Confirmed with Link: Schneider signs ELC

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Glad to have this kid locked up. Depends on how the roster shakes out but there's a real shot of him knocking on the door next season.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Another point about the RD situation- I could see Adam Fox being capable of playing on the left side sooner than later.

Fox-Trouba
Lindgren-Lundkvist
Miller-Schneider
Bitteto

That'd be a young group but a well balanced one.

Reactions: JayAB81

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Another point about the RD situation- I could see Adam Fox being capable of playing on the left side sooner than later.

Fox-Trouba
Lindgren-Lundkvist
Miller-Schneider
Bitteto

You forgot Miller... And then you edited it before I could respond :laugh:

upload_2021-3-4_19-6-14.png

Reactions: JayAB81 and Fitzy

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
You could tell from the war room video that they love this kid.

5:58 mark

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021

Fox-Trouba
Lindgren-Lundkvist
Miller-Schneider
Bitteto

Bitetto ahead of Hajek? Nah. Unless you expect him to be moved.

Reactions: CasusBelli

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He did leave the prior game but came back. None of the local press even reported on it and the Brandon Sun is quite thorough in their coverage. The team just says it's a lower body injury but hasn't declared what or any kind of timeline. Hopefully it's minor.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Internally, the feeling is that he could challenge as early as next year, or potentially be an in-season recall.
might be the wrong thread for it but what does that mean for Lundkvist?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I fully expect Lundkvist to start and take DeAngelo's spot vacated by him when the 2021-22 season starts. Schneider could force his way onto the team with one of them moving to the left.

That left side is still a bit weak after Lindgren and Miller.
Lindgren Fox
Miller Trouba
Hajek/Robertson/Schneider/Lundkvist/

:) looks good to me

Reactions: Chytilmania

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
it is Nils spot to lose next year, Schneider gets another year to develop and then looks to break through in 22.

Reactions: wolfgaze

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think that you will be surprised at the fight that Schneider puts up at camp.
My opinion isnt based on thinking BS isn't good or could be ready to play for a team with lesser options, but there is nothing wrong with letting him have some extra time when we don't need to force him into the lineup, especially with a kid who will be d+3 coming over from playing in a professional league and not juniors. There is literally no reason to not make BS force his way onto the team (exactly why I said it would be Nils' spot to lose, not that it is automatically Nils' spot), and extra time for him at a level(s) below the nhl to keep refining his offensive game isn't going to hurt him. How many prospects have to seen come in that in retrospect could've used that extra 4-8 months at a lower level to continue to refine their offense before hitting the NHL?

Because of his birthday, is BS eligible to play in the AHL for the 2021-2022 season?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My opinion isnt based on thinking BS isn't good or could be ready to play for a team with lesser options, but there is nothing wrong with letting him have some extra time when we don't need to force him into the lineup, especially with a kid who will be d+3 coming over from playing in a professional league and not juniors. There is literally no reason to not make BS force his way onto the team (exactly why I said it would be Nils' spot to lose, not that it is automatically Nils' spot), and extra time for him at a level(s) below the nhl to keep refining his offensive game isn't going to hurt him. How many prospects have to seen come in that in retrospect could've used that extra 4-8 months at a lower level to continue to refine their offense before hitting the NHL?

Because of his birthday, is he eligible to play in the AHL for the 2021-2022 season?
I don't believe that your thinking is based on him not being good at all. It may well be Nils spot to loose, but it is hardly a forgone conclusion. The spot will be up for grabs and fought between Schneider and Lundkvist. Lundkvist is having a great season, but Schneider certainly did not look out of place in his time in Hartford at all. In fact he was a driver of solid play for the entire team.

I see this being one of the most interesting battles in the entire camp. Very high end problem.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I don't believe that your thinking is based on him not being good at all. It may well be Nils spot to loose, but it is hardly a forgone conclusion. The spot will be up for grabs and fought between Schneider and Lundkvist. Lundkvist is having a great season, but Schneider certainly did not look out of place in his time in Hartford at all. In fact he was a driver of solid play for the entire team.

I see this being one of the most interesting battles in the entire camp. Very high end problem.
Historically very good 19 d man dont justify a spot in their rookie pro year, they need to be elite. Again, I see no harm in letting young kids have a little bit of extra time, especially defensemen. The board is littered with posts about how we have rushed kids or that they would be better at a lower level playing more minutes. If Nils makes the team he is probably playing 3rd pair mins and pp2 time. If BS makes the team he is playing 3 pair mins and sh time. I would rather him have the ability to excel and continue to develop his offense at a pro level than be brought in and shoehorned into a strictly defensive role. That is not to suggest I think he is going to qb a pp in the future, it is to let his offense develop so his can be a 2 way 5v5 contributor sooner rather than later at the NHL level. It is not often that extremely young defenseman are hurt by playing some extra time at the AHL level prior to making the jump. Like I said, he would have to force his way onto the team to win that spot at camp, I just dont see it happening without an injury, and right or wrong, if Nils gets passed on that spot even while playing well he is probably going to have an option to return to the SEL if he doesn't make the team. All things being equal, is NYR realistically going to have him go back to Europe and be unavailable for the entire season rather than send BS to the AHL to get pro reps and further develop which would give the org more options as the season goes by?

All of this may be moot anyways if there is a major trade this summer

Reactions: wolfgaze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad