Confirmed with Link: Schneider signs ELC

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I've noticed the same with all of our D if thats our criteria lol.

Lest we forget that Hajek lost a puck in his feet and almost skated himself backwards into a breakaway against last game.

Which didn't result in a goal but Miller has directly been the cause of goals against. The errant headman pass to Rooney(?) that got turned into a GA is the most recent I can remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Which didn't result in a goal but Miller has directly been the cause of goals against. The errant headman pass to Rooney(?) that got turned into a GA is the most recent I can remember off the top of my head.
Exactly this.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
might be the wrong thread for it but what does that mean for Lundkvist?

Right now, not much. As we've seen, both good and bad, the Rangers can project on readiness and timelines to their heart's content, but it becomes a different ballgame once a player actually tries to skate in an NHL game.

I would say it's wait and see how players come along, or how the market for players shapes up, and then take it from there.

There's also at least a little more comfort with Lundkvist or Schneider on the left side than there was with ADA. So that remains an option, albeit not one that's been stated as a preference.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Right now, not much. As we've seen, both good and bad, the Rangers can project on readiness and timelines to their heart's content, but it becomes a different ballgame once a player actually tries to skate in an NHL game.

I would say it's wait and see how players come along, or how the market for players shapes up, and then take it from there.

There's also at least a little more comfort with Lundkvist or Schneider on the left side than there was with ADA. So that remains an option, albeit not one that's been stated as a preference.

It's also quite rare for defensemen to be NHL regulars in their D+2 season. On average 3 defensemen each season. Most defensemen only reach the NHL in their D+3 or beyond.

Look at Miller this season. That's his D+3 and there are moments where he looks to be a bit behind the play (which is fine). Schneider should start in Hartford unless he defies the odds and forces him onto the team.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's also quite rare for defensemen to be NHL regulars in their D+2 season. On average 3 defensemen each season. Most defensemen only reach the NHL in their D+3 or beyond.

Look at Miller this season. That's his D+3 and there are moments where he looks to be a bit behind the play (which is fine). Schneider should start in Hartford unless he defies the odds and forces him onto the team.
I’d say all of that is pretty fair.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah ADA on the left lasting all of two practices is worth going down in NYR lore as a tremendous failure.

Such a strange player.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

I want to say that I read somewhere that Lundkvist has played both sides or was working this year on getting comfortable doing so, but I may just be losing my mind, haha.

Reactions: egelband

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Historically very good 19 d man dont justify a spot in their rookie pro year, they need to be elite. Again, I see no harm in letting young kids have a little bit of extra time, especially defensemen. The board is littered with posts about how we have rushed kids or that they would be better at a lower level playing more minutes. If Nils makes the team he is probably playing 3rd pair mins and pp2 time. If BS makes the team he is playing 3 pair mins and sh time. I would rather him have the ability to excel and continue to develop his offense at a pro level than be brought in and shoehorned into a strictly defensive role. That is not to suggest I think he is going to qb a pp in the future, it is to let his offense develop so his can be a 2 way 5v5 contributor sooner rather than later at the NHL level. It is not often that extremely young defenseman are hurt by playing some extra time at the AHL level prior to making the jump. Like I said, he would have to force his way onto the team to win that spot at camp, I just dont see it happening without an injury, and right or wrong, if Nils gets passed on that spot even while playing well he is probably going to have an option to return to the SEL if he doesn't make the team. All things being equal, is NYR realistically going to have him go back to Europe and be unavailable for the entire season rather than send BS to the AHL to get pro reps and further develop which would give the org more options as the season goes by?

All of this may be moot anyways if there is a major trade this summer
The trade may or may not come. At some point, they may have no choice but to make a deal but depending on how things unfold it may not need to be this summer.

I get what you are saying but the fact remains that Schneider looked not at all out of place in at the AHL level. And was a contributing factor as to why the play was good. His game may not need a whole lot more to be able to step in and hold down a 3rd pairing spot. Yes, I understand how good Lundqvist is. All I am saying is that a spot will not simply be handed out, I believe. For Nils to claim it, he is going to have to outperform Schneider.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The trade may or may not come. At some point, they may have no choice but to make a deal but depending on how things unfold it may not need to be this summer.

I get what you are saying but the fact remains that Schneider looked not at all out of place in at the AHL level. And was a contributing factor as to why the play was good. His game may not need a whole lot more to be able to step in and hold down a 3rd pairing spot. Yes, I understand how good Lundqvist is. All I am saying is that a spot will not simply be handed out, I believe. For Nils to claim it, he is going to have to outperform Schneider.
I never said it was guaranteed,y exact words were "it is Nils' spot to lose." All things being equal regarding on ice play Nils will get that spot. That's my opinion based on contracts, league options, recall statuses and such. We've seen it time and again that these factors play a role in who gets roster spots. You don't have to agree, it's just my opinion.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I never said it was guaranteed,y exact words were "it is Nils' spot to lose." All things being equal regarding on ice play Nils will get that spot. That's my opinion based on contracts, league options, recall statuses and such. You don't have to agree, it's just my opinion.
Think we are splitting hairs at this point. Do I believe that in a betting world that Nils is the favorite to win the spot? Sure. But I also believe that it is far from a slam dunk. Thanks my only point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad