Confirmed with Link: Schlemko on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
IM pretty close to the gift Frost a spot. And a month in if he’s struggling, call up someone’s else. We don’t need to add a winger.
Well my point is that "gift" is the wrong word to use and suggesting people want to gift him a spot is a nonsense argument.

It's not like we want him to have the spot based on draft position... it's based on watching him demolish the OHL and projecting his skillset into an NHL role. He's earned it by doing everything in his power to show us he's ready. We couldn't have possibly asked him for more since he got drafted. If that's not earning a spot, I sure as shit don't know what is.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We have Frost or Farabee who could be that #3RW. And if both fail, we still have Laughton to move up to the 3rd line....as long as Pimp or Rubstov is ready. So we have options other than "just Frost".

Or we can still make a trade coming out of training camp once we see how the chips fall. We don't HAVE to fill that spot right now.

Now in saying that, if we don't fill that spot, don't bitch if Raffl is on the 3rd line if the kids are not deemed ready. Because that will happen.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We have Frost or Farabee who could be that #3RW. And if both fail, we still have Laughton to move up to the 3rd line....as long as Pimp or Rubstov is ready. So we have options other than "just Frost".

Or we can still make a trade coming out of training camp once we see how the chips fall. We don't HAVE to fill that spot right now.

Now in saying that, if we don't fill that spot, don't ***** if Raffl is on the 3rd line if the kids are not deemed ready. Because that will happen.

Which is why I'd rather pick up a 3RW if one is available for the right price and move Raffl or Pitlick to the pressbox if one of the kids is ready in October.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I am sure it’s been asked but...
for such a small savings, does it imply Fletch has a an exact contract or acquisition In mind and knows how much cap space he needs to create.

I don’t think anything under a million matters for any player of consequence. So no.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Any other organization wouldve had Frost in their top 6 last year and hed be a Calder contender.

We are actively trying to keep him off our NHL roster. Makes no sense.

Reactions: baudib1

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I love zucc. He plays big for his size and blocks shots and has skill and can skate well.

"I love player x. He doesn't play for the Flyers and thus plays tough and hard and full of heart. Not like our pansy players who ARE Flyers and thus play scared and won't do the dirty work"

Figured you can just copy paste that and save some time from now on, Mango.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
"I love player x. He doesn't play for the Flyers and thus plays tough and hard and full of heart. Not like our pansy players who ARE Flyers and thus play scared and won't do the dirty work"

I think zucc would look great with the flyers.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

You solved the riddle.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Problem is Schlemko isn’t a NHL defensemen anymore he’s all finished.

Yeah but I think you would rather spend the time with your family or playing somewhere fun in Europe if that's the case. Sounds better then riding busses in the AHL.

Hopefully this is to just to help him out. I feel like the Flyers need to rebuild their reputation of being a place where you are taken care of and players want to go.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I think you are misunderstanding me. Not worried like they don't anticipate it being an issue. I know that everyone thinks GMs have no idea what they are doing and don't have a plan or projections and just check HFBoards for what they should and shouldn't be doing, but I personally think that they have a handle on what the team's cap situation will be next year and aren't worried about the penalty.

Of course most GMs know they have a life expectancy of what 4 or 5 years? Especially if you aren't in a rebuild stage.

Fans are signed up for life. They care about the long term health and direction of the team. GMs know they have a limited lifespan if they aren't winning so they aren't so concerned what is happening to the team in 5+ years.

People always ignore this when asking how a GM can give out a contract that will be a problem in 6 or 7 years. Chances are it won't be their problem to fix. Unless they have been winning enough in those 6 years that they have bought themselves enough credit that it probably won't matter anyways.

Reactions: Curufinwe

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Of course most GMs know they have a life expectancy of what 4 or 5 years? Especially if you aren't in a rebuild stage.

Fans are signed up for life. They care about the long term health and direction of the team. GMs know they have a limited lifespan if they aren't winning so they aren't so concerned what is happening to the team in 5+ years.

People always ignore this when asking how a GM can give out a contract that will be a problem in 6 or 7 years. Chances are it won't be their problem to fix. Unless they have been winning enough in those 6 years that they have bought themselves enough credit that it probably won't matter anyways.
Schlemko is a $600k buyout penalty for next season. If you are worried about this you are splitting hairs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad