Post-Game Talk: SCF GAME 4 - Back to Boston - Best of 3 - Series tied 2-2 - PART 2

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It would suck to not have Chara for Game 5, but looking on the positive side, the mobility on defense would be improved, and perhaps that would mean better breakouts. The team stepped up with no Chara in Game 4 against Carolina, and, hopefully, they can do so again.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Honestly wouldn't mind Bruce whining about refs to the media at this point.

It's hard to blame any coach for doing it when it works like a charm every single time. I'm reminded of when babcock whined about faceoffs last year and then suddenly bergeron and krejci are getting kicked out of every single faceoff. Very easy to play the refs.

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
Cassidy said play with 7 d man

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Johansson Krejci Coyle
Debrusk Kuraly Heinen
Nordstrom (Rotate ) Acciari
The key 2 first line 6 best players rotate 5 all

Krug Carlo
Moore McAvoy
Lauzon Kampfer Cliffton

Reactions: NMF

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Don't really get it unless its an overreaction in the expectation that they will lose one during the game. Otherwise just let Kampfer play and they're set.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I liked his dad but never did like Brett Hull #primadonna
On the chiclets podcast, players come on and Hull is often a topic for discussion.

The way most players describe him when he comes up in their interviews is, well I’ll leave it as,
He was really good and he knew it too. He got away with a lot in the lockeroom/ with coaches :laugh:

Reactions: bobbyorr04

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Johansson Krejci Coyle
Debrusk Kuraly Heinen

Krug Carlo
Moore McAvoy
Lauzon Kampfer Cliffton

debrusk definitely has to be dropped down a line

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It would suck to not have Chara for Game 5, but looking on the positive side, the mobility on defense would be improved, and perhaps that would mean better breakouts. The team stepped up with no Chara in Game 4 against Carolina, and, hopefully, they can do so again.
The problem is there running out of guys to step up with

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don't think they know what's wrong yet. It wasn't bad enough that he needed a trip to the hospital and CT scan last night but it wasn't minor enough for him to return to the game. I imagine he will get a CT tonight when they get back and we should get some news tonight or tomorrow morning.

Im crossing my fingers for a good Grizz update.
Kind of a rush for him to come back from a concussion,and is he going to constantly looking over his shoulder,you can guarantee the Blues are running him first chance they get.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Johansson Krejci Coyle
Debrusk Kuraly Heinen

Krug Carlo
Moore McAvoy
Lauzon Kampfer Cliffton
This isn't the worst line up if they go with 7 D. at this point they may have to. I don't like moving Coyle off center but he is the best offensive threat they have and he may get Krejci going. Agree with moving DeBrusk down, also off power play.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Heinen-Coyle-Johansson
Nordstrom-Kuraly

Moore-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Lauzon-Clifton
Kampfer

Pastrnak, Johansson, Heinen take extra shifts with the 4th line.

Reactions: EON

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If you can get anything out of the Krejci line it’s a huge plus as it was for the blues to get production out of O’Reilly

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Brett Hull:

That's your EVP of Business Development! Classy classy classy.

Of course it's hard to tell with absolute certainty what Brett is doing there. He's puffed up a little over the years, so I'd imagine it's hard for him to fully extend those swollen little sausage fingers.

Reactions: Spooner st and GoBs

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kuhlman
Heinen-Coyle-Johansson
Nordstrom-Kuraly

Moore-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Lauzon-Clifton
Kampfer

Pastrnak, Johansson, Heinen take extra shifts with the 4th line.
So you want to sit the only two physical forwards in Acciari and Backes and use Pastrnak for extra shifts when he has produced as much offense, outside of game 3, as Backes has with twice the ice time and put Kuhlman on the second line based on him just not being Backes?

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
I don't think they know what's wrong yet. It wasn't bad enough that he needed a trip to the hospital and CT scan last night but it wasn't minor enough for him to return to the game. I imagine he will get a CT tonight when they get back and we should get some news tonight or tomorrow morning.

Im crossing my fingers for a good Grizz update.
Cassidy didn't even mention Grizz in his latest presser, according to Joe Hags, leading him to believe that there is no way he is playing. I am crossing my fingers for Z, though, it would enormous if he can go.

Reactions: lopey

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Cassidy didn't even mention Grizz in his latest presser, according to Joe Hags, leading him to believe that there is no way he is playing. I am crossing my fingers for Z, though, it would enormous if he can go.

could be gamesmanship by Bruce, something he's done quite a bit actually in his time here

I suspect we will see backes sitting and Gryzz and Kampfer in for game 5. Then chara and gryzz for game 6. But :dunno:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So you want to sit the only two physical forwards in Acciari and Backes and use Pastrnak for extra shifts when he has produced as much offense, outside of game 3, as Backes has with twice the ice time and put Kuhlman on the second line based on him just not being Backes?
Yep. We aren't as physical as the Blues, there are more ways than one to win a game.

And I don't want to sit Acciari, it's just a necessity with inexperienced D-men coming in.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Bruins following a loss in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs..

Record: 5-1
Goals per game: 4.33
Goals allowed per game: 2.0
Time spent leading: 258:42
Time spent trailing: 44:04
Powerplay: 55.0%
Penalty Kill: 85.71%
Brad Marchand: 4-6-10; +5
Patrice Bergeron: 4-4-8; +4
David Pastrnak: 4-4-8; +2
Charlie Coyle: 2-2-4; +2
Danton Heinen: 1-2-3; +5