Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 6 - Gloria Has Laryngitis - Back to Boston for Game 7

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I always found it weird that Tom hasn't shown up once for the Bruins - at least to my recollection. He wasn't at the ceremonial puck drops in 2015, 2017, or 2019 after the Patriots won the Super Bowl. I couldn't find "old" video on YouTube from 2002 or 2004, and I didn't bother looking for 2005, naturally. And I'm 90% sure he hasn't been banner captain since 2011.

I get not having him be the first captain - I mean, you only know 1 or 2 games ahead of time that there's going to be a game. Honestly, I sort of see Bettman's "NHL" point a little, in that you have to give the folks who have their numbers in the rafters in black and gold a chance before you start poaching other sports. But we've had multiple, multiple non-hockey banner captains, and it's definitely Tom's time.

I can't imagine that the Bruins are snubbing Brady - the invitation simply has to have gone out. He seems a very "on brand" personality, but I don't get the hesitancy. I'm sure he doesn't generally do public appearances without a hefty charitable component, and he's in demand in terms of scheduling, but...I think it'd mean a lot to his fans if he showed.

The most charitable spin I can give is that Tom's letting other athletes take the spotlight. But...c'mon. It's time for Tom.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Stanley Cup Final: How much it costs to attend Game 7 of Blues-Bruins

According to TicketIQ, the average price to get in to Wednesday’s game is $3,591. Just for some context on that number, the only potential championship clinching game in Boston sports history that had a higher ticket price was the 2019 Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and Los Angeles Rams (obviously played at a neutral site, with an average cost of more than $4,500).

Simply getting yourself in the door will cost you as much as $1,448 (on Vivid Seats) and as much as $1,570 on TicketMaster’s resale site or on Stubhub.

If you want to sit closer to the action those tickets are going for as high as $10,000 per ticket.
Wow I think I will be watching on TV,although what a frill it would be to see live,

TheFerenceWheel

The Excellence of Execution
May 2, 2011
South Shore, MA

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
when st louis wins the Toronto national media talks about how they have a chance to win now... when st louis loses they talk about what they need to do to win now lol... unbiased much?

my complaint for the day... all this ballwashing that binnington has played so great. dude has a .911 gaa for playoffs and a .911 save %

rask is .938 and a 1.93

in this final round binnington is allowing almost 3 goals per game

its 21-14 for goals against in this series

they say this series is close... but in the 2 st lous wins one went to overtime... the other one the winning goal was scored when bozek tripped the puck carrier in the o-zone and the whole team sloughed off because it was 100% an obvious penalty

so... ok... whatever... crap happens. they won the games. crap happens. if they are proud of what they are doing thats their business.

but the media is supposed to actually represent a 'true' story. rask has outplayed binnington by a country mile. st louis is held to 2 goals or less in 4 out of 6 games binnington has been lit up twice now.

they better hope this kid is even 1/4 as good as the ballwashing because that their only hope for a win. in rask I trust.

if we get the first goal of game 7 its ours. and really I dont mean it when I say binnington could give them a chance. their only chance is the refs.

so ATTENTION NHL... call the freaking penalties. be freaking fair. let the best team win

Reactions: lopey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They’re looking to headhunt.

How dumb to say this

I don’t see anything wrong with the quote. Blues play on the line most nights, and end up crossing it frequently. They got away from it a bit last night for whatever reason. I wish Boston had a little more of that in their game.

Reactions: DoubleAAAA

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
when st louis wins the Toronto national media talks about how they have a chance to win now... when st louis loses they talk about what they need to do to win now lol... unbiased much?

my complaint for the day... all this ballwashing that binnington has played so great. dude has a .911 gaa for playoffs and a .911 save %

rask is .938 and a 1.93

in this final round binnington is allowing almost 3 goals per game

its 21-14 for goals against in this series

they say this series is close... but in the 2 st lous wins one went to overtime... the other one the winning goal was scored when bozek tripped the puck carrier in the o-zone and the whole team sloughed off because it was 100% an obvious penalty

so... ok... whatever... crap happens. they won the games. crap happens. if they are proud of what they are doing thats their business.

but the media is supposed to actually represent a 'true' story. rask has outplayed binnington by a country mile. st louis is held to 2 goals or less in 4 out of 6 games binnington has been lit up twice now.

they better hope this kid is even 1/4 as good as the ballwashing because that their only hope for a win. in rask I trust.

if we get the first goal of game 7 its ours. and really I dont mean it when I say binnington could give them a chance. their only chance is the refs.

so ATTENTION NHL... call the freaking penalties. be freaking fair. let the best team win
Binnington hasn’t been anything special this series that’s for sure,he was pretty good game 5 but I really didn’t think the B”s had that made good scoring chances.Lets hope his less then stellar play continues,I think if the Bruins can get a quick one on him Wednesday the flood gates will open.He has been going down really early,keep shooting high on him.Actually just shoot pretty much every chance you get ,he has let in a few bad goals .

Reactions: Cronuss

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I don’t see anything wrong with the quote. Blues play on the line most nights, and end up crossing it frequently. They got away from it a bit last night for whatever reason. I wish Boston had a little more of that in their game.
Agreed. St Louis is gonna do what they do and the refs are gonna do what they do. All you can do is play through it.

This team knows that, and they’ll be ready.

member 96824

3-A7-FDB98-3-F51-4-DF7-BAE2-53630972-C611.jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I honestly think Brady would get the crowd/team going most, just because it’s him.

Although, a Bruins legend is much more deserving. There’s so many to choose from.
Does Brady even like hockey ? I have never seen him at a game even when others from his team have been there.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
That Bortuzzo punch to the head and wink reminded me of Shawn Thornton spraying water at PK Subban in 2014. Arrogant and stupid. Those sorts of things anger the hockey gods and shall be punished.

Any mention of that series and the face of Dale Weise pops up in my mind

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad