SCF Game 2: Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Perhaps the $15 Estella Jaliscos prevented me from seeing the second (or first) instance of fire extinguishers on the ice.

That is certainly a possibility. :laugh:

First one was just below the Finals logo on the shoot twice side.

Second was center of the P in Cup on the shoot once side.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
These have been posted ad nauseam in the thread on these 2 including the one where Wilson tried to push Reaves’ helmet off and Reaves ends up going down. These were 4 & 5 years ago. Wilson has grown and could take Reaves out if he catches him with a good enough hit. I hope we see it this series.
I hope so too. This bout needs to happen. NHL lights be selling ppv. I've got Reaves in a decision.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Fancy having to play the most important games of the hockey year on bad ice. You'd never get a football world cup final on a bad pitch. It should never happen.

Still, you've got to make do haven't you. Pretty confident the Caps can take the W here and head home tied. I think the Caps are the better team when the game isn't crazy and uncontrolled

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Fancy having to play the most important games of the hockey year on bad ice. You'd never get a football world cup final on a bad pitch. It should never happen.

Still, you've got to make do haven't you. Pretty confident the Caps can take the W here and head home tied. I think the Caps are the better team when the game isn't crazy and uncontrolled

Then don't play the damn game in June! :laugh:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Three crazy and uncontrolled games and counting, then.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
There was a concert Saturday night, so the ice was covered and everything was in concert mode.

I noticed the ice looked like it sucked in game one and I commented to my missus that that was the case, it was visibly dry during the game and you could see the ruts more than you could ever see them in previous games throughout the season. Monday wasn't the warmest day we'd ever had a game, but it was close. In the previous warm games, the ice was fine.

Today will be the game with the hottest external temperatures, but I'm guessing the concert had more to do with ice conditions than the weather. I fully expect it to be fine tonight.

As he said, he's made ice in this city for decades during times with hotter temps than today, he knows what he's doing with the ice. I don't think he's ever had to deal with making ice in an operating arena with a concert schedule though. Eliminate the concert, and I 100% trust George Salami to put a a good sheet out since he's done it for years.

Salami is the man.
I don't mind the issues, it's a unique problem given the climate. I mind his BS excuse about players digging harder because it's the SCF and pretending that the ice was "on the mark".

Just admit it's a difficult climate to built ice in and admit the arena has contractural concert obligations. Most arenas suffer from similar situations, that's not the issue. His "nothing to see here" schtick is what is worrisome. I know Perron and Niskanen both said they felt like the pucks might not have been frozen either, that's obviously not on Salami, but that's another issue in itself.

Exclusive footage of George Salami during Game 1:

original.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad