Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - Gloria Has Laryngitis - Back to Boston for Game 7

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I so wish Wes McCauley was one of the refs. Although, to be fair, I don't think Rooney or Sutherland will put up with that BS, especially if they read about that comment from Berube. I may not like those two very much, but I suspect neither one is going to want guys leaving the ice on a stretcher under their watch after knowing Berube is instructing his guys to let loose. Ott is a jerk, too- I wouldn't doubt it one bit if he told Braydon Schenn to keep going after Chara every chance he gets- that's Ott's style of BS play right there, and Brayden probably was happy as a clam to do as his coaches instructed. Pieces of dog crap.

How did I miss all of this in previous series? I watched most of those games- was it this obvious? I don't remember anyone in our GDT for NHL playoff games complaining or calling out dirty hits and head hunting in previous series.

They did vs SJ but I assumed it was SJ fans whining. What team in 2019 really seeks to injure? We certainly had that answered for us....!

Dallas Blues struck me as paint drying so I didn't bother watching outside of the final game.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They did vs SJ but I assumed it was SJ fans whining. What team in 2019 really seeks to injure? We certainly had that answered for us....!

Dallas Blues struck me as paint drying so I didn't bother watching outside of the final game.
Capitals did it in play offs . Intentional direct Head shots in play off series to Marchasault, Karlson, Crosby, Dumolin, Letang just to name a few.

Last edited:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Imagine if anyone told you at the beginning of the season that the Boston Bruins would be playing in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup this year?! :stanley:

What would be your response?
I fully admit I was on the "next year" bandwagon. IF they pull this off this year, I will however, fully expect a repeat since next year is the year they were "supposed" to win it based on Sweeney's tenure. LOL

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Pierre is the only one who really says anything positive about the Bruins.

Eddie is a dummy though.
Eddie has always been against the Bruins. I mute the jerk or ignore him. Keith Jones used to ream the Bruins every chance he got, too. I am so shocked at the positive things he has been saying this playoffs- even saying Marchand is fun to watch?

Times like this, I miss Jack and Brick. It really stinks we have to listen to their garbage- they clearly want St. Louis to win- they couldn't be more obvious.

Reactions: Spooner st

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Eddie has always been against the Bruins. I mute the jerk or ignore him. Keith Jones used to ream the Bruins every chance he got, too. I am so shocked at the positive things he has been saying this playoffs- even saying Marchand is fun to watch?

Times like this, I miss Jack and Brick. It really stinks we have to listen to their garbage- they clearly want St. Louis to win- they couldn't be more obvious.
I look forward to their massive disappointment.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I wonder why too. I used to think he just loved the skill game and the league darlings like the penguins and blackhawks, didn’t like Boston’s rough style and it’s percieved bullying their way to the cup just because they didn’t take **** and brad Marchand is a little bastard.

But his clear bias for the blues (I’ve actuallt been doing tallies, he mentions far more positive things about our opponents than he does about the bruins at about a ratio of 5:1 to 9:1 depending on the game) makes me rethink that analysis. The blues are far more of what our enemies tried to portray the bruins to be in the past.
Bruins are mostly the least liked team in the NHL
Even back to when the other 3 major sports weren't on the front scene.
Now with Pat's and Red Sox repeated successes, Bruins cup, a final and tomorrow' s cup within a decade. Makes it easy to be the most hated city in the world. Sports wise.
The city of champion's comes at a price. Lots of envy out there.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bruins are mostly the least liked team in the NHL
Even back to when the other 3 major sports weren't on the front scene.
Now with Pat's and Red Sox repeated successes, Bruins cup, a final and tomorrow' s cup within a decade. Makes it easy to be the most hated city in the world. Sports wise.
The city of champion's comes at a price. Lots of envy out there.

They’re not though, that’s the weird thing.

The bruins jersey is one of the most purchased, around the league at away games, bruins fans are one of the highest numbers when the bruins are visiting (I remember one coyotes game that was absolutely littered with bruins gear, Colorado too) and a TON of people in Canada are bruins fans as opposed to just the set of Canadians teams they live near.

As far as media hating on them though because Boston wins a lot as a city, that does make sense

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

The bruins jersey is one of the most purchased, around the league at away games, bruins fans are one of the highest numbers when the bruins are visiting (I remember one coyotes game that was absolutely littered with bruins gear, Colorado too) and a TON of people in Canada are bruins fans as opposed to just the set of Canadians teams they live near.

As far as media hating on them though because Boston wins a lot as a city, that does make sense
No one will deny Bruins fans are the most popular in a non local market.
Bruins fans in other cities are a drop in the ocean.
Montreal and Toronto are the biggest markets, Bruins fans are 1% at best.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
NHL radio on Sirius XM chose to talk about the Raptors over the Bruins. It's a damn hockey radio station and they would rather talk about their local basketball team, if that doesn't tell you the narrative for the hockey media I'm not sure what will.

That morning show is beyond awful. The hosts are old guys trying to pretend they're glib and funny and they're light years from both. And because like everything else NHL media related, they're based in Tronna so of course it's all about Tronna. Before them they had a bunch of young guys sitting around talking hockey. It wasn't great but it was way better than this crap they have now

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Been reading all of @DKH 's old posts, eh?
LOL well of course, but that's not where my thinking came from. I didn't see the kids being ready to go this deep by this year, nor did I think we had enough physical depth, that was my biggest hurdle to get over. Still not sure on the latter, but who knows, maybe there is just enough after all. I sure hope so. Then I want a repeat next year since we would then all be right and it's hearts and flowers around here again LOL

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA

It's interesting because they all f***ing ballwash the Warriors. They have so many fanboys in the media it's embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad