TSN: Schedule Breakdown (not the actual Schedule)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
‘‘We continue to document the agreement,’’ NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in an e-mail Tuesday.
The league is expected to announce a 48-game schedule, according to Canada's The Sports Network, with all games played within each conference.

If there are no snags, ratification could be finished by Saturday and training camps can open Sunday if approval is reached on both sides. Daly said the season will begin Jan. 19.

‘‘[We] don’t need a signed document to complete ratification process,’’ Daly wrote, ‘‘but we do need a signed agreement to open camps. The goal is to get that done by Saturday so that we can open camps on Sunday.’’

The NHL has yet to release a new schedule. The regular season was supposed to begin on Oct. 11.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...r-agreement/Nw4gqlKi9jBHj04zm7emFP/story.html

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
There is no perfect way to do a shortened schedule and keep all the fans out there happy. This is a by-product of the lockout nonsense so we have to just learn to build a bridge and get over it. Go Bz whoever you play!!!
:yo:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There is no perfect way to do a shortened schedule and keep all the fans out there happy. This is a by-product of the lockout nonsense so we have to just learn to build a bridge and get over it. Go Bz whoever you play!!!
:yo:

Well put. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Ideally for me, the Bruins would play as many divisional games as possible, and not bother with the SE, but I'm just thrilled hockey is back.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well put. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Ideally for me, the Bruins would play as many divisional games as possible, and not bother with the SE, but I'm just thrilled hockey is back.

It to me is just dis-service after dis-service. First they screw us out of 3 1/2 months. Then they through some unbalanced hodgepodge schedule out that takes away division games. Who in the NHL thinks it makes sense to play the Leafs 4 times and the Panthers 3?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It to me is just dis-service after dis-service. First they screw us out of 3 1/2 months. Then they through some unbalanced hodgepodge schedule out that takes away division games. Who in the NHL thinks it makes sense to play the Leafs 4 times and the Panthers 3?

I get what you're saying, and I agree that it sucks, but the most important thing to me is that they play the dang games at this point.

I sort of expected a thrown together, disorganized, hodge podge schedule anyway. This whole negotiation process and "season" has been that way since day 1 unfortunately

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I get what you're saying, and I agree that it sucks, but the most important thing to me is that they play the dang games at this point.

I sort of expected a thrown together, disorganized, hodge podge schedule anyway. This whole negotiation process and "season" has been that way since day 1 unfortunately

It just shows that the league we love is rinky dink I guess. I hear what you are saying about atleast there is hockey, and that is the end goal..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad