SCF Game 5 - Montréal vs Tampa Bay - 8 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Did they have a good 3C and a grinding rookie? Yes.

They also had guys like Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Sergei Fedorov, Brendan Shanahan, and Nicklas Lidstrom in their 20s.

I don't mean this to take away from Tampa. The Avalanche and Red Wings in the 90s and early 2000s were broken f***ing teams that should not have existed.

But did they have a... Sergachev?

Reno

Jan 21, 2007
Thank God these playoffs are finally over and how fitting for them to end in a boring 1-0 game. The lack of lead changes, the bad ice, the dead puck hockey.....this just isn't good to watch I've come to realize unless your team is in it.

I guess the powers that be don't see the problem with this hockey because they've allowed it to prosper, even the offensively skilled teams are relying on dead puck hockey like Tampa. But it's just not something that's gonna bring in a lot of new fans or grow the sport.

I beg to differ. There is nothing more thrilling than watching an ultra skilled player battle his way through a sea of sticks and arms.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
What? They haven't increased its size since 1991
They added another row in 2011. It used to be two rows, now it is three, with a big base.
4e_3vAOpBvYmgtTjLrCK36iq4Nom8fdhsmzxp6DOmmAPadRr4evv6yL1TUv5gZjj2OAt_tQix2-OcaypjJ9b1nt2PrMO5OPEE5r3_reAxAZVor0ig6HoemY

thomas-conn-smythe.jpg

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Canada's SC Drought Continues:

2004 - Calgary loses in 7 to Tampa Bay
2006 - Edmonton loses in 7 to Carolina
2007 - Ottawa loses in 5 to Anaheim
2011 - Vancouver loses in 7 to Boston
2021 - Montreal loses in 5 to Tampa Bay

Who is next Toronto or Winnipeg?

Marshmallow Man

Nov 6, 2020
Thank God these playoffs are finally over and how fitting for them to end in a boring 1-0 game. The lack of lead changes, the bad ice, the dead puck hockey.....this just isn't good to watch I've come to realize unless your team is in it.

I guess the powers that be don't see the problem with this hockey because they've allowed it to prosper, even the offensively skilled teams are relying on dead puck hockey like Tampa. But it's just not something that's gonna bring in a lot of new fans or grow the sport.

Biggest problem (literally) is the goalies. Seeing how massive the Tampa goalie was while accepting the Conn Smyth will be a meme.

Reactions: wingnutks

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Those are made up things for the board. LTIR is something used by all teams. Suspicion means nothing without proof. The NHL has not had a problem with this. It is just something manufactured by the board, the media and at least one player whose team lost. I get that you think there should be a rule, but there isn't. Tampa won and that is a fact. Montreal had a great run and came up short.

Tampa did win, while being close to over 18m

it was reported before the playoffs by Friedman and various beat writers that Kucherov was ready to go before the playoffs tongue in cheek references to LTIR circumvention.

to me, its an *. I don't decide it though. Its tainted win in my opinion, but its just my opinion and at the end of the day it doesn't mean anything more than yours.

but I will never not be convinced that Kucherov wasn't healthy before the start of the playoffs.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
The in-arena audio during the celebration on the blooooowwws. I’m not talking about the on-ice audio, but even the celebration music as Stamkos skated with the Stanley Cup could hardly be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad