Confirmed with Link: Schlemko on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating his contract

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We shall see if he signs anywhere. I can see Toronto giving him a shot since they'll have to dumpster dive for defensemen.

Maybe he wants to play in Europe. We know for sure Fletcher did not want him playing for the Phantoms.

Now I don’t have to demote him when I make teams in Armchair GM. :clap:

Reactions: Rebels57

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Worrying about the cap implications is kind of an important part of the job.

If they're doing anything without worrying about the cap then that's automatically bad.

I think you are misunderstanding me. Not worried like they don't anticipate it being an issue. I know that everyone thinks GMs have no idea what they are doing and don't have a plan or projections and just check HFBoards for what they should and shouldn't be doing, but I personally think that they have a handle on what the team's cap situation will be next year and aren't worried about the penalty.

Reactions: Rebels57

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Trying to make sense of this buyout... but if Fletcher thinks he can hold a hard line and get Provorov on a bridge for 4.5m, Konecny at 4.5m, Laughton at 1.75m, and dump Hagg, he has about 5m in cap space for another forward, depending on who the 13th/14th guys are (costing around 700-800k each). But Schlemko doesn't really save that much, and Provorov is asking for a lot more probably.

Yea no way Provy signs for that. Too many good comparables that will get more as well.

I feel like when GMs do a nice thing for a player it’s known by the beats even if it’s not an actual statement. Seems like something is planned.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I am sure it’s been asked but...
for such a small savings, does it imply Fletch has a an exact contract or acquisition In mind and knows how much cap space he needs to create.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I don't like it. We are still handing him 1.5 million to go look for a job elsewhere. Would have rathered let him and his agent go find a deal for 43% of contract. That would give us the same $900,000 cost this year, nothing next year. And the other team gets him for 1.2 million...cheap vet that can be waived and only cost them less than 200,00 on cap.

Seems like a pointless move the way we did it. Would rather have just kept him for depth honestly. Call him up if needed and sit him.

Wonder who Schm’s agent is? Maybe Fletch doing him a favor to curry favor in future dealings or pay back for past dealings. Kinda like a GM taking a contract so another GM can stay under 50.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
How about Donskoi at $3 x 3?
gfqbkusriyf11.png

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He’s not over 30. He’s got potential to be more than mediocre. He’s not declining.

On an organization that’s apparently obsessed with fit. He just doesn’t FIT.
It’s should really be a no-brainer for him to be there.

All these suggestions to plug that spot are awful. Older, more expensive, AND lower potential?! Sign me up!!

We need to get one in the lineup now because the other is going to be ready sooner than later (if not already). If people are throwing a fit over having an unknown in the lineup, I can only imagine the meltdowns about TWO scary unknowns.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

All these suggestions to plug that spot are awful. Older, more expensive, AND lower potential?! Sign me up!!

It’s also very likely to not be players on one year deals. 3-4 seasons at 4 million plus. Ohh baby.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This sure looks like they do not want him on the Phantoms .

The gift of Weise keeps on giving.

Let’s announce TK and Provy tonight before they can sign a offer sheet and move on.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
for such a small savings, does it imply Fletch has a an exact contract or acquisition In mind and knows how much cap space he needs to create.

We will find out in less than 24 hours.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

We need to get one in the lineup now because the other is going to be ready sooner than later (if not already). If people are throwing a fit over having an unknown in the lineup, I can only imagine the meltdowns about TWO scary unknowns.

This. Stagger their arrivals.

19-20 Frost
20-21 Farabee, maybe Ratcliffe
21-22 Definitely Ratcliffe, maybe Brink

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

OK Carnac! You can see the future and know that Frost is ready. Younger is better is the equation? Got it! Let just trade JVR, Voracek, and Giroux and go with Farabee, Frost, and Ratcliffe.

No one is saying bring in over priced vets for the sake of bringing them in. There saying if there is a deal for a good 3W on a good deal then don’t give a kid a job because they are the shiny new toy.
(My question about Donskoi 3X3 was more facetious because I doubt anyone wants him at 4X 4 or close to it).

I love the group think among some that if anyone suggests a prospect earns spot it because they’re just dinosaurs. You’re right just gift them a spot. If they fail, oh well they’ll be ready in 2-3 years, right. The team will just suck again but we’ll give the kids a participation trophy.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
It's a peculiar move since it only saves 200k. What's also peculiar is that they elected to buy him out this late in the buyout window and one day before free agency opens. Makes me think Fletcher has something in mind at 3rw and needed every bit of cap he could get.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
OK Carnac! You can see the future and know that Frost is ready. Younger is better is the equation? Got it! Let just trade JVR, Voracek, and Giroux and go with Farabee, Frost, and Ratcliffe.

No one is saying bring in over priced vets for the sake of bringing them in. There saying if there is a deal for a good 3W on a good deal then don’t give a kid a job because they are the shiny new toy.
(My question about Donskoi 3X3 was more facetious because I doubt anyone wants him at 4X 4 or close to it).

I love the group think among some that if anyone suggests a prospect earns spot it because they’re just dinosaurs. You’re right just gift them a spot. If they fail, oh well they’ll be ready in 2-3 years, right. The team will just suck again but we’ll give the kids a participation trophy.
Literally nobody has suggested gifting a prospect a spot because they’re young. Making up strawmen doesn’t help you in any way.

What’s been suggested is that Frost is the best option for that spot, based on what we watched him do last year and making an educated guess on what we believe he could do in the NHL.

This is really simple, common sense stuff.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Literally nobody has suggested gifting a prospect a spot because they’re young. Making up strawmen doesn’t help you in any way.

What’s been suggested is that Frost is the best option for that spot, based on what we watched him do last year and making an educated guess on what we believe he could do in the NHL.

This is really simple, common sense stuff.

IM pretty close to the gift Frost a spot. And a month in if he’s struggling, call up someone’s else. We don’t need to add a winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad