upload_2021-3-3_20-24-23.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 6

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I believe he's not slide eligible cause of his age when signing
Correct.

The slide cutoff is being 18 or 19 by September 15th of the signing year, however he fits the exception to the rule, which is (per CF): "An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide." Schneider will turn 20 on September 20th.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Correct.

The slide cutoff is being 18 or 19 by September 15th of the signing year, however he fits the exception to the rule, which is (per CF): "An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide." Schneider will turn 20 on September 20th.

The text from the CBA is more complicated than it needs to be. I always explain it this way:

An entry level contract is slide eligible if it is signed in the calendar year of a player's 18th or 19th birthday

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Still, rumors of Lundkvist coming over after this summer abound as well. Gonna be hard competition among 4 players for 3 RD spots.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Still, rumors of Lundkvist coming over after this summer abound as well. Gonna be hard competition among 4 players for 3 RD spots.

I don't think Schneider signing his ELC means he will be in the NHL next season. It's simply to secure his services. The NHL rights of major junior players expire after 2 years. If they don't sign him this year, he could technically do what Adam Mascherin did and re-enter the draft.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He was very good in the two AHL games he played for the Pack---the only two games the Pack have won. Most likely he's going to play next year mostly in the AHL. He's not several years away though. I would not be surprised if he does get games with the Rangers next year if a call up is needed.

......and congrats to Braden.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He was very good in the two AHL games he played for the Pack---the only two games the Pack have won. Most likely he's going to play next year mostly in the AHL. He's not several years away though. I would not be surprised if he does get games with the Rangers next year if a call up is needed.

......and congrats to Braden.

A Robertson-Schneider pairing in the AHL would be fun!

NHL
Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist
Hájek-Trouba
Reunanen

AHL
Raddysh-LoVerde
Robertson-Schneider
Geertsen-Skinner
Crawley

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A Robertson-Schneider pairing in the AHL would be fun!

NHL
Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Lundkvist
Hájek-Trouba
Reunanen

AHL
Raddysh-LoVerde
Robertson-Schneider
Geertsen-Skinner
Crawley

Almost happened this year. Two big defense first guys who skate and move the puck very well.

A proviso. I don't think Seattle will pick up Bitetto from us--they'll probably take someone more high functioning. So he'll probably be in the mix as well or at least if he isn't moved in a trade.

Like you I expect Lundkvist to come out of the gate running. At the beginning of the season I had a lot of doubts about Hajek---there doesn't seem to be a lot of offense from him but his play in the defensive zone has been pretty good. Reunanen could make a run for his job though. Your top 7 would easily be the youngest D corps in the league. Adam and Nils power play 1 and 2.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Don't want to get ahead here but hot damn the defensive depth the Rangers are/will be turning out the next few seasons is very exciting... Nils, Robertson, Schneider, Jones, Skinner... lions, tigers and bears.
If all goes well then it won't be long until we start the countdown to Trouba's MNTC kicking in... along with Kreider in 24.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Schneider does already check a lot of boxes for being ready. The skating and size and strength are already there. He's got a defense first disposition and likes to use his size.

Reactions: Trxjw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad