Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - II - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
What a loss ... Unfortunately I was only able to see the first period because my cable provider in Germany decided that 3 am in the morning is the right time to shut the internet down to make an update ... or should I say luckily because it would have been more dreadful to see the clock running down and the destroying of our cup dream ..

After thinking about everything I have to say that I am more optimistic than the piss and moan group that showed up again. Our young players learned a valuable lesson. How to deal with the whole crazy ride the playoffs are, how to win and most importantly, how much it hurts to lose when you are that close. To the people that want to blow everything up and want to trade everybody. You remember 2010? Bruins will come back stronger! 2011 would have never happened if we would have traded half the team.

I wish everybody a nice offseason and a refreshing summer. Enjoy your time and maybe take a little break from hockey for a few months. Huge thanks to the posters like alicat, glorydaze, DKH, camfan, bruinsfansince94, ladyfan, loujersey, everettmike, fenway, bruinsnetwork, dom-ohl, chief nine who provide this board with a lot of informations, knowledge, funny things and everything you want to know about the Bruins. You really make this board a great place to visit.

See you next season guys and don't forget, our future is bright!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I agree that the key to success for the next decade will be finding that Center (and another wing) while continuing to develop Pasta and DeBrusk. They are available...look at what Ryan O'Reiley just did. Hopefully they can find a C in the draft. Would like to avoid free agency because it is dangerous to give big money. I don't think we need a superstar...in the cap era, the money they demand detracts from the depth that is needed for runs like this. The NHL is not a stars league.

In terms of roster development, missing on Backes and also only getting 1/3 of the picks right in 2015 may have cost them this series.
It’s not just one they will need two centres,there difficult to find with the draft,when you draft so late,it does happen,but unfortunately I think they will have to get bad to draft to replace them.Ideally would like to see the Bruins get help the free agency way to strengthen this team to make another run,but they really won’t have the cap space bye the time they get their restricted free agents signed I fear,I think it’s another year of hoping there prospects can step up .The following year is probably their opportunity to make some moves.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Points were at a premium.

Also, in the video Fenway posted of Jack and Brick interviewing Cassidy, Edwards was acting like a sad puppy.

It’s was sort of embarrassing to watch.

I would like too see different announcers next season. There are times I have noticed Jack rambles on about a certain play and stops calling the play. I know the game and where the play is going but my Wife is still trying to understand the game so when he stops calling the play by play it just ruins it.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Injuries perhaps, but whatever the reason, the first line needed to be a whole lot better than it was in this series. That is the #1 reason the Bruins are not enjoying the Cup today. They either **** the bed or their bed was shat in. It doesn't really matter.
What if they're injured and played their best in the circumstances. It will be easier to know after the injuries list comes out.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What if they're injured and played their best in the circumstances. It will be easier to know after the injuries list comes out.

This is true enough, and I hope it is the case from a going forward standpoint. It would not be nice to think that Brad and Pasta are great regular season players but can't step up the game when it is needed.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Everyone is being super sweet at work today.

I just feel like closing my office door, going under my desk and having another crying session.

I already miss doing GDT's.

Welcome back! :)

Personally, I am going to need a new keyboard because I am literally smashing every key with my fists.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I am wondering how to handle the Center position from here on out. We've seen what happens with a team like Detroit when two generational talents get too old to keep up and keep getting hurt.

I don't want to see Boston fall into similar tracks, but some cycles are inevitable, eh? Not being a downer when I say that; it's just a fact of life as well as sports. Life is a spiral; you're always getting older, but moments in your life recycle towards both good and bad

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Wonder what happens to our team, will Coyle and Johansson stay, I sure hope they keep Clifton as the future looks bright for our D-men. Anyone think there will be any big names going bye-bye???

I hope they trade Krug to finally get a top 6 RW for Krejci. I don't want to pay his next contract & we have young D ready to step in. Plus his value is high now. We lose some PP offense but gain on D & help shore up one of the top lines. Let McAvoy & Gryz run the PP.

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
I truly wish I was one of those fans who could put losses like this into the, "it was a great season", "made it all the way to G7", "its only a game", "the sun will rise tomorrow", perspective. Unfortunately, I am just not wired that way, and aside from animal (or human) sacrifice, I would have done anything to see this team win last night.
This loss is going to sit hard and heavy for years to come...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Welcome back! :)

Personally, I am going to need a new keyboard because I am literally smashing every key with my fists.
I can't smash my keyboard or I'll rip a nail off.

I tried to hide my pain and sadness last night with pure anger and it was a huge mistake. Rookie move on my part.

Reactions: TP

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
It’s not just one they will need two centres,there difficult to find with the draft,when you draft so late,it does happen,but unfortunately I think they will have to get bad to draft to replace them.Ideally would like to see the Bruins get help the free agency way to strengthen this team to make another run,but they really won’t have the cap space bye the time they get their restricted free agents signed I fear,I think it’s another year of hoping there prospects can step up .The following year is probably their opportunity to make some moves.

I know it is unpopular with some because he was great this series, but I think you have to look at trading Krug and maybe getting some picks and maybe a top 6 forward. Not sure what exactly his value is, but its never been hight. I just dont know how you make him work with the upcoming contract, expansion draft and the defensive depth in place.

Reactions: Bodit9

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
This is true enough, and I hope it is the case from a going forward standpoint. It would not be nice to think that Brad and Pasta are great regular season players but can't step up the game when it is needed.
Agree, it is still disappointing.
Let's not forget Marchand his tied for first in points for playoffs.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I truly wish I was one of those fans who could put losses like this into the, "it was a great season", "made it all the way to G7", "its only a game", "the sun will rise tomorrow", perspective. Unfortunately, I am just not wired that way, and aside from animal (or human) sacrifice, I would have done anything to see this team win last night.

Believe me, my whole life i've been a pessimist. I'm the same way with some of my sports teams.

I'm just trying to make a change in that for myself, because honestly, what choice do I have anyway? I don't have a vested interest in this team winning the cup - for me it's just bragging rights with other passionate sports fans. I'm not a Bostonian. I'm technically at this point more of a Virginian than I am anything.

At the end of the day, I feel bad for the players themselves, but you know what makes me laugh about it? They go home to good families in very nice houses with savings accounts that I, who am going to go into debt for grad school, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE. That's is why i'm trying to be positive. Life goes on! haha there's another season next year. Who knows what that will bring?

Maybe this was just a prelude to something great. Maybe next year they win the cup, and do so like the Kings did in 2012!

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I feel like Darth Vader at the end of Empire Strikes Back.

Spends the whole movie pissed off and choking peeps left and right.

Fails in his mission to recruit Luke and loses track of he, Leia and the Falcon.

You think he’s going to get pissed off one last time and off his top officer, and yet he just lets it go.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
You know what? I'm over it. Had a very sobering and grounding chat with one of my employees this morning, Brian.

He's a huge Bruins fan . I came in this morning loaded for bear pissed off. Like everyone else.
He came to my office and I went off about last night. He stopped me mid sentence with 'who cares? My partner John has throat cancer. They called us just after dinner. Don't know what I'm going to do.'

So yeah, I'm in a whole different state right now.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Feeling sad but it will pass . I will always cheer and watch the Bruins , what the f*** else am I going to do but my Stanley Cup dreams are over. I will have to be content with 2011 . Hopefully the Bruins can meet up with the Leafs next year and at least defeat them again. I won’t be here much until October . Take care everybody.

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Frustration, anger used to be part of my life, nothing like extenuating exercise or just go to your back yard remove the grass and regrass it again. It'll help.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I know it is unpopular with some because he was great this series, but I think you have to look at trading Krug and maybe getting some picks and maybe a top 6 forward. Not sure what exactly his value is, but its never been hight. I just dont know how you make him work with the upcoming contract, expansion draft and the defensive depth in place.
I don’t know,it all depends on what’s coming back,I do feel the Bruins have to try and strengthen this team to try and make another run while the core players,still have it in them.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
You know what? I'm over it. Had a very sobering and grounding chat with one of my employees this morning, Brian.

He's a huge Bruins fan . I came in this morning loaded for bear pissed off. Like everyone else.
He came to my office and I went off about last night. He stopped me mid sentence with 'who cares? My partner John has throat cancer. They called us just after dinner. Don't know what I'm going to do.'

So yeah, I'm in a whole different state right now.
I'm sorry to hear about one of your employees Wally.

I wish he and his partner all the best and I hope John kicks cancer's ass.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
How long before we hear so and so was hurt.needs operation etc... I don't want to hear it! Always the same bull
Youre hurt..don't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad