SCF Game 2: Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's late May, it's hot as hell.

It's really hot.

So it's time to jump into BattleBorn's Jetta of Knights Luck and start a GDT.

Hc4h4p8.jpg

Wait, is it not normal to play hockey when it's 100 degrees outside?
Dec_uuZVAAE8aT6.jpg:large

Washington Capitals @ Vegas Golden Knights
5:00 PM Pacific
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV
NBCSN_Alternate_logo-300x219.png

(Click for link to listen online)​

:vegasGO KNIGHTS GO!:vegas

Let's Goooooooooooooooooo!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Damn. Apparently Imagine Dragons isn't doing their performance outside TMA but inside. Oh well. Still gonna go brave that heat to be part of that crowd.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I don't have high expectations for the ice, Sounds like the ice manager is basically saying the ice conditions are fine and it's mainly in the players heads.

“I’ve made ice in this town for a very long time,” said Salami, who has worked in Las Vegas since 1996. “Everything was on the mark.”

“These guys are fighting for the Stanley Cup,” he said. “It’s the hardest trophy to win on the planet. They’re digging hard and the ice is made to give. It’s not concrete — it has to give to skate on it, and they dig hard. That’s the snow getting in the way (of the puck). Sometimes when you’re digging really hard, they gouge really hard.”

T-Mobile crew works to smooth out ice issues for Game 2

Mean while every player they talked to said the ice felt weird, Perron even mention that something seemed off in the pregame.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The ice is brutal and the players on both teams are saying so. The only positive thing they say is that both teams have to play on it so one team doesn't have an advantage over the other. But it's still shitty ice. Last game they could have played with a tennis ball for all the bouncing the puck was doing.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
The ice is brutal and the players on both teams are saying so. The only positive thing they say is that both teams have to play on it so one team doesn't have an advantage over the other. But it's still ****ty ice. Last game they could have played with a tennis ball for all the bouncing the puck was doing.
I would probably fire the guy honestly, he's basically calling the players mental midgets. They're all saying something is off and he's like "Nooooope, maybe they're just skating harder."

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don't have high expectations for the ice, Sounds like the ice manager is basically saying the ice conditions are fine and it's mainly in the players heads.

“I’ve made ice in this town for a very long time,” said Salami, who has worked in Las Vegas since 1996. “Everything was on the mark.”

“These guys are fighting for the Stanley Cup,” he said. “It’s the hardest trophy to win on the planet. They’re digging hard and the ice is made to give. It’s not concrete — it has to give to skate on it, and they dig hard. That’s the snow getting in the way (of the puck). Sometimes when you’re digging really hard, they gouge really hard.”

T-Mobile crew works to smooth out ice issues for Game 2

Mean while every player they talked to said the ice felt weird, Perron even mention that something seemed off in the pregame.
There was a concert Saturday night, so the ice was covered and everything was in concert mode.

I noticed the ice looked like it sucked in game one and I commented to my missus that that was the case, it was visibly dry during the game and you could see the ruts more than you could ever see them in previous games throughout the season. Monday wasn't the warmest day we'd ever had a game, but it was close. In the previous warm games, the ice was fine.

Today will be the game with the hottest external temperatures, but I'm guessing the concert had more to do with ice conditions than the weather. I fully expect it to be fine tonight.

As he said, he's made ice in this city for decades during times with hotter temps than today, he knows what he's doing with the ice. I don't think he's ever had to deal with making ice in an operating arena with a concert schedule though. Eliminate the concert, and I 100% trust George Salami to put a a good sheet out since he's done it for years.

Salami is the man.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Odd for the manager to say that when they brought an extinguisher out to repair the ice after almost every stoppage of play. I don't think I've ever seen that happen in any Cup Final.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Odd for the manager to say that when they brought an extinguisher out to repair the ice after almost every stoppage of play. I don't think I've ever seen that happen in any Cup Final.
They brought it out once during the game. Let's not exaggerate. I was there, I saw what happened.

Reactions: bukwas

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
They brought it out once during the game. Let's not exaggerate. I was there, I saw what happened.
Yea, was just exaggerating. Tbf though the ice was bad and I've never seen an extinguisher out to repair it to begin with.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
It´s hot as hell. I agree to that. Here in Sweden we have 30 degrees already. We´re used to have like 15 degrees this time of the year but now the weather has gone freakin insane. Love it!

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008

This ice guy is full of baloney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad