Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - II - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I am happy for the city of St. Louis to get a Cup after so many years without one. That said, I think the way the Blues played was pretty disgraceful....headshot on Braun...headshot on Hertl...headshot on Grizz...headshot on Johansson....the Schenn boarding on Nordstrom. The Blues were hitting to injure...which is crossing the line and to see them rewarded for it sends a very bad message and for me it tarnishes the great effort of some of their other players like Parayko and Pietrangeo. The NHL's response was not adequate and watch for the Blues' cynical strategy to be copied by others.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I had butterflies yesterday morning upon waking.

After the second Blues goal, my son and I looked at each other...chuckled...and I said "we in trouble".

After the game, well before the presentation of the trophy, the TV was off, and I was off to bed, thinking about work, what I needed to get done, and hoping to get a round of golf in.

Weird how the anticipation was creating anxiety, yet it was easy to come back to earth.

This is entertainment folks. Wally's post highlights that there's so much more important stuff out there. Don't dwell.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The. Cassidy ****ed up not breaking them up 5 on 5.
Also, there's a few reasons, things didn't go our way.
Its really bad since they where really focus.
Silver lining they'll learn from it and get another chance.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Also, there's a few reasons, things didn't go our way.
Its really bad since they where really focus.
Silver lining they'll learn from it and get another chance.

I can't extract a silver lining from this. maybe if the core i.e Berg krejci March were 25
Maybe . But this imo was their last invitation to the big Dance
Now they're singing the Blues

Reactions: smithformeragent

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I gotta take a break from here.

Nothing against anyone. But much like everyone else Im sure, Im surrounded by last nights events between this place and coworkers/family/friends.

Need to take a step back and try to focus on other things.

Ill let you know how it goes :laugh:.

Good luck everyone. This one hurts big time.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I had butterflies yesterday morning upon waking.

After the second Blues goal, my son and I looked at each other...chuckled...and I said "we in trouble".

After the game, well before the presentation of the trophy, the TV was off, and I was off to bed, thinking about work, what I needed to get done, and hoping to get a round of golf in.

Weird how the anticipation was creating anxiety, yet it was easy to come back to earth.

This is entertainment folks. Wally's post highlights that there's so much more important stuff out there. Don't dwell.

I felt we were in trouble after we missed those good chances
As I had mentioned at that point
I'm worried and it didn't look good

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I can't smash my keyboard or I'll rip a nail off.

I tried to hide my pain and sadness last night with pure anger and it was a huge mistake. Rookie move on my part.

We all did

My blood pressure rose... couldnt sleep. Very tense

I feel bad for the players. It must be devastating

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The fact is with the leagues competitiveness ...it wouldn't be a shocker if both the Bruins and the Blues don't make the playoffs next year.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m waiting for the postmortem to come out before I make too many judgements.

I’m happy for the sick little girl. I know we have sick kids here, too, but I’m happy for her.

The one positive I took from the game last night was that Matt Grzelcyk got the final goal to spoil the shutout. Good for him.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Injuries perhaps, but whatever the reason, the first line needed to be a whole lot better than it was in this series. That is the #1 reason the Bruins are not enjoying the Cup today. They either **** the bed or their bed was shat in. It doesn't really matter.
They relied on the pp too much. Once Rooney got involved, most of the pp were eliminated and so did the B’s huge advantage.

Reactions: Dr Hook

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I’m waiting for the postmortem to come out before I make too many judgements.

I’m happy for the sick little girl. I know we have sick kids here, too, but I’m happy for her.

The one positive I took from the game last night was that Matt Grzelcyk got the final goal to spoil the shutout. Good for him.
Yea but I'm sure there are many sick little bruin kid fans who are sobbing today. There are untold hero stories for both sides. Bruins should have won it for them. No excuses pathetic effort in game 7.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
This is going to come across as sour grapes, but I might be done with the NHL. We will see what happens in the fall.

The officiating and rules are a complete abomination and I hate it.

I may take a sabbatical but not necessarily because of the officiating mostly because this was very draining. Toughest one ever for me. Hard to recover from this especially that I can't see us going back to the finals for a very long time.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Yea but I'm sure there are many sick little bruin kid fans who are sobbing today. There are untold hero stories for both sides. Bruins should have won it for them. No excuses pathetic effort in game 7.

I agree. Can't start wanting it to win for this sick person or that one. Unfortunately there are many many sick children everywhere . They're all worth winning it for

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I'm still glad they got as far as this did, with all the **** they had to face throughout the season

They still destroyed Toronto's dreams. They crushed cinderallas in Columbus. They did the same thing with the jerks in Carolina.

Or would you guys have preferred to be Tampa Bay, the DOMINANT ONES who....oh wait, got swept in four games??

I'll take a game 7 loss in the finals any day over that ****, thank you very much.
Though I think they could’ve won it all last night, they still surpassed my expectations. When you look at the power house teams from ‘11 like LA & Chicago, and where they’re at now, you can appreciate where the Bruins are right now. Stanley cup next year or bust!

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Though I think they could’ve won it all last night, they still surpassed my expectations. When you look at the power house teams from ‘11 like LA & Chicago, and where they’re at now, you can appreciate where the Bruins are right now. Stanley cup next year or bust!

Wait a sec here
Chicago won 3 cups
LA 2
We imo should. Had more
We win 3 cups in that time frame I could accept not making the playoffs for awhile
In other words if we can make a trade off where we'd win yesterday and not make playoffs for the next 4 years maybe more...I'd take it!!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I got my emotions out last night and am feeling much better this morning. It sucks, and I wish it would have gone the other way, but I think she has given me some perspective and I’m just kinda “meh” about it this morning.

I’m glad it’s over. Of course I wish it ended with a parade, but holy shit is a deep run hard for fans too. Sleep patterns are off, and I’ve been treating my body like a trash can for 2 months. Looking forward to investing my time and energy into other activities that I enjoy.

This was our last game in the seats we’ve had as STH for 10 years, as we’re getting moved due to seat reconfiguration. Depending on how we like the new seats and what prices end up doing, next year might be it for us. I’d love to hold on to our seats forever but the financial and time investment is getting more and more difficult. The people we’ve gotten to know over the years have either given up their seats, moved to other locations, or don’t go enough to have that same sense of camaraderie that was there the first few years. My second home bar was sold and the majority of staff turned over, and it’s just not the same.

Disappointing end to what what a very entertaining season. Injuries or not, the big guys didn’t step up when they needed to. Even a slight elevation in production from the top 6, and I’m going to a parade instead of a damn baby shower (actually a “sprinkle”) on Saturday morning.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I really want to know what the heck they were doing for the last 3 days. No prep. Lost. No fight. No fire. Nothing. Cassidy should have thrown the kitchen sink. After 2 zip. Put David on first line. Patrice with debrusk. Something like that.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Leading up to the game Berube said we were not physical enough in game six and some were concerned it was going to get out of hand. But the blues locked down and played good defense just the way game sevens are usually played. Remember the Bruins win over Tampa 1-0
Go back and watch the second goal again, the Bruins were collectively terrible.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
If you consider 3 things:

1) The PP was the Bruins' best asset
2) The PP of the Blues was downright pathetic
3) referees tend to try to even out the penalties over the course of the game

I wonder why the Bruins didn't try to stir shit up in order to make this a special teams game. Even if you receive 1-2 penalties more than the opponent it's still advantage Bruins.
Of course the opponent needs to get drawn into this, but at least give it a try via let's say ... running into their goalie who was in the zone. Even if your original plan doesn't work out, it might throw the goalie off of his game.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I got my emotions out last night and am feeling much better this morning. It sucks, and I wish it would have gone the other way, but I think she has given me some perspective and I’m just kinda “meh” about it this morning.

I’m glad it’s over. Of course I wish it ended with a parade, but holy **** is a deep run hard for fans too. Sleep patterns are off, and I’ve been treating my body like a trash can for 2 months. Looking forward to investing my time and energy into other activities that I enjoy.

This was our last game in the seats we’ve had as STH for 10 years, as we’re getting moved due to seat reconfiguration. Depending on how we like the new seats and what prices end up doing, next year might be it for us. I’d love to hold on to our seats forever but the financial and time investment is getting more and more difficult. The people we’ve gotten to know over the years have either given up their seats, moved to other locations, or don’t go enough to have that same sense of camaraderie that was there the first few years. My second home bar was sold and the majority of staff turned over, and it’s just not the same.

Disappointing end to what what a very entertaining season. Injuries or not, the big guys didn’t step up when they needed to. Even a slight elevation in production from the top 6, and I’m going to a parade instead of a damn baby shower (actually a “sprinkle”) on Saturday morning.
It will hurt more when you get 10 yrs older knowing that maybe that was IT. Could take 30 yrs my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad