GDT: SCF Game 5: Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00PM | Do Or Die Edition

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Awful 3rd period. I want to know how bad Karlsson was injured in the finals. He was invisible. We have a nice window if we extend and sign some good players.
Not to mention, the improvement that comes with long-term chemistry and comfort hasn’t fully set in yet. With the right moves, this team will be perennial contenders. Hopefully Wild Bill signs quick, and Perron too.

I love this lineup. The defense are young enough and contain more potential. Maybe that stud D arises from within, maybe we hunt for him. But we’re in great shape.

Shame we had to run into a team of destiny. Don’t think anyone was going to deny Ovechkin this year. Hats off.

Also hats off to the regulars here. Knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated. You guys rock.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Not to mention, the improvement that comes with long-term chemistry and comfort hasn’t fully set in yet. With the right moves, this team will be perennial contenders. Hopefully Wild Bill signs quick, and Perron too.

I love this lineup. The defense are young enough and contain more potential. Maybe that stud D arises from within, maybe we hunt for him. But we’re in great shape.

Shame we had to run into a team of destiny. Don’t think anyone was going to deny Ovechkin this year. Hats off.

Also hats off to the regulars here. Knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated. You guys rock.

Yeah I'm so glad I found his board before the season started. Awesome posters here.

I hope we keep growing. I'm sure more people will find this board in the offseason to get their VGK fix.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Congratulations Vegas and fans, seriously. A storybook run that I couldn’t stop reading.

Love your system, love your coach, love your players. A little more talent and seasoning is all you need. You will be back!

Think Vegas ran out of steam towards the end there, coupled with their worst defensive coverage of the year; an avg MAF was not going to overcome that.

I followed you guys since game 1 of the LA series, and I don’t anticipate that coming to a close.

:)

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
After a couple of hours to cool off & eat dinner, I need to apologize if I came off salty before. The Caps played better than we did, that's the bottom line. The didn't allow us easy entries in the the zone & when we did set up, they were all over us. Every shot attempt was contested, every loose puck was a hard battle. Do I think they played on the edge & maybe a little over the line, yes. That's hockey.

I will say Ovi deserved his Cup. The guy is one of the best players I've ever seen & that's ever played. Congrats to him. Glad he won the Conn Smythe too, even if it was a bit of a sentimental choice by the voters. I watched him lift the Cup & then I turned off the TV.

As for the Knights, what can you say, just a season for the ages. Everyone involved, the team, the management, the Arena, the fans. What a ride. The worst part about losing is we don't have this magical run to look forward to anymore. It will never be like this year again.

Expectations & predictions will never be this low, nor will the fans patience. I for one enjoyed every bit of it. It's great to root for such a classy bunch of players with a such a likable coach.

I'm also really thankful this board came together & had a solid group of regulars. You guys made gamedays a lot more fun. I can't wait til next season.

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Congrats to the Knights. What a season. Bravo. Can't wait to see what they do for an encore.

Caps earned it, but boy do they play sh!tbag hockey. Just a bunch of dirty cheapshot players. Hard to respect a team like that.

Oh please!! They played playoff hockey and it won them a Stanley Cup!!

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah I'm so glad I found his board before the season started. Awesome posters here.

I hope we keep growing. I'm sure more people will find this board in the offseason to get their VGK fix.

I like this board, but at times I wish we had our own board. Reddit and hf can be really annoying with the trolls. If this is something that people would be interested in, I might consider starting on. We can always go to multiple sites. But I feel that it might be nice to have a place of our own without trolls. And we can have more categories to have much more different topics.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Nothing worse than a poor winner
It’ll take Washington fans a while to adjust from being poor losers to being good winners. All they’ve had up until now is the ability to troll and whine.

I thought the mods had the ability to threadban opposing fans. I know on the Oilers board any playoff opponent fans weren’t welcome. Same rule should apply here. Pick a fight, receive a ban.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It’ll take Washington fans a while to adjust from being poor losers to being good winners. All they’ve had up until now is the ability to troll and whine.

I thought the mods had the ability to threadban opposing fans. I know on the Oilers board any playoff opponent fans weren’t welcome. Same rule should apply here. Pick a fight, receive a ban.
I've always taken the "allow opposing fans, and know the VGK fans can't lose an argument because I'll just delete it if they do" route.

We can certainly go the "no non-VGK fans" route, but most of them have been fine. Plus, it's hard to tell who's jumped on the wagon.

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I've always taken the "allow opposing fans, and know the VGK fans can't lose an argument because I'll just delete it if they do" route.

We can certainly go the "no non-VGK fans" route, but most of them have been fine. Plus, it's hard to tell who's jumped on the wagon.

Good points - and you’re right, most non-VGK fans are very gracious. It’s the Caps fans that jump in to stir up problems, the ones that just can’t let a team’s fans vent on their own board without trying to put them in their place. Sorry Caps fans, it’s not your place to do that here.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I like this board, but at times I wish we had our own board. Reddit and hf can be really annoying with the trolls. If this is something that people would be interested in, I might consider starting on. We can always go to multiple sites. But I feel that it might be nice to have a place of our own without trolls. And we can have more categories to have much more different topics.

A small story - a bunch of us veteran Oilers fans actually did start a closed forum several years ago, to get away from the influx of newbie know-it-all “OILERS” fans that infested the Oilers board after the 2006 Finals run. It was an absolute blast for a long time. I was banned by the mod (who is still an Oilers mod here) because I made a quip regarding religion, and didn’t post enough, or some such. But it was fun while it lasted.

I hope we can slowly grow this forum first and see how it goes. Best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them, but that requires buy-in from everyone. I’m guilty of not posting enough, but I read everything, and it’s all good stuff.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad