GDT: SCF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washing Machine Capitals | 5:00PM | Defense Do Gooder Edition

Who Wins Game 3

• Both Touched Their Conference Cups, They Both Lose!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Karlsson has been pretty trash this series outside of that one move for a goal in game 1.

These games are the time to earn that 7 million.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
****ing Theodore. He was having a good game. There is no ****ing reason to stop skating there. None.

Fleury was going to get it then stopped then decided to go again too late. But Niskanen wasn't scoring from that angle either, so no need to panic. Both guys at fault.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas Report Card After 2

Offense: F
Defence: D
Goal Tending: B
PP: F-------------------
PK: B
Face offs: F
Puck Handling: D
Passing: F---------
Hockey IQ: F
Effort: F

On the bright side, we can't get much worse.
I'd say defense was a C+ overall. There were some breakdowns obviously but I think they tightened up better. Especially on the cross crease passes. It may look like it's still a problem but that's cause Washington keeps trying. Vegas disrupted every single attempt. And I disagree that we can't get much worse. I think they look better than they did in Game 2. But the footspeed and passing is really really bad. Especially the passing. You can get away with not being fast, but when your passes are done without thought and the receiver is not paying attention. That's a big thing. The first five minutes it looked like the boys were focused and more aware but since then it's like they're f***ing lost.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You all are depressing with the world is going to end crap. Its not all about the Knights here, they do have an opponent trying to beat them.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Vegas Report Card After 2

Offense: F
Defence: D
Goal Tending: B
PP: F-------------------
PK: B
Face offs: F
Puck Handling: D
Passing: F---------
Hockey IQ: F
Effort: F

On the bright side, we can't get much worse.

Too nice to Fleury. He's been no better than a C. A few good saves don't erase everything else. That's the baseline for a goalie in the SCF. He hasn't been above average.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You all are depressing with the world is going to end crap. Its not all about the Knights here, they do have an opponent trying to beat them.

An opponent who is playing fine hockey and that has been addressed. They've simplified their game and gotten pucks to the net and good things have happened for them.

We are overplaying everything and looking for too many passes and point shots almost exclusively instead of grinding.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'd say defense was a C+ overall. There were some breakdowns obviously but I think they tightened up better. Especially on the cross crease passes. It may look like it's still a problem but that's cause Washington keeps trying. Vegas disrupted every single attempt. And I disagree that we can't get much worse. I think they look better than they did in Game 2. But the footspeed and passing is really really bad. Especially the passing. You can get away with not being fast, but when your passes are done without thought and the receiver is not paying attention. That's a big thing. The first five minutes it looked like the boys were focused and more aware but since then it's like they're ****ing lost.
Well maybe a C..... not sure I would go far enough and give it a +

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Need two, you guys.

GhurryCERT.gif

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Too nice to Fleury. He's been no better than a C. A few good saves don't erase everything else. That's the baseline for a goalie in the SCF. He hasn't been above average.
B- maybe more fair. C+ yeah possibly but I do think he's been better than a C

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
B- maybe more fair. C+ yeah possibly but I do think he's been better than a C

Maybe I'm grading him a little more harshly but he's our unquestioned leader and if we want to win this series he has got to raise his game and not by just a little.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad