Confirmed with Link: Schedule for 2013-14 season is released

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I know that's ridiculous :laugh:

If they were gonna start any team with a nine game road trip you would think it would be Calgary...

They are most likely doing it because of renovations at msg. Still sucks for them though.

littleD

Buck Aki Berg said:
I said 'hockey culture'. Why are you talking about 'NHL culture'?

Sigh, because we're talking about an NHL schedule, not a "hockey" schedule.

More fans of junior hockey in Ottawa over Toronto means nothing when it comes to who gets the prime time Saturday night NHL games.

This **** is not hard to figure out.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
3v8gsn.jpg

Same brudda.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Honestly I prefer the afternoon Saturday games, but then I live in Leaf country.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Everybody gets 41 home games, everyone has back-to-backs, and if you want the Sens to be shown nationally (as I do), afternoon games achieve that.

Stop complaining.

One M0RE YEAR

Jun 5, 2013
Everybody gets 41 home games, everyone has back-to-backs, and if you want the Sens to be shown nationally (as I do), afternoon games achieve that.

Stop complaining.

the afternoon games are normally shown on SNeast (ottawa region) so they aren't being shown nationally

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Actually, Sens have so many afternoon games because Melnyk prefers his deal with Sportsnet. It has nothing to do with other teams.

The other plus of afternoon games is that they are easier to market to families, minor hockey teams, etc. For a club that is always looking to sell those last 1500 seats or so in order to completely fill the place, that has some appeal. The weeknight games are the business crowd, young adults, etc.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Woe is me. Thinking about going to Edmonton to see my sister in October, would have loved to see the Sens while I'm there but they're playing the Oilers in Ottawa on the 19th. Looking forward to the season starting in any event.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Oh good game in Calgary isn't until March. I might be able to go to the game in Calgary instead of having to go to Saskatoon to see it.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
Can someone confirm:
we play everyone in our division 4X
everyone in our conference 3X
and everyone else 2X

That is an 80 games schedule (4*7 + 3*8 + 2*14). Is that correct or do we have 2 'extra' games?
And how does the western conference work? (4*6 + 3*7 + 2*16) That works out to 77 games.

Analyzer*

Can someone confirm:
we play everyone in our division 4X
everyone in our conference 3X
and everyone else 2X

That is an 80 games schedule (4*7 + 3*8 + 2*14). Is that correct or do we have 2 'extra' games?
And how does the western conference work? (4*6 + 3*7 + 2*16) That works out to 77 games.

You'll play 2 division opponents 5 times.

When do pre-season tickets go on sale ?

Thanks.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
You'll play 2 division opponents 5 times.

When do pre-season tickets go on sale ?

Thanks.

I guess whichever team plays Florida or Buffalo have a couple of easier extra points. I wonder if that might make the difference for a wildcard place?

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
So Toronto and Boston play Buffalo 5 times,
and Detroit and Boston play Florida 5 times.

Boston is winning the division.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
the afternoon games are normally shown on SNeast (ottawa region) so they aren't being shown nationally

Yeah, looking at the teams we're playing on Sat afternoon, it will be on SNET-E. :(
I can't believe that the CBC did not take the all canadian match up Oilers-Sens on Oct. 19, that is really dumb. :madfire::banghead::loony: The other games I sort of understand, the LA game should be on HNIC too.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I can't believe that the CBC did not take the all canadian match up Oilers-Sens on Oct. 19, that is really dumb. :madfire::banghead::loony: The other games I sort of understand, the LA game should be on HNIC too.

Toronto/Chicago has enough national interest that there wouldn't be enough of an audience to warrant splitting the network. It isn't everyone who falls all over themselves every time two Canadian teams play each other, especially when it's up against a game between CBC's biggest draw and the Stanley Cup champions.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Toronto/Chicago has enough national interest that there wouldn't be enough of an audience to warrant splitting the network. It isn't everyone who falls all over themselves every time two Canadian teams play each other, especially when it's up against a game between CBC's biggest draw and the Stanley Cup champions.
I didn't say for the game to split with TOR-CHI. Anyways, that game is being split with NSH-MTL. Later in the season, the Sens-Jets game is in the afternoon as part of a tripleheader. I thought that with the Oilers-Sens game being in the afternoon, it would be a tripleheader. The CBC has said many times that coverage of all canadian games are a high priority.

Last edited:

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I didn't say for the game to split with TOR-CHI. Anyways, that game is being split with NSH-MTL. Later in the season, the Sens-Jets game is in the afternoon as part of a tripleheader. I thought that with the Oilers-Sens game being in the afternoon, it would be a tripleheader. The CBC has said many times that coverage of all canadian games are a high priority.

I found that strange too, they should be airing that game. I know Edmonton and Ottawa dont rate very high with CBC, but I would think there would be enough interest in seeing the Edmonton young guns vs Ottawa young guns that there would be a good audience for that game across the country especially early in the season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad