TSN: Schedule Breakdown (not the actual Schedule)

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
Per Bob Mckenzie TSN. Each team will play
4 games vs. 2 Divisional opponents
5 games vs. 2 Divisional opponents
3 games vs 10 Conference Rivals

This is awesome

It should be this for the Bruins
Bruins Canadiens
Bruins Sabres
5 X's

Bruins Leafs
Bruins Ottawa
4 X's

Then 3 against
Rangers
Caps
Devils
Lightning
Hurricanes
Panthers
Jets
Flyers
Penguins
Islanders

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
sort of a clumsy schedule if you ask me. What if the Bruins have to play twice AT Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and NYR and twice HOME against NYR and New Jersey? I guess the only way to have true balance would have been a 44 game schedule, but still.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
the other 5 gamer other than Montreal will probably be Toronto and not the Sabres. If the NHL scheduler is looking for storylines and bringing in more revenue, an extra game with Seguin and Hamilton versus Kessel fits that bill rather nicely

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Not a fan of an unbalance home/away and divisional opponent schedule.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What about the schedule that is in place? Those 16 games looked good to me just add on another 8 half during the current schedule and half after it in April.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
In 1995, the EC had 14 teams (two 7-team divisions) and the WC had 12 (two 6-team divisions) ... 26 teams.
So EC teams played their 6 divisional opponents 4 each.
They played 3 of the other division's teams 4 each and the other 4 teams 3 times each (so 2 of those would be 2 home and 1 away and the other two 1 home and 2 away).

With 30 teams (6 5-team divisions) in the league now, the variables for a 48-game slate have to be in-division in order to achieve similar balance in the schedule.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Horrible, terrible, etc.

So we could possibly have 2 home games vs the Habs and 2 vs the Panthers, Hurricanes, etc.. JOY :rant::rant::rant:

Should be a 44 game season.. 6 vs the division.. 2 vs the conference.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Let me get this straight. We all were pissing and moaning for 5 months because we had no hockey.

Now hockey is finally back and we are all pissing and moaning about about the freakin schedule?

Really?

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Horrible, terrible, etc.

So we could possibly have 2 home games vs the Habs and 2 vs the Panthers, Hurricanes, etc.. JOY :rant::rant::rant:

Should be a 44 game season.. 6 vs the division.. 2 vs the conference.

I thought about that one. The NHL already rotates a division you play more than another in the west, and in '95 had 4 opponents x 3 and 3 opponents x 4. So they can just as easily have the Bruins play one of the other two EC divisions more than the other.

I assume the reason for the conference-only but almost-balanced schedule in '95 (and apparently this time) is based on the odds that an imbalanced schedule in a shortened season increases the probability of a wrong team or two making the playoffs. All you need is a very strong division for that to happen in a short run.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Let me get this straight. We all were pissing and moaning for 5 months because we had no hockey.

Now hockey is finally back and we are all pissing and moaning about about the freakin schedule?

Really?

Not really pissing and moaning, but rather such schedules leave room for ambiguity and strength of scheduled opponents etc.
You can bet some clubs will be pissing and moaning.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
There shouldn't be any teams Pg&Mg over a balanced sked.

An imbalanced sked heightens the probability of a team that should be in the playoffs missing it because they had to play their own division so much.

Shorter the season, the more balance is necessary. Significant results have to factor against all the competition of the same playoff pool.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Really?

Not unexpected :laugh:

I am pleased hockey is back.

DROP THE PUCK !!!

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
since it's impossible for all 30 teams to play on Jan 19th... I just know that the Bruins will probably be one of the teams that have to play on the 20th and having to wait one extra day is going to sting my soul.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Am I crazy for taking one more game against Pittsburgh instead of six against the Leafs? We really need the Habs SIX times out of 40 something games that bad? Wish we got the two more games to play the whole division five times but I'll take 5-4-3 over 6-2.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Am I crazy for taking one more game against Pittsburgh instead of six against the Leafs? We really need the Habs SIX times out of 40 something games that bad? Wish we got the two more games to play the whole division five times but I'll take 5-4-3 over 6-2.

Nhl should have had 7 vs div and 2 out of division. Play those extra games on neutral ice like Quebec or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad