SCF Game #4 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ TBL leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
Uh huh. Guess Stars fans couldn't show a shred of optimism after taking the first game, then.

Nope, that'd be too much.

Hard to be optimistic now, of course, but you still never showed me one post from a Stars fan who said they were a "team of destiny", which is what you initially said.

Proclaiming the Stars the "one effing team" after one game is basically saying you're going to win the Stanley Cup. Do you not understand?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Imagine being up 0-2 and giving away the lead. Then being up 3-2 and giving away the lead. Then the other team blowing a lead and you get it to 4-4. You're gifted a 4-3 PP in OT on a totally bogus call and you can't seal the deal. Then all you have to hang your hat on is your guy getting called for a penalty that was a penalty.

IMAGINE.

Agree. Dallas blew their chances and they even had the lead twice! Dallas on most nights probably put out enough offense to win but the reality is they blew it.

Reactions: StaySalty

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
So let's just pretend Corey Perry gets called for hooking and the game ends there.

That's another issue tho. Just admit the call on Benn was awful. That's what we are discussing.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Agree. Dallas blew their chances and they even had the lead twice! Dallas on most nights probably put out enough offense to win but the reality is they blew it.
I'd probably be pissed too as a Stars fan but I'd be real pissed at my team if we held the lead twice and gave it away and then couldn't close on a 4-3 PP in OT off a bullshit call. Blame the refs all you want but that loss is on the Stars.

Calls get missed. Pavelski should have been in the box when he tied it. Don't see many Stars fans upset about that egregious miss. Maroon was called for a nearly identical play. Don't see the tears there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's another issue tho. Just admit the call on Benn was awful. That's what we are discussing.

LOL It's not awful. It's a textbook hold--far more egregious than the hold Pat Maroon got called for.

Either way, acting as if this cost Dallas the game ignores the fact that they were up 2-0, had multiple PPs of their own, had a 4-on-3 in overtime, and STILL couldn't close the deal. They deserved to lose because they weren't the better team.

Reactions: U55

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
He went .950 or so vs Vegas.

vegas didn't have the game breakers tampa does, plus they were mostly just peppering shots on him from the perimeter. tampa has done a much better job getting close and crashing the net. plus he's 34 and fatigue caught up with him.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
So you're saying you want to add grabbing another players stick and throwing them to the ice to the rule book?

No, I'm saying as is clearly evident from the video, that the Tampa players hooked Benn and stopped skating, which Benn reacted to. The refs didn't call the text book hooking penalty, but called Benn's retaliation. Not the first time in history refs take only the retaliation, but still very weak by the refs.

Reactions: Phu

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The more I watch this, the more I think they should've taken both guys. Johnson is clearly interfering with Benn and Benn pulls him down to try and get past him.

Exactly. Blatant hooking, Johnson clearly stops moving his feet even and lets Benn drag him along. Then Benn flips him over and gets called.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The more I watch this, the more I think they should've taken both guys. Johnson is clearly interfering with Benn and Benn pulls him down to try and get past him.
No... they both were moving in to battle for the puck, then Benns takes his hand and gets his arm around the face, seems to grab the stick and generally interferes/holds Johnson in an entirely avoidable manner.

I agree it was probably a makeup call, but it’s was way better than the Perry non-powerplay.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Hey, Pavelski passes Alexander Ovechkin, Reilly Smith, Tomas Nosek, Brayden Schenn, Vladimir Tarasenko, Charlie Coyle, Nick Bonino, Ondrej Palat, Dustin Brown, James Neal, Drew Doughty, Patric Hörnqvist, Brandon Saad, Carl Hagelin, Brent Seabrook, and Jonathan Toews in all time cup finals goals scored.

Pavs is now tied with Crosby for 10th all time in cup finals goals, among active players.

Reactions: CLW, Phu and U55

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Exactly. Blatant hooking, Johnson clearly stops moving his feet even and lets Benn drag him along. Then Benn flips him over and gets called.
No, no hooking. Bolts players stick only comes up once Benn is grabbing at it... before that it ramped up a bit on Benns stick when they both whacked, but not close to a hook then.

Reactions: Hoek

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
LOL It's not awful. It's a textbook hold--far more egregious than the hold Pat Maroon got called for.

Either way, acting as if this cost Dallas the game ignores the fact that they were up 2-0, had multiple PPs of their own, had a 4-on-3 in overtime, and STILL couldn't close the deal. They deserved to lose because they weren't the better team.

Awful in the sense that the refs ignored the BLATANT hooking. Just like you. Have it your way and ignore reality for your fantasy version. I already said both should have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad