GDT: SCF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Washing Machine Capitals | 5:00PM | Defense Do Gooder Edition

Who Wins Game 3

• Both Touched Their Conference Cups, They Both Lose!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Are you all forgetting that we're watching a real-time movie? This is merely the last setback prior to the climax. The team can't seem to get anything going, the rookie is making mistakes, Fleury looks human, Washington is playing better, etc., etc., etc.

It's all setting up for Game 4, 5, and 6 where Theodore scores the GWG at least once, possibly to clinch the series and TDL "mistake" Tomas Tatar puts up five goals in three games to wind up as a hero. I'm unsure if Washington will make a last push in Game 6 only to get stoned by Fleury, but that's on the movie script table too.

Everything will be fine.
I'm liking the way you think. :nod: And would like to hope it all turns out something like that!

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Pains me to think this, but what I'm seeing from the Caps are a team that just seems to want it more than the VGK. Even Turk said last night after the game that we were outcompeted. Or maybe it's just that the Caps better understand that it takes yet another gear up in the SCF. Or maybe what some of us are perceiving as a lesser effort is really VGK simply not having the ability to step it up further. Caps might actually be the better team.

Also, the Caps trailed in every series this playoffs. Lose first two at home vs Jackets, then win four straight. Lose first at home vs Pens, then finally get past their archenemy in game six on the road. Down 3-2 to Lightning, then win game seven in Tampa.

In comparison, we've had a much easier road to the SCF. Maybe too easy.

Monday will tell plenty. Our first time trailing in a playoff series. Can we respond the way the Caps have this playoffs?

We'll see. :crossfing

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Pains me to think this, but what I'm seeing from the Caps are a team that just seems to want it more than the VGK. Even Turk said last night after the game that we were outcompeted. Or maybe it's just that the Caps better understand that it takes yet another gear up in the SCF. Or maybe what some of us are perceiving as a lesser effort is really VGK simply not having the ability to step it up further. Caps might actually be the better team.

Also, the Caps trailed in every series this playoffs. Lose first two at home vs Jackets, then win four straight. Lose first at home vs Pens, then finally get past their archenemy in game six on the road. Down 3-2 to Lightning, then win game seven in Tampa.

In comparison, we've had a much easier road to the SCF. Maybe too easy.

Monday will tell plenty. Our first time trailing in a playoff series. Can we respond the way the Caps have this playoffs?

We'll see. :crossfing

Second time trailing in a playoff series. The Jets won game 1 n our series against them.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BigDucksFan

Jun 23, 2016
Are you all forgetting that we're watching a real-time movie...
Everything will be fine.

tenor.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Every team the caps have played so far has not brought their A game, according to their fans. Maybe the caps are the reason why Vegas has played C level hockey.
This presupposes the notion that Vegas can do nothing to improve and they are just f***ed. Might as well give Washington the cup now, eh?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Every team the caps have played so far has not brought their A game, according to their fans. Maybe the caps are the reason why Vegas has played C level hockey.

Both of these can be true. Vegas can be playing poorly and the caps game could have something to do with that. I don't think anyone is saying the caps aren't playing well and that their play isn't a factor.

But the opponent isn't the only reason. Vegas just hasn't shown their game yet this whole series. Both teams were pretty poor in game 1, then the caps raised their game. Vegas hasn't responded to the caps level of play with their best so far, and they got what they deserved from the last two games because of it.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
In fact I’d probably add that not only did Vegas not raise their game, in a lot of areas they went backwards.

BattleBorns post is both good and bad, we have to lose game 4 and be right on the brink to then come back and win the series for it to be the most movie to ever have movied

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
In fact I’d probably add that not only did Vegas not raise their game, in a lot of areas they went backwards.

BattleBorns post is both good and bad, we have to lose game 4 and be right on the brink to then come back and win the series for it to be the most movie to ever have movied
Shouldn't happen. Game 7 is too cliche.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The team needs to have a short memory at this point. Just think about game 4. Win one game and then you can reassess. Panic won't help now. Focus on improving their own game, which there is plenty to focus on.

Giving nerves any time isn't worth it. There HAS to be one team ahead and one team behind after every odd numbered game. The confidence has to be there at this point but now they've been kicked in the mouth and realize it takes their skill, confidence AND working as hard as they ever have this season.

If you told them them at the beginning of the season, or even the beginning of the playoffs or possibly even the beginning of last series, that they would be in this position they would probably have been giddy with joy. Down one but within shouting distance of a Cup. Have some fun.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

You're absolutely right. In fact Gallant cancelled practice today & told the team not to show up on Monday night either. Then he told the guys we're conceding the Cup to the caps. :eyeroll:

Keep your opinions to your own board, we're not interested. Last time I checked both team had the same number of Cup banners hanging in their building.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Silly me. I should know better not to give my opinion on a public forum. :rolleyes:
To be fair, the NHL forum and Stanley Cup forum are the general public ones. Team forums are for fans of those teams. Visiting fans need to be much more cautious when posting.

I don’t mind different opinions, but this is the wrong place to come to stir shit.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
To be fair, the NHL forum and Stanley Cup forum are the general public ones. Team forums are for fans of those teams. Visiting fans need to be much more cautious when posting.

I don’t mind different opinions, but this is the wrong place to come to stir ****.

Point taken but I wasn’t trying to stir anything up. I just pointed out the Caps are playing so well that they are making Vegas and other teams not play up to their usual standard.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Point taken but I wasn’t trying to stir anything up. I just pointed out the Caps are playing so well that they are making Vegas and other teams not play up to their usual standard.
Fair enough, I don’t think it’s all Washington not to take anything away from the caps they’ve played well and adjusted when need, they are a big factor, but Vegas has been shooting themselves in the foot too, maybe that’s why they didn’t skate last game... foot wounds

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Fair enough, I don’t think it’s all Washington not to take anything away from the caps they’ve played well and adjusted when need, they are a big factor, but Vegas has been shooting themselves in the foot too, maybe that’s why they didn’t skate last game... foot wounds
Washington has done a phenomenal job taking space from VGK and being in nearly every passing lane VGK players want to use. I very much credit them for much of our poor play.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Washington has done a phenomenal job taking space from VGK and being in nearly every passing lane VGK players want to use. I very much credit them for much of our poor play.

This is easier to do when Vegas has been so predictable in the offensive zone. They don't respect anything but point shots, because that's all we tried. It's much easier to get in lanes and block shots when you're 90% sure of where they will be coming from.

We have an opponent on their game but we are making it too easy for them at the moment.

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad