Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 7 - II - Heartbreak at the Hub on Causeway - St. Louis Wins The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Heads up, look ahead, that's where the futur is.
We have to stop to be so charitable. We need to be more selfish.

Giving games away needs to stop.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Krupp

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Not sure if it's better get knocked out early or stumble at the finish line.

I must have blocked out 2013, but I don't remember anything.
I’ve essentially done the same.

Over time, the memories of this run will fade as well.

Fair or not, the bar has been set high for this club/region.

We don’t remember runners up, Wales Trophies or Adams Division Banners.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Wonder what happens to our team, will Coyle and Johansson stay, I sure hope they keep Clifton as the future looks bright for our D-men. Anyone think there will be any big names going bye-bye???

Coyle is signed for next season. I can't see Johansson staying.. He probably really hates Marchand in real life.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
I’m not sure about the pipeline,still don’t see a replacement for Bergeron or Krejci

I agree that the key to success for the next decade will be finding that Center (and another wing) while continuing to develop Pasta and DeBrusk. They are available...look at what Ryan O'Reiley just did. Hopefully they can find a C in the draft. Would like to avoid free agency because it is dangerous to give big money. I don't think we need a superstar...in the cap era, the money they demand detracts from the depth that is needed for runs like this. The NHL is not a stars league.

In terms of roster development, missing on Backes and also only getting 1/3 of the picks right in 2015 may have cost them this series.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Attachments

• 3306577B-FF7F-4D5D-8EF3-5FDD80FDD460.jpeg
    3306577B-FF7F-4D5D-8EF3-5FDD80FDD460.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 15

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wonder what happens to our team, will Coyle and Johansson stay, I sure hope they keep Clifton as the future looks bright for our D-men. Anyone think there will be any big names going bye-bye???

Coyle is signed for another year, so he'll be back. I wonder about Johansson. He will probably command a pretty decent contract. I thought he was a good acquisition but I am not sure he is back next season. I'd like to see both Backes and Chara retire, but we'll have both next year. I don't see anyone moving out of note, unless a deal can be had for a top 6 RW, but it seems like we have been waiting for that deal for a while now.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm still glad they got as far as this did, with all the shit they had to face throughout the season

They still destroyed Toronto's dreams. They crushed cinderallas in Columbus. They did the same thing with the jerks in Carolina.

Or would you guys have preferred to be Tampa Bay, the DOMINANT ONES who....oh wait, got swept in four games??

I'll take a game 7 loss in the finals any day over that shit, thank you very much.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Eagles/Patriots revisited.
It's an "oh well moment"

I like this team and sense we can make a run again next year.
Johansen and Coyle are keepers. 2nd line material.
Truly disappointed in Debrusk as their appeared to be zero chemistry with he and Krejci.
Our defence is sound.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Well that certainly wasn't how we wanted it to end but it was a very entertaining season regardless. Hats off one last time to the 2018-2019 Bruins. They gave it all they had, and lost a fair fight at the end.

If I honestly expected them to get this far this year I would be far more disappointed, but this team definitely outperformed our expectations this year and even with this final disappointment, they deserve to be remembered that way. Good run boys, see you this fall.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
This one was tough to swallow, even after sleeping on it I feel like shit. So close to the finish line again, but when it matters our best players weren't our best players. You can't win a series when the only forwards who show up are your bottom 6 forwards. I really feel for Rask - he deserved this cup so bad, something I can't say for the rest of the team.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. We will have a similar (hopefully improved) team next year and I believe we are going to witness another deep run. These guys don't like to lose - the last time they won the cup the year prior was filled with heartbreak, maybe next year will be the same.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Points were at a premium.

Also, in the video Fenway posted of Jack and Brick interviewing Cassidy, Edwards was acting like a sad puppy.

It’s was sort of embarrassing to watch.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Just sad to see. The first line got you to the playoffs and then completely **** the bed on the biggest stage for an entire series.
That's a very simplistic way to look at it. Maybe the injured list will help you understand what shitting the bed means.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That's a very simplistic way to look at it. Maybe the injured list will help you understand what ****ting the bed means.

Injuries perhaps, but whatever the reason, the first line needed to be a whole lot better than it was in this series. That is the #1 reason the Bruins are not enjoying the Cup today. They either **** the bed or their bed was shat in. It doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad