GDT: SCF Game 6 - Sharks vs Penguins - Die Hard Edition - 5:00pm PDT NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
No point sheltering them with zone starts because them starting in the d zone is arguably less dangerous

Yes. No idea why they are getting o-zone starts. They can't score for ****, and can't skate fast enough to get back into the D-zone.

They look slower than gimpy Pavelski.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Well, decided to #yolo and get tickets this morning.

My wife and I have a good record this playoffs. We were at the clinching games against Nashville and St Louis. Hoping we keep that steak going.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Win it for the Gipper!

Do it for the home fans!

Di it for our freakin heart rates!

Force the game 7!

Score first and often, then i like our chances!

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
The next two games have to be our best execution.

Maybe we have jones steal one more but eventually we have to be the ones driving the bus.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
The next two games have to be our best execution.

Maybe we have jones steal one more but eventually we have to be the ones driving the bus.

Then Pen's seem to be getting frustrated. We can only hope their frustration trends in the same direction as

giphy.gif

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Game of Jones

From Sharks pregame stats:

With his 40 saves in Game 3 and 44 in Game 5, Martin Jones is the first goaltender in the NHL expansion era (since 1967-68) to have more than one 40-plus-save win in a Stanley Cup Final (per Elias Sports Bureau).

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Then Pen's seem to be getting frustrated. We can only hope their frustration trends in the same direction as

giphy.gif

That image reminds me how much fun that Nashville series was. Nashville had one of the better fanbases as well as the games were just fun. There was a lot of back and forth in that series and the teams seem pretty well matched. The Preds presented similar problems with their speed as the Pens do right now but the big difference was we were making quick passes to get the puck out of our zone and shooting the puck at Rinne as much as we could. Something for whatever reason we refuse to do consistently in this series.

Despite us being in game 6 of the SC it seems like we still have not played our game yet. It is an amazing testament to how good this Sharks team is, even when not on their game to having won 2 games against a Pens team that is on their game. Both of these wins coming without one of our best top-6 F in Hertl. Unfortunately, time is running out.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So excited for tonight. Win or lose, the tank will be rocking and it should be a close game. Honestly I hope they get Owen Nolan to open the doors tonight. They really haven't done much with the Alumni in the playoffs and for 25 years of Sharks hockey there are only two Alumni I think of first, Owen Nolan and Evgeni Nabokov. Embrace that tonight. Embrace where the team has been and where they might go.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
After the events that happened today I'm having a really hard time getting excited for anything. Hopefully they win...

Bizdits*

Jun 10, 2016
Calgary
Good luck guys... I'm rooting for ya. Here are my keys to the game:
1. Come out hard and get the lead... Get the fans in the game.
2. Don't take any stupid penalties... Especially early in the game to lose momentum and possibly the crowd noise.
3. Limit ice time for Polak and Dillon to around 12 minutes for the game.

Do this and the Sharks have a good chance. I don't think the Penguins have seen the best of the Sharks. They can play better.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I have a conflicting feeling where its kinda nice to know that if we win the game, its basically the penguins losing the series and choking but its kinda sucky thinking that we're the lesser team and taking what we can get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark