GDT: SCF Game #4 ★ Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★ TBL leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Re the power play, I don't think Guri has been set up once for the lethal one timer in this series, has he?

Re the first line, I still think the big 3 have a better chance of finding chemistry than a totally new line. But, if you want a one for one swap, say Guri or Rope replacing Seguin to get some speed and a shot, go for it. I guess you only need one fast guy on a line to make them dangerous. Benn and Rads dig out pucks, Guri finishes?

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Re the power play, I don't think Guri has been set up once for the lethal one timer in this series, has he?

Re the first line, I still think the big 3 have a better chance of finding chemistry than a totally new line. But, if you want a one for one swap, say Guri or Rope replacing Seguin to get some speed and a shot, go for it. I guess you only need one fast guy on a line to make them dangerous. Benn and Rads dig out pucks, Guri finishes?
I think their chemistry has been fine. They’ve created some chances but unfortunately, Seguin has whiffed hard on many of those. Get Seguin off that line and put either Hintz or Pavs there.

Reactions: Teemu Nymander

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I was saying the other day that Seguin should be put in front of the net on the same unit that Gurianov is ripping one timers on. And also, you're right - Gurianov hasn't had a chance to use his one timer at all this series. 2nd unit to be fair though has barely spent any time actually setup in the O zone. Been a lot of Roope Hintz rush chances lately and nothing more or the first unit plays nearly the entire PP.

I think they're trying wayyy too hard at this point to get Seguin a goal. Like playing him more, giving him all the prime PP chances, etc. They're focusing too much on that rather than just scoring goals. They need to just put him in front of the net or in the slot and forget about him for right now. Stop trying to rely on him at this point

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think Tampa's PK has been pretty incredible at preventing the one-timer to Seguin and Gurianov. It seems like they have a guy out wide to the LW wall when Seguin is on the ice, and they swap that guy to the RW wall when Gurianov's unit comes out. They've pretty much said we're not going to let that shot beat us, and Dallas hasn't adjusted to the open ice that creates. Someone has been in either Seguin's or Gurianov's face, and it's like the 5 guys on the ice are bewildered by what to do.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think Tampa's PK has been pretty incredible at preventing the one-timer to Seguin and Gurianov. It seems like they have a guy out wide to the LW wall when Seguin is on the ice, and they swap that guy to the RW wall when Gurianov's unit comes out. They've pretty much said we're not going to let that shot beat us, and Dallas hasn't adjusted to the open ice that creates. Someone has been in either Seguin's or Gurianov's face, and it's like the 5 guys on the ice are bewildered by what to do.

That’s fine for us to not get to use that shot. We can manipulate that into basically having a 4-on-3 but you’re right, we’re simply choosing not to do that for some reason.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That’s fine for us to not get to use that shot. We can manipulate that into basically having a 4-on-3 but you’re right, we’re simply choosing not to do that for some reason.

This turned out a lot longer than I expected but man theres just so much I wish they'd change about the PP setup to make more guys a threat to score

That 4 on 3 sounds good and all and you'd think they'd adjust to it but Imo the biggest issue with the Stars PP is they refuse to try setting up shots in the slot area. It's not even an option for them pretty much so it's easy for teams to defend against. Take away the top 3 around the point and the team has no where to go with the puck. No creativity, no one touch passing, etc. The only threats are one timers or deflections/rebounds. That's literally it. Meanwhile Tampa causes chaos cause they throw Brayden Point right in the slot which gives Hedman and Kucherov a lot more room and options to make plays, and leaves Palat wideeee open on the back door if Point isn't open. Stars need to make the defenders actually have to worry about guys right there. Kiviranta and whoever else is used there on the first PP unit really never even touches the puck unless a rebound comes to them or they need to help out the puck movers.

Tampa had been aggressive on the PK too. I'd like to see that play where Hintz throws it down to Perry, but rather than try to force it to Gurianov they find Kiviranta or whoever is in the slot for a chance. Then Tampa has a lot more to worry about. Need to watch some video of how Washington runs their PP, or Winnipeg.

Teemu Nymander

Aug 30, 2020
Something to think about
AAE.jpg

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Khudobin struggles tonight...who starts tomorrow?

Idk why I'm worrying about this rn tbh but it's just a thought

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Go Stars!! Come on boys, even this out and make it best of 3. Anyone’s series then, but if we lose it’s over.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Need Seguin to get one tonight. If he can get one, even a greasy one, it’s gonna get that monkey off his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad