between the two sides, so that he gets modest pay increase out of principle.

I'm glad to have him back. It's a bit overpaid but he plays a lot of minutes so it's not completely off either.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Brutal deal, this stinks of MacT. Schultz should have been Del Zotto'd and let walk, this guy is one of the worst defenders in the league and he's making 3.9M! What a Joke!!

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I for one welcome Justin SChultz to our new Eakins-less team.

If he sucks under the new staff then let him walk but i'm not giving up on another young defenseman just yet.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Brutal deal, this stinks of MacT. Schultz should have been Del Zotto'd and let walk, this guy is one of the worst defenders in the league and he's making 3.9M! What a Joke!!
For one year..it's a show me contract. Its a show me year for a lot of guys. If he sucks to start trade or waive him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I assume this is a way to create a productive relationship between the two sides, so that he gets modest pay increase out of principle.

I'm glad to have him back. It's a bit overpaid but he plays a lot of minutes so it's not completely off either.

I agree with this.

This organization has pissed off players for piddly amounts of money before; 225K is pocket change.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

umm the lowest he would have gotten was 3.68M based on the arbitration the Oilers took him to.

200K more than what he shouldve gotten but oh well. Better than walking away from him.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I have a feeling that Schultz is going to have a good year for us where he looks like he could reach his potential again and then he's gonna want a 5-6 million dollar contract with term.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This should be Schultz' last chance to show whether he still has it in him to be that guy that he was in his rookie year.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I for one welcome Justin SChultz to our new Eakins-less team.

If he sucks under the new staff then let him walk but i'm not giving up on another young defenseman just yet.

He's not young he's 25. What he is, is generally what he'll be. He's a soft one dimensional dman.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

Or we can see what he is like under some superior coaching.

Not that bad of a deal tbh.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

I don't mind giving him one year to see what he can do under McLellan, a competent NHL coach.

McDeathbyCheerios*

He's not young he's 25. What he is, is generally what he'll be. He's a soft one dimensional dman.
Most dmen take until they are around 27 to really show what they are made of. Epecially guts who go the college route.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00