SCF Game #4 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ TBL leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Imagine being up 0-2 and giving away the lead. Then being up 3-2 and giving away the lead. Then the other team blowing a lead and you get it to 4-4. You're gifted a 4-3 PP in OT on a totally bogus call and you can't seal the deal. Then all you have to hang your hat on is your guy getting called for a penalty that was a penalty.

IMAGINE.

They want the Stanley Cup delivered to the hotel.

Reactions: Hoek and Rschmitz

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
At absolute worse that call falls into the category of "probably a penalty but they were letting similar plays go so they didn't need to call it."

Imagine whining about that after that embarrassment of a call against Point.
Yep. the refs wrecked a great game

Its all ill think about this game by tomorrow

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Imagine being up 0-2 and giving away the lead. Then being up 3-2 and giving away the lead. Then the other team blowing a lead and you get it to 4-4. You're gifted a 4-3 PP in OT on a totally bogus call and you can't seal the deal. Then all you have to hang your hat on is your guy getting called for a penalty that was a penalty.

IMAGINE.

Imagine thinking the hold on Seguin is bad call.

my god

Oxbow Lakes

Jun 1, 2015
Finland
At absolute worse that call falls into the category of "probably a penalty but they were letting similar plays go so they didn't need to call it."

Imagine whining about that after that embarrassment of a call against Point.

Couldn’t have said it any better.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

IMAGINE.
Seguin was held with two arms on a scoring chance. It was legit.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
That argument dissolves when Benn takes his second hand off of his stick and grabs onto TJ and throws him down

Maybe. But Tampa did that all game, which is a clear penalty to begin with. To call just Benn is very weak.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
They DO do things like that all game long. It's very common for players to engage high and push each other to the ground.

You have to identify penalties. You can't just say "that looks like something that would be wrong." The books are written the way they are for a reason, to let players know what they can and cannot do. So you have to follow the books. It was called a trip. It was not a trip. It's as simple as that. If the ref had called a different penalty because he thought he saw a different penalty, we would discuss that penalty. He did not. He called a trip.

It could have easily been called a hold. If it had been called holding, would that make a difference?

You do something like that, you risk taking a penalty. No one forced Benn to do what he did. He should have been smarter and kept his arm down. If he had been, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
That Dallas PP at the start of OT really should have been the game but they just couldn’t do it on PP and really for the whole series. Questioning the Benn call is ignoring the fact it should have never got to that point and Dallas blew the lead three times.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That one guy said that Dallas was that "one offing team" after one game. So much salt :rolleyes:

Uh huh. Guess Stars fans couldn't show a shred of optimism after taking the first game, then.

Nope, that'd be too much.

Hard to be optimistic now, of course, but you still never showed me one post from a Stars fan who said they were a "team of destiny", which is what you initially said.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I won’t be able to watch the game tmw, but congrats Tampa! Well deserved and you guys have such a great team

great run by Dallas also. Lost to many key members, and needed to be healthy to have a chance

Throwing a 1000$ on TB tmw, so drinks on me!

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
That Dallas PP at the start of OT really should have been the game but they just couldn’t do it on PP.

exactly. i don't get the saltiness. awful missed call on point and goodrow. refs were terrible on both sides. aside from that though teams that can't kill penalties or convert on their own power plays tend to lose games. that's why the stars lost tonight and that's why they are facing elimination tomorrow. you can't use anything else as a crutch. they had the game gifted to them on the point call and couldn't cash in.

Reactions: MrWhiffles

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Good luck tomorrow night boys!
At 3 - 1 my luke warm interest is gone.
The wife will be happy.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
It could have easily been called a hold. If it had been called holding, would that make a difference?

You do something like that, you risk taking a penalty. No one forced Benn to do what he did. He should have been smarter and kept his arm down. If he had been, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
You're dealing entirely in counterfactuals now. Which is really never productive. We could debate a counterfactual holding but that was never called so that's not the point at issue. You want to argue with someone, no clue why you singled me out, I guess my post was the most recent post when you opened the thread. But what happened was that a trip was called. It was not a trip. And as I said, Dallas needed to kill a penalty, or one of multiple penalties, and did not and that was that. Whether counterfactually if the ref had seen the skate and had realized it wasn't tripping he might have called something else is entirely speculative. "Easily" is an adjective you're using there with no basis or reference.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Well, they did call Maroon for a far less egregious version.

Dallas had a lot of chances to finish this off. They f***ed it up, and now you're blaming the same refs who didn't gift them even more chances.

I know. The refs were awful. But to pretend Benn alone had to go is ridiculous. Hooking doesn't get more obvious than what the Tampa player did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad