SCF Game 4: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washington Capitals | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
The most annoying thing in this series is seeing the Vegas-fans starting to blame Fleury for not winning game 2 and 3 for them. Say, if he hadn't been so good, they would have been down 2-0 before first intermission on Saturday, not mentioning they wouldn't been allowed to play in the SCF at all. The fact Caps obviously has quit trying to score softies -the kind of softies all goalies normally gives away, if you just try them enough- makes his save percentage drop. But man, he has still been solid or better than solid. Good thing I root against them anyways.:naughty:

How is the Caps ice? Does Vegas thrive on bad ice, preferably bare concrete?

The Caps ice is terrible at the best of times. Humidity really makes it tough to have a decent set of ice to play on.

That being said, it is still a massive improvement over the disaster that is the ice in Las Vegas.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
superstition? no. many teams boards have incredible deep GDT opens that are exhausting. They make the media game day notes provided by teams look thin.

I come to the GDT to talk about the game. Not watch every game winning goal on video between the teams over the past 5 years.

We have our way. Sorry you don't like it, but we are consistant

It’s nice to see lineups scratches on the GDT but agree goal highlights and music videos do nothing for me.

Game talk is what it is about.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Tatar ain't going to make a difference. The fact Vegas's best player ( Karlsson) would be 4th best ( If that high) on the Caps should tell you everything you need to know regarding the difference in talent.

All Gallant can do is hope MAF goes god mode. They have no chance of winning any other way.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Tatar ain't going to make a difference. The fact Vegas's best player ( Karlsson) would be 4th best ( If that high) on the Caps should tell you everything you need to know regarding the difference in talent.

All Gallant can do is hope MAF goes god mode. They have no chance of winning any other way.

This is the thing that makes hockey so stressful but also fun and unpredictable. Even when it seems one team is better and should win a couple lucky bounces could easily change everything quick. And yeah MAF is scary because he's always capable of god-mode

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is the thing that makes hockey so stressful but also fun and unpredictable. Even when it seems one team is better and should win a couple lucky bounces could easily change everything quick. And yeah MAF is scary because he's always capable of god-mode
Yup. A bad game by the Caps or a phenomenal game by Fleury and we're back to square-one. It's like those virtual reality rides at Disney, where it feels like you're way ahead, and then you look around and realize you've barely moved. A 2-1 lead can go *poof* very quickly...

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
Yup. A bad game by the Caps or a phenomenal game by Fleury and we're back to square-one. It's like those virtual reality rides at Disney, where it feels like you're way ahead, and then you look around and realize you've barely moved. A 2-1 lead can go *poof* very quickly...

Exactly. The ECF wasn't that long ago.

5minutemajor

Mar 23, 2018
9:23:47 pm Eastern Time

Thanks! I will set my alarm at 9:23ET then (2:23 am local). I never understood the secrecy regarding the start times. If I want to watch soccer UCL the match starts at 2:45 pm ET, as announced. With hockey, they never announce the actual time, why not?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
superstition? no. many teams boards have incredible deep GDT opens that are exhausting. They make the media game day notes provided by teams look thin.

I come to the GDT to talk about the game. Not watch every game winning goal on video between the teams over the past 5 years.

We have our way. Sorry you don't like it, but we are consistant

And 50 wrestling gifs, plus 10 Metalica songs, those GDT are always the best.
:thumbu::thumbu:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
What time does the game start? Like literally start? Exact answer appreciated.
9:23:47 pm Eastern Time
Thanks! I will set my alarm at 9:23ET then (2:23 am local). I never understood the secrecy regarding the start times. If I want to watch soccer UCL the match starts at 2:45 pm ET, as announced. With hockey, they never announce the actual time, why not?

The actual puck drop will not be at 9:23:47 EST, Crosbyfan was yanking your chain. That's probably an hour into the game. No one knows exactly when the puck really will drop but the game starts on TV at 8 EST, so expect puck drop about 20 to 25 minutes later, not an hour and 23 minutes later.

Better yet get a DVR and wake up at a normal time :)

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
No badketball in DC so that dhould help out.

And it was around 73 degrees today, that should help even more.

I looked up Tatar's stats against the Caps and the poster who called him a "Caps killer" was correct. Wonder why Gallant didn't have him from game one? I won't be shocked at all if he gets a goal or two. Five goals against Holtby between this season and last.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
For those actually wondering, Saturdays game started almost exactly 25 minutes after the TV (8 EST) started, so puck drop at 8:25:09 to be exact.

Yeah, I'm not working today!

5minutemajor

Mar 23, 2018
The actual puck drop will not be at 9:23 EST, Crosby fan was yanking your chain. Thats probably an hour into the game. No one knows exactly when the puck really will drop but the game starts on TV at 8 EST, so expect puck drop about 20 to 25 minutes later, not an hour and 23 minutes later.

Better yet get a DVR and wake up at a normal time :)

All right. Alarm at 1:19 am then.

If it’s not live, it’s not worth it.

Reactions: TychoFan

smd333

May 2, 2012
I was pretty sure Tatar would play but didn't know about perron until the morning skate where his locker was empty

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I was pretty sure Tatar would play but didn't know about perron until the morning skate where his locker was empty

And then Gallant got pretty testy when asked "how hard is to sit a veteran player like Perron"? "Who said it was Perron, why do you think Perron is sitting"? Uh, because he stayed out with the scratches? Reporter didn't say that of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad