Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2 - PART 2

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Brad Marchand: 4-6-10; +5
Patrice Bergeron: 4-4-8; +4
David Pastrnak: 4-4-8; +2
Charlie Coyle: 2-2-4; +2
Danton Heinen: 1-2-3; +5

Torey Krug: 2-6-8; even; 18:55
Charlie McAvoy: 1-3-4; +5; 24:26
Zdeno Chara: 1-2-3; +9; 22:51
Brandon Carlo: 0-0-0; +2; 22:48

dunno if I would include chara in that line :laugh:

Let's hope it continues, and who knows maybe we actually see them buck the trend of win one lose one after that.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yep. We aren't as physical as the Blues, there are more ways than one to win a game.

And I don't want to sit Acciari, it's just a necessity with inexperienced D-men coming in.
Then why Kuhlman over Acciari? Nordstrom can go to line 2 in Kuhlman's spot and you still have one physical forward in Acciari? I don't get the love Kuhlman is getting based off of the little I have seen, seems like a JAG and he isn't that fast. I would not take Backes out but if I was going to I would put in Senyshyn, who at least is big and fast or Frederic. I would also look at Studnicka, if we have reached the level of desperation that we have to put P-Bruins in game 5 at least lets look at bigger ones or ones who may score.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Then why Kuhlman over Acciari? Nordstrom can go to line 2 in Kuhlman's spot and you still have one physical forward in Acciari? I don't get the love Kuhlman is getting based off of the little I have seen, seems like a JAG and he isn't that fast. I would not take Backes out but if I was going to I would put in Senyshyn, who at least is big and fast or Frederic. I would also look at Studnicka, if we have reached the level of desperation that we have to put P-Bruins in game 5 at least lets look at bigger ones or ones who may score.
Backes seems to be a target for the Blues whenever he is on the ice,but it doesn’t seem to be helping Debrusk or Krejci that the Blues seem preoccupied with Backes in the least,

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
no my friend, you have to analyze what he is not going Bérubé to modify these lines yesterday Why leave Debrusk and Backes on the 2 line he will have to react before teh loose the play off

Can you retry this one? I understand very little of what you're trying to say.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The Blues seem to change theirs every time they loose,I think the Bruins need to get some more scoring 5-5 on their top two lines.
As mentioned they have only changed due to suspension or injury but they also have more NHL caliber depth than prospects to step in.

This is one of the problems the Bruins have with how they run Providence, yes development is the first goal but having experienced NHL vets who can clear waivers and be used in situations like this is s huge plus. Paul Carey isn't bad but having some other NHL vets ready to step in would be nice right now.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The Blues seem to change theirs every time they loose,I think the Bruins need to get some more scoring 5-5 on their top two lines.

Karson Kuhlman doesn't sound like the answer to their 5-5 scoring issues. The blues changed their lineup because of necessity. They lost Thomas in the first game. They brought in Fabbri. Sundqvist got suspended so they brought in Sanford.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Backes seems to be a target for the Blues whenever he is on the ice,but it doesn’t seem to be helping Debrusk or Krejci that the Blues seem preoccupied with Backes in the least,
DeBrusk has been bad for the past two rounds with or without Backes. He needs to go down a line and either Johansson or Heinen move up.

Gold Black and Blue

Jan 16, 2014
North Easton MA
Please come back when your wrong
I hope I am wrong...but the Bruins just have too many injuries at this point. No Wagner, Grzelcyk, Chara, and Bergeron is obviously playing with a significant injury based on the minutes he has played the past 2 games. It is quite simple...the Blues have been the MUCH better 5 on 5 team. If they can stay out of the box...Bruins have a fighting chance...but it won't be enough IMO.

Reactions: G Backup

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
DeBrusk has been bad for the past two rounds with or without Backes. He needs to go down a line and either Johansson or Heinen move up.
Unfortunately that messes up the third line which probably has been there most consistent.I think the lines are what they are,unless Cassidy goes with 7 D if Chara is out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Need advice

During the overtime for game 7 should I just hang at my seats or go for a walk around)

Leaning to slumping on seats and reading HF Bruins game thread

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not clear on the rationale for dressing 7 D if Chara is out. Assuming Kampfer is the 6th D and plays 10 minutes, the extra 10 mins Chara would normally play should be pretty easily absorbed by the other top 4 D (2-2.5 mins extra each) and maybe an extra 1-2 mins for Clifton. By having 2 new D-men, the team has a very inexperienced D on the ice for more than is probably needed (assuming they each get more than 5 mins of ice time).

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I hope I am wrong...but the Bruins just have too many injuries at this point. No Wagner, Grzelcyk, Chara, and Bergeron is obviously playing with a significant injury based on the minutes he has played the past 2 games. It is quite simple...the Blues have been the MUCH better 5 on 5 team. If they can stay out of the box...Bruins have a fighting chance...but it won't be enough IMO.
If the Blues go in the Box ,Bruins definitely have a fighting chance,if they don’t it’s going to be difficult.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I'm not clear on the rationale for dressing 7 D if Chara is out. Assuming Kampfer is the 6th D and plays 10 minutes, the extra 10 mins Chara would normally play should be pretty easily absorbed by the other top 4 D (2-2.5 mins extra each) and maybe an extra 1-2 mins for Clifton. By having 2 new D-men, the team has a very inexperienced D on the ice for more than is probably needed (assuming they each get more than 5 mins of ice time).
I guess there assuming the Blues the way they are hitting,are probably going to take one out.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

They've been "absorbing" the extra minutes twice already and are pretty toast at this point IMO. They showed Carlo more than once yesterday on the bench and he looked like death and was clearly in a lot of pain. I think the entire D corp is really banged up right now and they simply can't ask any more of the regulars at this point. These extra days off in between the next few games should help, but maybe not enough.

Reactions: lopey

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Need advice

During the overtime for game 7 should I just hang at my seats or go for a walk around)

Leaning to slumping on seats and reading HF Bruins game thread
I would recommend going to the mens room, at least for the start of the OT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad