Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - Gloria Has Laryngitis - Back to Boston for Game 7

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
So some 5s and 10s would be appropriate. Keep the heads up, but keep the legs moving. As long as we keep that 200 foot game going, St Louis will tire down.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Does Brady even like hockey ? I have never seen him at a game even when others from his team have been there.

Well do Pedro, Gronk, Edelman, Andrews, etc. like hockey either or just do it to be a good sport and do the right thing by supporting other Boston teams?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
too bad they cant just suspend the coach for the first 41 games next season when you talk this dumb... send a message

I really think the refs should eject any Blue who head hunts a Bruin Wednesday night. They may not care about being suspended but they'll care if their bench is shortened during the game.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I really think the refs should eject any Blue who head hunts a Bruin Wednesday night. They may not care about being suspended but they'll care if their bench is shortened during the game.
I so wish Wes McCauley was one of the refs. Although, to be fair, I don't think Rooney or Sutherland will put up with that BS, especially if they read about that comment from Berube. I may not like those two very much, but I suspect neither one is going to want guys leaving the ice on a stretcher under their watch after knowing Berube is instructing his guys to let loose. Ott is a jerk, too- I wouldn't doubt it one bit if he told Braydon Schenn to keep going after Chara every chance he gets- that's Ott's style of BS play right there, and Brayden probably was happy as a clam to do as his coaches instructed. Pieces of dog crap.

How did I miss all of this in previous series? I watched most of those games- was it this obvious? I don't remember anyone in our GDT for NHL playoff games complaining or calling out dirty hits and head hunting in previous series.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I so wish Wes McCauley was one of the refs. Although, to be fair, I don't think Rooney or Sutherland will put up with that BS, especially if they read about that comment from Berube. I may not like those two very much, but I suspect neither one is going to want guys leaving the ice on a stretcher under their watch after knowing Berube is instructing his guys to let loose. Ott is a jerk, too- I wouldn't doubt it one bit if he told Braydon Schenn to keep going after Chara every chance he gets- that's Ott's style of BS play right there, and Brayden probably was happy as a clam to do as his coaches instructed. Pieces of dog crap.

How did I miss all of this in previous series? I watched most of those games- was it this obvious? I don't remember anyone in our GDT for NHL playoff games complaining or calling out dirty hits and head hunting in previous series.
There was a LOT of it in the main board GDTs. Of course most of it was by teams that were on the short end of those dirty hits, so they were the ones who screamed the loudest. But it was definitely there.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I've rewatched the game about 4 times now... and what stands out remarkably clear each time is just how much Eddie Olczyk despises the Bruins.

I wonder why too. I used to think he just loved the skill game and the league darlings like the penguins and blackhawks, didn’t like Boston’s rough style and it’s percieved bullying their way to the cup just because they didn’t take shit and brad Marchand is a little bastard.

But his clear bias for the blues (I’ve actuallt been doing tallies, he mentions far more positive things about our opponents than he does about the bruins at about a ratio of 5:1 to 9:1 depending on the game) makes me rethink that analysis. The blues are far more of what our enemies tried to portray the bruins to be in the past.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I wonder why too. I used to think he just loved the skill game and the league darlings like the penguins and blackhawks, didn’t like Boston’s rough style and it’s percieved bullying their way to the cup just because they didn’t take **** and brad Marchand is a little bastard.

But his clear bias for the blues (I’ve actuallt been doing tallies, he mentions far more positive things about our opponents than he does about the bruins at about a ratio of 5:1 to 9:1 depending on the game) makes me rethink that analysis. The blues are far more of what our enemies tried to portray the bruins to be in the past.
Pierre is the only one who really says anything positive about the Bruins.

Eddie is a dummy though.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

they knocked three sharks out with headshots in the previous round alone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad