SCF Game 5: Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Have a softball game at 6:15 and won't be done til like 8:00.

Hoping today Vegas has a 90 minute pre-game show tonight. Today I won't complain if they do another 25 minute show. Will be super pissed off if I miss Ovy winning/raising the Cup.

pezpunk

May 3, 2013
i mean ... the knights are a great story, but casting themselves as 6-year-olds might not be as compelling an excuse as Las Vegas Locally thinks it is.

my wife's uncle is a taxi driver in Vegas. He didn't know anything at all about hockey before the playoffs of this year, but when the Knights made the finals, he started trying to chat me up about it, knowing we are from DC. before the series began, he told me he was sorry to say that the Caps surely would not make it past game 5.

i don't mind bandwagon fans. the more the merrier. but ya gotta at least be aware that you're not an instant expert.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
i mean ... the knights are a great story, but casting themselves as 6-year-olds might not be as compelling an excuse as Las Vegas Locally thinks it is.

my wife's uncle is a taxi driver in Vegas. He didn't know anything at all about hockey before the playoffs of this year, but when the Knights made the finals, he started trying to chat me up about it, knowing we are from DC. before the series began, he told me he was sorry to say that the Caps surely would not make it past game 5.

i don't mind bandwagon fans. the more the merrier. but ya gotta at least be aware that you're not an instant expert.

It is pretty genius actually.... Ya know... if anybody bought that pile of horse shit. They wanted to make sure they could have all the glory but no liability in case they lost.

Reactions: rosenqvist

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Are these from the same folks who put out the notice for Game 5 that showed the series tied 2-2?

It is pretty genius actually.... Ya know... if anybody bought that pile of horse ****. They wanted to make sure they could have all the glory but no liability in case they lost.

It's just a snarky twitter account that promotes Vegas. If there is any fault to be had it is in taking their tweets seriously. It is meant to be humorous.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If Washington wins, Ovie will be the first captain to raise the cup that is not a Canadian or an American, correct? I believe there were 4 American captains in history to win it and the rest were Canadians. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Lidstrom, Chara

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Khadrice Rollins of Sports Illustrated asks the question that we've all been dying to know the answer to...

Has Alex Ovechkin Ever Won the Stanley Cup?

To spare you from clicking on the link, the answer comes in the very first sentence:
Sports Illustrated said:
Washington Capitals wing Alex Ovechkin has not won the Stanley Cup so far in his career.

There you have it. Apparently, Sports Illustrated's idea of hockey coverage is asking Siri or Alexa for help and then typing out and publishing the response.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
De50jg6XcAIgY9F.jpg

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
My body hurts, adrenaline in every part of my body.

Was trying to get a few hours sleep before game but it was just nu possible in any way. Tomorrow is going to be a rough day. 0 hours of sleep will probably make tomorrow a grim day.

But with a win it wont matter.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Did you undeperform in school? What's with this "nerds" thing?
Lets be honest here, the intro is super nerdy. Are the actors nerds? No. Get rid of the voiceover lady, get rid of Capital "knights", the castle, the archers, and just have the knight slash the Capitals logo with a sword.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
He's talking about how it's an oddly staged piece of the ****ty Las Vegas most of us could do without. That's nothing to brag about.

This.

Everything except the on ice product is cheesy. Also they call T-Mobile Arena "The Fortress"? Just another lame thing about the Golden Knight off ice product. Seems like they are just trying a little too hard in Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia