SCF Game 5: Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Have a softball game at 6:15 and won't be done til like 8:00.

Hoping today Vegas has a 90 minute pre-game show tonight. Today I won't complain if they do another 25 minute show. Will be super pissed off if I miss Ovy winning/raising the Cup.
You'll be done before puck-drop, and presumably you'll be with fellow sports fans who might want to watch.

I'll be with musicians. I had a band practice Monday and missed the entire game, and I have another one tonight! I actually lied and said I had to leave early to pick up my son. I'm bolting outta there like my underwear's on fire -- I plan on at least seeing the second half. There is no way am I missing the possible last period of the season and the frikkin Stanley Cup!

So yes, I'm down for that 90 minute pregame show. Let 'em do a musical tribute to evolution. Show a Ken Burns documentary. Anything.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
If Washington wins, Ovie will be the first captain to raise the cup that is not a Canadian or an American, correct? I believe there were 4 American captains in history to win it and the rest were Canadians. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe the only non-Canadians are:

Derian Hatcher 1999
Nicklas Lidstrom 2008
Zdeno Chara 2011
Dustin Brown 2012, 2014

smd333

May 2, 2012
i mean ... the knights are a great story, but casting themselves as 6-year-olds might not be as compelling an excuse as Las Vegas Locally thinks it is.
Wait that has to be a joke right? The team lost only 3 games in the first three rounds of the paloffs, and they haven't lost 4 games in a row the entire season. No one thinks this Knights team was an easy out the entire way through.

Reactions: Drakon

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
i mean ... the knights are a great story, but casting themselves as 6-year-olds might not be as compelling an excuse as Las Vegas Locally thinks it is.

my wife's uncle is a taxi driver in Vegas. He didn't know anything at all about hockey before the playoffs of this year, but when the Knights made the finals, he started trying to chat me up about it, knowing we are from DC. before the series began, he told me he was sorry to say that the Caps surely would not make it past game 5.

i don't mind bandwagon fans. the more the merrier. but ya gotta at least be aware that you're not an instant expert.
Crazy i was in vegas in march and the taxi driver was very knowledgeable about hockey he also owned season tickets.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
And waited a week to tell the city council NOT to plan a parade yet.

Not that most probably care, because they would rather ignorantly complain about things, but I will clarify anyway. The Twitter account I quoted earlier (Las Vegas Locally) is in no way affiliated with the government of the City of Las Vegas. It's not even affiliated with the government run official marketing arm for the Vegas Valley (which is the Las Vegas Convention and Visitor's Authority). It's a dude who I think was formerly in marketing for one of the resorts and now is just a general Vegas promoter, who I don't believe is even paid for this. The parade went before the Clark County Commission, not the City of Las Vegas City Council. VGK asked that they table it. The strip is actually in Clark County, not in the City of Las Vegas...

Reactions: Sam Spade

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
Have a softball game at 6:15 and won't be done til like 8:00.

Hoping today Vegas has a 90 minute pre-game show tonight. Today I won't complain if they do another 25 minute show. Will be super pissed off if I miss Ovy winning/raising the Cup.

you're playing a softball game instead of watching a Stanley cup final elimination game?...think about that bro.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Whats your point

That a taxi driver in any city in the United States or Canada could not afford NHL season tickets.

The median annual Taxi Driver salary in Las Vegas, NV is $35,894, as of May 30, 2018, with a range usually between $29,814-$43,808 not including bonus and benefit information and other factors that impact base pay.

I guess if he is a homeless taxi driver.........:dunno:

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Wait that has to be a joke right? The team lost only 3 games in the first three rounds of the paloffs, and they haven't lost 4 games in a row the entire season. No one thinks this Knights team was an easy out the entire way through.
That’s the narrative everyone is suddenly trying to push....it’s ridiculous. We beat the Jets in 5 games and they are a very good team lol

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Could have been partial season tickets. Also taxi drivers can get hefty tips and kickbacks that largely go unreported.

Maybe Their significant other has a high paying job. Just because he drives cab doesn’t mean he is poor. Stop being so ignorant.

Ok, I'm now convinced that a Vegas cab driver does indeed use his expendable income on season tickets to watch ice hockey with his and potentially his significant others salary. I apologize for my ignorance.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
This.

Everything except the on ice product is cheesy. Also they call T-Mobile Arena "The Fortress"? Just another lame thing about the Golden Knight off ice product. Seems like they are just trying a little too hard in Vegas.
It’s so weird the hate for Vegas... what do you expect? That everyone is going to be an expert at hockey in the teams FIRST season? This isn’t Canada, it’s Las Vegas....it’s not live and breathe hockey. The fans have fun watching and at least we are getting fans unlike lots of other organizations. Give me a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad